When Do Congressional Republicans Grow a Collective "Pair" and Stand Up to the Snowflake-in-Chief?

SoTier

3 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Introducing the New 'New Warriors' | Marvel

No comic book reader or any conservatives are reading this...

The projection of the dimwit libs to call anyone on the right a snowflake

is hysterical, and clearly shows a deep mental deficit.

Own something for once. It's ok that this is what you guys are.

Safe Space's symbol is a bowling ball?

My impression is the first Republican with presidential aspirations who calls out Trump and his sycophants will have the inside track to the nomination in 2024.  I view Trump as MacArthur during the Korean War.  He was hailed as the national hero, and was so egocentric that when he defied the Commander in Chief and Truman fired him, it was widely assumed he'd be the next President.  He was hailed a joint session of Congress, even referred to as God by some sycophants.  And then he went on his national tour, where it became readily apparent to even his supporters that he was a nut case.

Trump is a nut case.  Eventually nut cases become so unhinged that they show themselves to be unworthy of political office.  Trump will fade into the night over the next year or two, and those Republicans who are rational and actually behave like a Republican will be favored.

Plus Trump will likely be doing his ranting from jail, as I expect NYS and/or the Southern District to indict him for various crimes shortly after January 20. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

My impression is the first Republican with presidential aspirations who calls out Trump and his sycophants will have the inside track to the nomination in 2024.  I view Trump as MacArthur during the Korean War.  He was hailed as the national hero, and was so egocentric that when he defied the Commander in Chief and Truman fired him, it was widely assumed he'd be the next President.  He was hailed a joint session of Congress, even referred to as God by some sycophants.  And then he went on his national tour, where it became readily apparent to even his supporters that he was a nut case.

Trump is a nut case.  Eventually nut cases become so unhinged that they show themselves to be unworthy of political office.  Trump will fade into the night over the next year or two, and those Republicans who are rational and actually behave like a Republican will be favored.

Plus Trump will likely be doing his ranting from jail, as I expect NYS and/or the Southern District to indict him for various crimes shortly after January 20. 

I disagree.

Trump is going to run again. Anyone who speaks out against him will ruin their political career on the national stage. 

Trump will cakewalk his way to the nomination in 4 years. No one will cross him until they know what his intentions are.

There's already talk of his daughter in law running for senator to "test the waters" in North Carolina in two years. 

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree.

Trump is going to run again. Anyone who speaks out against him will ruin their political career on the national stage. 

Trump will cakewalk his way to the nomination in 4 years. No one will cross him until they know what his intentions are.

There's already talk of his daughter in law running for senator to "test the waters" in North Carolina in two years. 

Donnie and Baby Trump Ivanka are likely to be too busy fighting off criminal investigations in New York to launch much of a campaign for a couple of years at least.   There were more subpoenas issued today about Trump's tax rewrite offs.

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

But we have said this since 2015! And it was true then as it is now, but the cult is still the cult 

55 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Donnie and Baby Trump Ivanka are likely to be too busy fighting off criminal investigations in New York to launch much of a campaign for a couple of years at least.   There were more subpoenas issued today about Trump's tax rewrite offs.

I'm convinced that Trump is desperately trying to hold on to power because it'll be the only thing that keeps him or his kids out of prison. 

I think they know what's waiting for them at the Southern District of NY, and they know it's not going to work out well for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

I'm convinced that Trump is desperately trying to hold on to power because it'll be the only thing that keeps him or his kids out of prison. 

I think they know what's waiting for them at the Southern District of NY, and they know it's not going to work out well for them. 

Trump doesn't care about his kids any more than he cares for anybody or anything not named Donald J Trump.  He uses them just as he's uses anybody and anything to get whatever he wants.

It's the way narcissistic sociopaths are.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

Trump doesn't care about his kids any more than he cares for anybody or anything not named Donald J Trump.  He uses them just as he's uses anybody and anything to get whatever he wants.

It's the way narcissistic sociopaths are.

I disagree, regarding Ivanka.

I think they have some real daddy/daughter issues. 

The sons are just pawns. 

The tax issues seem to stem from paying Ivanka and writing off those payments. 

People have gone to jail for doing that. 

10 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I disagree, regarding Ivanka.

I think they have some real daddy/daughter issues. 

The tax issues seem to stem from paying Ivanka and writing off those payments.

The sons are just pawns.

People have gone to jail for doing that. 

I agree that Ivanka is more independent than her brothers, but I don't think that Trump cares enough for her to sacrifice anything for her.   He's not a normal person much less a normal parent.   Former Erie County, NY County Executive and ex-Congressman Chris Collins took a plea bargain and is serving prison time for insider trading in exchange for his son not being tried on similar charges.   Trump would see all his children go to jail, including Barron, rather than inconvenience himself or put his ego aside.

CNN’s Jake Tapper on “State of the Union” summed up the state of the Republican Party on Sunday: “State election officials and judges throughout the country are serving as protectors of our democracy at a time when, frankly, Republican leaders in Washington, D.C., are failing miserably at the job, as are administration officials who have proven willing to degrade themselves, to serve the president’s brittle spirit instead of the Constitution and the American people.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 11/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, jrober38 said:

I disagree.

