Jordan Howard Released By Miami

H2o

I don’t know how he could hurt. And if anything he can help with some intel on Miami. He was very good in Chicago. Us not being able to run the ball is why we can’t hold leads. It’s a real problem. Everyone keeps saying just throw more but that doesn’t fix the issue. Balance is very important when you are playing the top teams. I say absolutely bring him in.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t know how he could hurt. And if anything he can help with some intel on Miami. He was very good in Chicago. Us not being able to run the ball is why we can’t hold leads. It’s a real problem. Everyone keeps saying just throw more but that doesn’t fix the issue. Balance is very important when you are playing the top teams. I say absolutely bring him in.

I don’t know if he’s the answer I still believe it’s more on OL 

but I agree 100% about we need to be more balanced on offense especially when you’re up by two TD’s late in the game 

Just now, Putin said:

I don’t know if he’s the answer I still believe it’s more on OL 

but I agree 100% about we need to be more balanced on offense especially when you’re up by two TD’s late in the game 

I’m not saying this is the guy Im hand picking to fix our running game, but the trade deadline is over, there are very few options. A better RB is not going to become available. Take a shot. No harm no foul

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I totally agree. He's 6' 230 and doesn't drop screen passes

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

4 games averaging 1 yard per carry or less and another averaging 1.9...how could you be that bad??

Sometimes a change in scenery helps...see Jerry Hughes

3 hours ago, BananaB said:

trade deadline is over and our running game is terrible. 

Do we have any other options

C’mon man!   He’s barely averaging a yard per carry.  The Dolphins top RB Myles Gaskin is on IR, yet they still dropped Howard.  The Bills playing Gore was crucified here and he was relatively much better.

RBs amaze me. This guy went from top 5 RB to journeyman RB in 1 season before the age of 25.

I think the only time you think about spending top assets on a RB is if they are part RB part WR like Kamara or McCaffery. Even then I'm not spending. I'de sleep well trading that player for a 1st or 2nd round pick even though I know he'll likely produce elsewhere. Cap management. 

Please don't bump this thread when Beane trades a 1st for McCaffery in the offseason. 

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d also like to see Yeldon get active. I have been calling for him since week 1 last year. Why we are carrying and paying an inactive veteran RB for 2 seasons is beyond me. Dress him, or cut him. What’s the point?

Personally, I love that a guy like Yeldon is our emergency back

He can step right in and be effective. There is no learning curve. This is huge for things like blitz pickup. Say we lose Moss or Singletary and have to put in Christian Wade. Defense does some fancy stunt, Wade reads it wrong and Josh gets slammed to the turf.

If you have a vet waiting in the wings, this is far less likely.

46 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Rather play Yeldon.

fact.

yeldon doesn't have the issue of needing to get into the feel of the game either, he can come out and hit holes hard and catch passes.  he's maybe less dynamic than our other backs, but they are slow enough it doesn't seem to be working anyhow.

our O outside of OT, QB, and WR (particularly with all the injuries) is just about woat.  ironically, those three positions are the biggest ones in football (outside of corner and DE) and we look pretty stacked there.  but the middle of our line is trash, our RBs are pretty much JAGS, and our TEs are near the bottom of the NFL.  hopefully ford and morse coming back will fix the guts, and maybe make our RBs look like NFL players.

I have a theory on backs like Howard and Frank Gore.  I know everyone is trying to make the game safer, so let's just create a "Gore" carry, similar to how baseball decided pitchers didn't need to throw 4 balls for an intentional walk, instead of making Gore or Howard actually carry the ball, lets just agree to move the ball forward 2 yards and kill a down.

Edited by Chuck Wagon
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I have a theory on backs like Howard and Frank Gore.  I know everyone is trying to make the game safer, so let's just create a "Gore" carry, similar to how baseball decided pitchers didn't need to throw 4 balls for an intentional walk, instead of making Gore or Howard actually carry the ball, lets just agree to move the ball forward 2 years and kill a down.

I agree...that Daboll Special Gore carry did make it seem like 2 years...😁

16 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d also like to see Yeldon get active. I have been calling for him since week 1 last year. Why we are carrying and paying an inactive veteran RB for 2 seasons is beyond me. Dress him, or cut him. What’s the point?

Emergency backup I suppose but I agree, I like Yeldon in there as a receiver out the backfield and he seems to show better speed than what we have out there already. To me rather see him out there instead of Moss TBH.