My Man Cole Beasley

1 hour ago, Success said:

It's kind of funny - I didn't like him at all when he was a Cowboy. But that's really because he was so good - always open.

He has become one of my favorite Bills. Not just current, either.  He's clutch, consistent & has a great winning attitude.  And he loves being a Bill.

I HATE IT him when he was a Cowboy  , 

i liked it a lot when Bean brought him in , 

I love the kid now I hope he finishes his career as a Bill 

I think my only beef with Allen's play was a completion to Beasley. That final drive Allen basically said I know Beasley will get open I'm going his way until they stop it. 

Go back and watch 2nd and 13 on the last drive at AZ 47. Moss goes for 30 and has 1 guy to beat for a TD if Allen throws him the ball. I'm not sure why Allen didn't throw him the ball he looked right at him. 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I like Njoku but the Bills are cash strapped and not sure they even had the money to pay him.  Drafting a Tight End is a must in April.

Once we gave up on Hooper which would have been a good idea, we basically made the call we were waiting for the draft.  Good news is the TE class is solid so we’ll see.  During the off season there will be tons of people talking about a 1000 different needs, but I agree we draft someone.

I was just talking about Cole and the Buffalo WR’s with my Dad over the weekend. My Dad has been a devout Bills fan since the Chuck Knox years. We agreed that Diggs-Brown-Beasley is the best Buffalo WR trio since Moulds-Price-(Josh) Reed. Diggs, the “X” guy with the perfect routes and hands, is on pace for the best statistical WR season in franchise history. Then you have the speedy “Z” guy in Brown with a career performance last year as a #1 and who completely changes the dynamics of this year’s offense when healthy. And then of course is our beloved Cole “Measley” Beasley (as Skip “Pay Less” Bayless referred to him in Dallas), an insanely clutch and fearless and ruggedly handsome over-the-middle “Y” slot guy.

Ok, so my Dad then proceeded to ratchet up the conversation a bit. What about their potential for the best Buffalo trio ever, above (Andre) Reed-Lofton-Beebe? Or best NFL trio ever, ahead of Washington’s Posse (Monk-Clark-Sanders)? Or the best quartet ever, ahead of the Run-and-Shoot Fab 4 (Jeffiries-Hill-Givins-Duncan) of the old Houston Oilers days…if you add Gabriel Davis for our Bills? For those of you who have followed the NFL since the 80’s and maybe saw these players live: your thoughts? Is my Dad on to something here? Or should I warn my brothers of his dormant alcoholism flaring up again?

20 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

He doesn’t get enough looks if you ask me. 
can not guard the guy 

Oh believe me, Cole gets plenty of looks! Yes, that was an intentionally uncomfortable double entendre. But there are only so many pass attempts that Josh Allen can and should make per game. Daboll needs to work in the running game more as the weather gets worse going into December and January. And I would argue that an optimal Daboll offense is one where the pass targets are spread a bit more evenly from Diggs and Beasley toward Brown and Davis. I’d also like to see more exotic and RB-friendly/TE-friendly personnel packages by the time we start playing Pittsburgh, New England, and Miami. Keep our enemies guessing!

19 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Yeah he’s a really fun player.. he’s getting old though.. I hope we can squeeze a couple more years out of him.. Very clutch player in the 4th qtr...

Cole is the perfect age (31), just like he has the perfect height (5’8”), weight (175 lb), eyes (blue), and personality (ultimate competitor and beloved teammate). You can still find very productive slot WR’s into their mid-30’s, right? Welker? Edelman? Ok…maybe start looking for a new one in the draft, but let’s please keep Cole as one of those experienced locker room vets for at least a few more seasons!

18 hours ago, Buftex said:

I live in Cowboys territory...I hated the little ***** for years...change in uniform, change in (my) attitude!  He really is fantastic...I honestly think he is playing even better for us that he did with the Pokes. That may just be a function of him being more vital to our offense than he was in Dallas...but he is vital.  Just git rid of that damn man-bun though! :)

Leave Cole’s hair as is. Even the Bible warns us of the dangers of messing with good hair (see: something about Samson, Old Testament, Book of Judges, Ch 13-16).