I think Trump leaving office is a big key to settling the country down as he was purposely divisive and the MSM also helped stoke that.

Once gone, it'll become apparent that while he wanted to drain the swamp, he lives in his own swamp which he would have installed.  

Enough of us middle folk and a number of right folks I talked to realize his communication style is toxic, his nepotism and constant hirings/firings just point to his host of other problems that will make him unfit.  He was just a better option than Hillary, nothing more.

Trump is toast, I guess we'll see if they actually run Ivanka but I would view her just like Hillary when she became a senator for no real reason other than her husband.

• Like (+1) 1

It would be one thing if folks that supported Trump took a moment to reflect and understand what the term "demagogue" means - they could literally remove the text and insert a picture of Trump.

Demagogue:

A demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ (from Greek δημαγωγός, a popular leader, a leader of a mob, from δῆμος, people, populace, the commons + ἀγωγός leading, leader)[1] or rabble-rouser[2][3] in contemporary usage is a leader who gains popularity by exploiting emotions, prejudice, hatred, and ignorance to arouse the common people against elites, whipping up the passions of the crowd and shutting down reasoned deliberation.[1][4] 

Demagogues overturn established norms of political conduct, or promise or threaten to do so.[5] Demagogues frequently present themselves as populists, to the point where "populism" itself has now acquired a negative connotation.

Historian Reinhard Luthin defined demagogue as "...a politician skilled in oratory, flattery and invective; evasive in discussing vital issues; promising everything to everybody; appealing to the passions rather than the reason of the public; and arousing racial, religious, and class prejudices – a man whose lust for power without recourse to principle leads him to seek to become a master of the masses. He has for centuries practiced his profession of 'man of the people'. He is a product of a political tradition nearly as old as western civilization itself."[6]

Demagogues have appeared in democracies since ancient Athens, where the word did not originally have a negative connotation. They exploit a fundamental weakness in democracy: because ultimate power is held by the people, it is possible for the people to give that power to someone who appeals to the lowest common denominator of a large segment of the population.[7] Demagogues usually advocate immediate, forceful action to address a crisis while accusing moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness or disloyalty. If elected to high executive office, demagogues typically unravel constitutional limits on executive power and attempt to convert their democracy into an authoritarian system, even a dictatorship.

• Like (+1) 1

Add to list

A group of leading GOP national security experts — including former homeland security secretary Tom Ridge — urged congressional Republicans on Monday to demand President Trump concede the election and immediately begin the transition to the incoming Biden administration.

“President Trump’s refusal to permit the presidential transition poses significant risks to our national security, at a time when the U.S. confronts a global pandemic and faces serious threats from global adversaries, terrorist groups, and other forces,” said a statement signed by more than 100 GOP luminaries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-concede-republicans-national-security/2020/11/23/af5e6a36-2d3c-11eb-860d-f7999599cbc2_story.html

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:
Add to list

A group of leading GOP national security experts — including former homeland security secretary Tom Ridge — urged congressional Republicans on Monday to demand President Trump concede the election and immediately begin the transition to the incoming Biden administration.

“President Trump’s refusal to permit the presidential transition poses significant risks to our national security, at a time when the U.S. confronts a global pandemic and faces serious threats from global adversaries, terrorist groups, and other forces,” said a statement signed by more than 100 GOP luminaries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-concede-republicans-national-security/2020/11/23/af5e6a36-2d3c-11eb-860d-f7999599cbc2_story.html

Trump couldn't care less.

He'll spend the next two months doing as much damage as possible before Biden gets the keys to the house. 

He has no shame. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump couldn't care less.

He'll spend the next two months doing as much damage as possible before Biden gets the keys to the house. 

He has no shame. 

You could add Mitch McConnell and most of the rest of the GOP in the House and Senate to the list.

They keep blurring the lines between the legal efforts a presidential candidate can take and the irresponsible blocking of the normal transition process and publicly hurling baseless accusations of voter fraud and election-rigging from the bully pulpit of the Executive Branch office.

It is not the norm, and McConnel would watch this nation burn as long as he could raise a GOP flag over the ashes.

Just now, WideNine said:

You could add Mitch McConnell and most of the rest of the GOP in the House and Senate to the list.

They keep blurring the lines between the legal efforts a presidential candidate can take and the irresponsible blocking of the normal transition process and publicly hurling baseless accusations of voter fraud and election-rigging from the bully pulpit of the Executive Branch office.

It is not the norm, and McConnel would watch this nation burn as long as he could raise a GOP flag over the ashes.

McConnell cares about taking care of his special interests. That's his only job to do in Washington, to make sure his high profile donors get what they want from the Federal Government.

Trump doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself. 

• Like (+1) 2

Schwarzman said in a statement to Axios that Biden won and it's time to move on.

• "I'm a fan of good process," Schwarzman said. "In my comments three days after the election, I was trying to be a voice of reason and express why it's in the national interest to have all Americans believe the election is being resolved correctly. But the outcome is very certain today, and the country should move on."
  • "I supported President Trump and the strong economic path he built. Like many in the business community, I am ready to help President-elect Biden and his team as they confront the significant challenges of rebuilding our post-COVID economy."