When Do Congressional Republicans Grow a Collective "Pair" and Stand Up to the Snowflake-in-Chief?

SoTier

Just now, WideNine said:

One can "feel" fraud happened, but if Trump does not have a shred of evidence that can stand up to the most cursory of judicial review it amounts to just being angry that you lost.

The legal "process" (if you can call this desperate barrage of empty legal filings a process) can procede without impeding the normal transition of information and key reporting to the President Elect.

Trump received the courtesy of briefings while green party legal filings contesting his 2016 results wound their way through court and were eventually dismissed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/judges-increasingly-frustrated-trumps-legal-claims-2020-election/story?id=74211479

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/trump-legal-team-cases-dropped-436492

Who says he doesn't have evidence? You think they would tell the corrupted media? The courts will decide, not some dimwit on a obscure message board. LOL

6 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

What are you so afraid of? You spent the last four years complaining about election corruption, now you don't care if there might be legitimate corruption? If Biden does end up winning, he won't be sworn in for another 2 months. Plenty of time to make sure our election process is trustworthy. Something you've been crying about the last four years!

Why the sudden change? 

I agree.  Just answering the op’s question. 

3 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

That depends on your perspective.

If you are a lefty - yes.

If you are a normal person with a job or a small business - NO!

Forced lockdowns by leftist state governments have been a disaster. The economy is in ruins. Not that the left understand or care about the economy.

There have also been more deaths by suicide due to lockdown-induced depression than COVID ever could have caused. Worse still - it's young people bearing the brunt. 

The strategy should have been to isolate and protect people over the age of 70 with co-morbidities. And to keep the economy OPEN.

In terms of COVID deaths the numbers might look good but it is a false narrative written up by the left.

Situation normal, all f.... up.

Very sad to hear—loved my time there as brief as it was.  

34 minutes ago, WideNine said:

One can "feel" fraud happened, but if Trump does not have a shred of evidence that can stand up to the most cursory of judicial review it amounts to just being angry that you lost.

The legal "process" (if you can call this desperate barrage of empty legal filings a process) can procede without impeding the normal transition of information and key reporting to the President Elect.

Trump received the courtesy of briefings while green party legal filings contesting his 2016 results wound their way through court and were eventually dismissed.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/judges-increasingly-frustrated-trumps-legal-claims-2020-election/story?id=74211479

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/trump-legal-team-cases-dropped-436492

I respect your right to hold a different opinion, but your opinion really doesn’t change anything. My question comes back to “What is there to be afraid of in pursuing lawful challenges to the process?”. For all the handwringing and raging here and online, the message point seems to be he should disregard his rights as a candidate because people think he should.  

DJT received the courtesy of subterfuge—nothing more and nothing less.  From the innuendo of Russian collusion to the expulsion of diplomats by Obama in late December, to the targeting of his administration by the Obama DOJ.   As time went on, the scheming got worse, and the attacks became more viscous.  There was no courtesy, no honor, and with 70% of republican voters concerned about election fraud (as I read somewhere today), the right choice is to soldier on. 

Biden and his crew will be fine, as will his supporters.  He’s been a VP, a senator and been dialed in to our intelligence agencies for decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, you'd think that "blue wave" would have scared them...

Landslide! 

2 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Who says he doesn't have evidence? You think they would tell the corrupted media? The courts will decide, not some dimwit on a obscure message board. LOL

Who is asking you to decide? 

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I respect your right to hold a different opinion, but your opinion really doesn’t change anything. My question comes back to “What is there to be afraid of in pursuing lawful challenges to the process?”. For all the handwringing and raging here and online, the message point seems to be he should disregard his rights as a candidate because people think he should.  

DJT received the courtesy of subterfuge—nothing more and nothing less.  From the innuendo of Russian collusion to the expulsion of diplomats by Obama in late December, to the targeting of his administration by the Obama DOJ.   As time went on, the scheming got worse, and the attacks became more viscous.  There was no courtesy, no honor, and with 70% of republican voters concerned about election fraud (as I read somewhere today), the right choice is to soldier on. 