EDIT: Biblical correction.

Edited by RealKayAdams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The thing that impresses me so much about him is his awareness and how "on the same page" he is with Josh.

His routes are soo good but his ability to find the soft spots and sit in the zone is sooooo good. 

There was even a play where he caught like a 5 yard pass and he was back pedaling to get more into the window to be able to catch and run after. His awareness to minute details are incredible and he's a huge help to Josh Allen and this offense.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can't do that. 

When one play is different, the others are different. 

Maybe they rush and don't get set or someone isn't locked in and we get a penalty.

I'm not saying anything against the play.   I'm just saying that when game was going on I was hoping we kept clock running.  I did not want them to have any time at all.  We had timeouts so could have stopped as needed.  

More of an observation than anything else. 

46 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

Oh believe me, Cole gets plenty of looks! Yes, that was an intentionally uncomfortable double entendre. But there are only so many pass attempts that Josh Allen can and should make per game. Daboll needs to work in the running game more as the weather gets worse going into December and January. And I would argue that an optimal Daboll offense is one where the pass targets are spread a bit more evenly from Diggs and Beasley toward Brown and Davis. I’d also like to see more exotic and RB-friendly/TE-friendly personnel packages by the time we start playing Pittsburgh, New England, and Miami. Keep our enemies guessing!

This is a great question that the all-22 may answer a bit.  Are Davis and Knox just not open?  Or does Josh just have so much more confidence towards them that he'll take Diggs or Beasley (to a lesser extent Brown, he's made some great receptions and if not for penalty elsewhere on his catch would have been right up there with the other two).  IOW what's going on, is it play design, play execution by the WR, or is it on Josh's end? 

Leave Cole’s hair as is. Even the Bible warns us of the dangers of messing with good hair (see: something about Samson, Old Testament, Book of Judges, Ch 13-16).

When a 5'8" man can make a catch like that one handed leaping grab on the sideline that Bease hauled in, he can wear his hair Any Way He Likes. 

Man-bun, dreads, pink, green, shaved -

Whatever he likes.

18 hours ago, MJS said:

That leaping one handed grab was jaw dropping. Could not believe my eyes when the refs signalled that he caught it in bounds. It looked to be well over his head.

And that was one of the most important plays of the game. Don't get that and we likely punt it since we were deep in our own end.

It WAS well over his head. 

The man measured a 38" vertical  at the combine and he's still got every inch if not more. 

He's also got more with a running start - he can dunk!!!

11 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Someone on Reddit called him “Baby Thor.” We’re sticking with that in our house. 

I love it!  Beasley = Baby Thor.  Except his a Grown Ass Man at WR.  "Pocket Thor" perhaps?

45 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

I was just talking about Cole and the Buffalo WR’s with my Dad over the weekend. My Dad has been a devout Bills fan since the Chuck Knox years. We agreed that Diggs-Brown-Beasley is the best Buffalo WR trio since Moulds-Price-(Josh) Reed. Diggs, the “X” guy with the perfect routes and hands, is on pace for the best statistical WR season in franchise history. Then you have the speedy “Z” guy in Brown with a career performance last year as a #1 and who completely changes the dynamics of this year’s offense when healthy. And then of course is our beloved Cole “Measley” Beasley (as Skip “Pay Less” Bayless referred to him in Dallas), an insanely clutch and fearless and ruggedly handsome over-the-middle “Y” slot guy.

20-E33-DD1-C58-C-487-B-8-DE9-3244-FAAE84

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm not saying anything against the play.   I'm just saying that when game was going on I was hoping we kept clock running.  I did not want them to have any time at all.  We had timeouts so could have stopped as needed.  

More of an observation than anything else. 

Understood. 

I thought you were doing the thing so many do, where they want to change the result of one play and expect the rest of the game to be the same.

I can't see that video so I don't know if it shows up there, but what he did to Patrick Peterson at the LOS on that TD catch was absolutely filthy.

I really like Peterson but watching him calling for safety help from the slot had me laughing my ass off during the game.

In the game thread I referred to it as an Allen Iverson route and I'm sticking with that. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1