Biden and his crew will be fine, as will his supporters.  He’s been a VP, a senator and been dialed in to our intelligence agencies for decades. 

I have absolutely zero fear of team Trump spending GOP and MAGA dollars on lawsuits that have little to no chance of changing the vote.

His GSA appointee should be told to certify the current results to allow transition teams to work. That certification is a formality and is how it always works...unless you have someone whose ego is so bloated he would harm the nation to spite his wounded pride that more folks legitimately think he is a bad President than those who think he is a good one and voted accordingly.

The certification to allow transitional information does not replace the electoral college certification of election results. Each state certifies their results, the electoral college meets and cast their state votes and all those need to be cast by Dec 23rd.

Jan 6th Congress meets and the ballots are counted and on Jan 20th the President Elect is sworn in as President.

Slow-walking that GSA cert process is dumb, and referencing the Bush v. Gore recount as a precedent is equally stupid as it was only contesting Florida and over a few thousand vote margin. Not comparable to the election loss Trump just had, but spite and revenge has always been his stock and trade.

Just because someone chooses to ignore something does not make it disappear or make it false. Be that a pandemic, or a foreign government interfering with your country's elections and targeting your campaign.

And anyone that critiques Obama's DOJ, yet turns a blind eye to William Barr to the fact that he believes in Presidential autocracy has lost credibility.

Over 1100 former DOJ officials spanning both Democrat and Republican administrations signed a petition for his removal.

You MAY think having a President who is above the law is a good thing for your beloved Trump, now imagine your nightmare Democrat holding that office with the powers that Barr prescribes sans any checks below:

Thus, as a matter of constitutional law, Barr concluded that Congress is without any power to bar the president from “[exercising] supervisory authority over cases in which his own conduct might be at issue.” It followed, according to Barr, that the whole idea of a prosecutor within the executive branch operating beyond the president’s direct oversight—even a special counsel like Mueller—was a constitutional nonstarter. So the president’s recent statement that he has a “legal right” to interfere in criminal investigations just repeats what Bill Barr has told him.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

I've been using "puppet masters" since well before you infested this place, skippy. 

Sorry attempt at trolling using other people's lines... Sad

10 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Some people are enabled to post useless threads to promote their self interests.  

Did you notice most of these threads were started by Trumpies before they got ran out of here by an election loss, so that we can agree on. Glad you think Trump supporters only promote their self interests especially with lies.

Edited by TBBills

Trump wants to attack Iran on his way out the door. 

3 hours ago — President Donald Trump last week asked senior aides what possibilities he had for an offensive strike on Iran's primary nuclear site, The New ...

Just trying to create trouble to be an a-hole? 

13 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Fraud was never proven with the 2016 Election but nearly all the Libs here believe that Hillary was robbed.  Do you believe that it is bad for the US for Libs not to accept the results of the 2016 Election.

Yes it is....but I  do not remember Hillary filing dozens of silly suits knowing it would not change the results....I don't remember Hillary tweeting that the election was rigged....and, from all we know so far, Trump lost by a much wider margin.....I don't remember Obama stopping Trump's team to begin the transition process.....What Trump is doing right now is really bad for our country....everyone knows it...some can't admit it ..

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Yes it is....but I  do not remember Hillary filing dozens of silly suits knowing it would not change the results....I don't remember Hillary tweeting that the election was rigged....and, from all we know so far, Trump lost by a much wider margin.....I don't remember Obama stopping Trump's team to begin the transition process.....What Trump is doing right now is really bad for our country....everyone knows it...some can't admit it ..

The past four years if democrat temper tantrum was bad for the country. It was an embarrassment. The left has a lot of nerve when it comes to accepting the results of the election. 

If the left manned up and admit they are being hypocrites, then we can begin to heal as a country. Until then, no dice!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Hillary never said anything about Russian interference????  We will see how silly the lawsuits are when it is all said and done.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Hillary never said anything about Russian interference????  We will see how silly the lawsuits are when it is all said and done.

Did Hillary filed lawsuits?.....Did she tell everyone who was willing to listen that the election was rigged ?.....

Yes, silly lawsuits....cases being dropped everywhere...lawyers quitting the Trump team.....Judges ( both Dems and Republicans ) getting pissed at them for basically bringing up no facts....Donnie is just making lots of noise like a toddler who lost his pacifier....He lost, but cannot admit he'll be branded as a loser....one of a very small group of losers who could not make it to a 2nd term....so, he's creating an " alternative " reality.....most see through it, some do not....

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Did Hillary filed lawsuits?.....Did she tell everyone who was willing to listen that the election was rigged ?.....

Yes, silly lawsuits....cases being dropped everywhere...lawyers quitting the Trump team.....Judges ( both Dems and Republicans ) getting pissed at them for basically bringing up no facts....Donnie is just making lots of noise like a toddler who lost his pacifier....He lost, but cannot admit he'll be branded as a loser....one of a very small group of losers who could not make it to a 2nd term....so, he's creating an " alternative " reality.....most see through it, some do not....

Hate to tell you this but Hillary did tell anyone willing to listen and a lot who really did not want to hear from her that the Russians stole the election from her.  Further, Hillary could have filed lawsuits but it soon would have become evident she had nothing of substance to go on.  

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Hate to tell you this but Hilary did tell anyone willing to listen and a lot who really did not want to hear from her that the Russians stole the election from her.  Further, Hillary could have filed lawsuits but it soon would have become evident she had nothing of substance to go on.  

That is exactly what Donnie is doing.....no substance....cases being dropped as fast as they're being filed.......the difference is he doesn't care if he looks like a clown/sore loser.......again, most people see through it.....

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

The difference here is that every level of the intelligence community said Russia DID interfere with the election, compared to now when there hasn't been a shred of proof of any voter fraud. 

Crying about something that didn't actually happen makes Trump look like the loser he is.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The difference here is that every level of the intelligence community said Russia DID interfere with the election, compared to now when there hasn't been a shred of proof of any voter fraud. 

Crying about something that didn't actually happen makes Trump look like the loser he is.

Tampering with equipment or software?  No.  The only meaningful measures of tampering.  If that kind of tampering had truly happened you lefty's would still be shouting from the rooftop about it today.  What you are talking about are bogus dossier's and meany Facebook statements about Hillary.  Please address the numerous problems in Canada including Quebec'rs who loath the English language.  You are about due for another push for succession by Quebec away from the rest of Canada.  

12 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Tampering with equipment or software?  No.  The only meaningful measures of tampering.  If that kind of tampering had truly happened you lefty's would still be shouting from the rooftop about it today.  What you are talking about are bogus dossier's and meany Facebook statements about Hillary.  Please address the numerous problems in Canada including Quebec'rs who loath the English language.  You are about due for another push for succession by Quebec away from the rest of Canada.  

No.

I'm talking about the testimony offered by various intelligence agency heads who said without a shadow of a doubt that the Russians actively interfered in the 2016 election. 

I couldn't care less about Quebec. Ontario would be much better off just becoming its own country. 

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

No.

I'm talking about the testimony offered by various intelligence agency heads who said without a shadow of a doubt that the Russians actively interfered in the 2016 election. 

I couldn't care less about Quebec. Ontario would be much better off just becoming its own country. 

There is quite the shadow of a doubt when the only things that matter in an election such as equipment and software are tampered with.  Russian hookers and all that nonsense does not matter.

Please expand concerning your feelings towards Quebec.  I know a fair number of people from Ontario and they all feel the same way.  Just to be clear they all want the western provinces plus the Atlantic Maritime to remain.  Kind of sad that this division exists.