Still haven’t seen Allen’s potential

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Yea, totally. I haven't seen one ounce of evidence that Josh Allen has the potential for growth. And nobody ever gets better at anything in life past the age of 24. In fact, it's pretty much downhill from here on out. 

At first as I read your post I was like "this guy is insane" and then I saw who you were replying too and I then thought "ok, this is sarcasm" lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

And he’s been great all year! On pace for 35 TDs and 11 INTs 3:1 ratio and 4,500 yards.. He still gets confused by certain packages but all in all his progress this year has been great! He’s in his 3rd year and that’s dog years for a QB.. The best is yet to come.. imagine him 4 or 5 years from now.. Best arm in the NFL and the game has really slowed down for him mentally.. Not even close to his prime yet... Wait till he masters the mental side of football and we’re likely looking at a Championship by the end of his time here.. Most gifted QB in the NFL and he still has yet to put it all together.. 

Great points,  i am enjoying the ride.  Wait until he has a real RB playing behind him,  or a TE that does not drop passes. As we haver seen for years,  everything becomes easier when you have a stud QB and that is where Josh is head towards. 

I couldn't be more excited about Allen. We waited FOREVER for a franchise QB. Who remembers the Losman/Edwards debate?

He has it all.  Every physical skill you could want in a QB, and every intangible. And the man is clutch.

There is a double standard w/ him because of all of the preconceived notions of "inaccuracy" and "mistakes."  Russell can sail a pass or throw a few picks, and he's just off on that play or in that game.  Allen does the same, and it's all "There it is!  That's why people still doubt him...."

Not only did we get the "right Josh" in that draft. We got the best QB, period. There was some debate that Jackson was that guy, but that seems to be trailing off a bit now...

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately I think this is the real Josh Allen and pretty much a finished product.

It's not necessarily a bad thing but the wild inconsistency is probably going to continue with him looking like a league MVP one weak and a mess the next.

And in hindsight he's a major reason this team lost yesterday despite the late 4th quarter heroics which should have won the game in most circumstances.

So, the screen name, oxymoron, right?

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am a huge fan of Allen.

But he's not the most gifted QB in the NFL.

He has the biggest arm and his skillset is unique..........but he has well below average natural touch throwing the football for a starting NFL QB..............he's one of the worst at it, really..............he still LABORS to drop the ball into the bucket on deep passes and can't feather the ball in like you want on plays like screens and those are where things most often go to hell for him.

He will have to develop that skill.........it's not innate to him.

But I feel like he will because he is going to work on it until he is good at it.

I know I bang the DK Metcalf drum around here plenty but that type of skillset........the ability to get deep and then extend and turn into a massive target for innacurate throws.........is probably the greatest gift this organization could give to him at this point.      

I could cherry pick a few plays as well to show evidence he continues to improve with this type of throw. This year, I’ve seen absolutely perfect precise short, behind the LOS passes he’s thrown that landed like a baby in the hands of RBs & WRs running full speed. Definitely takes a ‘touch’ and as a rocket armed passer, that’s saying something. 

1 hour ago, Freak-O said:

From year one to year two he got better. From year two to year three he got better. He's still very young, but of course he won't get any better during the next ten, fifteen years. Everyone peaks at 24, everybody knows that.

Please don’t feed the trolls.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately I think this is the real Josh Allen and pretty much a finished product.

It's not necessarily a bad thing but the wild inconsistency is probably going to continue with him looking like a league MVP one weak and a mess the next.

And in hindsight he's a major reason this team lost yesterday despite the late 4th quarter heroics which should have won the game in most circumstances.

You.  Have.  Got.  To.  Be.  Kidding.

Oh yeah you have the phins winning the division....never mind then.

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, the screen name oxymoron, right?

I could cherry pick a few plays as well to show evidence he continues to improve with this type of throw. This year, I’ve seen absolutely perfect precise short, behind the LOS passes he’s thrown that landed like a baby in the hands of RBs & WRs running full speed. Definitely takes a ‘touch’ and as a rocket armed passer, that’s saying something. 

Please don’t feed the trolls.

Oh he's improved......... but there are guys who can make all of the throws..........and specifically throw with much better touch..........Mahomes, Rodgers and Russ to name the most prominent.

For them,  that touch is a gift or something they developed long before the NFL..........for Josh it's something he is still trying to turn into a positive.

I think he will get there but when nearly every ball that he throws over 30 yards in the air falls 10 feet or more off target I think it begins to become a self-sustaining problem............getting him someone who can retrieve the errant throw would help with the mental aspect, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Agreed.  

As much as it set us up for the most heart breaking loss in recent memory, the fact he led us down the field for the potential game winning TD is huge moving forward. 

He had just thrown some picks and when they flashed to him on the sideline, he had that glazed over/staring off into the distance look... at least we know he can shake that off, because when i saw him just staring i said out loud "yup, this game is over".

Didn't quite happen like you thought tho did it???  In fact absent a miracle play the Bills would have won that game and then "yup, this game WOULD have been over."

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh he's improved......... but there are guys who can make all of the throws..........and specifically throw with much better touch..........Mahomes, Rodgers and Russ to name the most prominent.

For them,  that touch is a gift or something they developed long before the NFL..........for Josh it's something he is still trying to turn into a positive.

I think he will get there but when nearly every ball that he throws over 30 yards in the air falls 10 feet or more off target I think it begins to become a self-sustaining problem............getting him someone who can retrieve the errant throw would help with the mental aspect, IMO.

His deep throws have had less and less air under them as the season has gone on, and it means his receivers can't adjust/catch up because it's getting there too fast. Basically, he's reverting to bad habits. Gotta get that fixed over the bye week. If he doesn't, teams won't fear the Bills deep game, just like last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I definitely think Josh will get himself and the Bills a Super Bowl ring at some point. Hell, I think they have a shot this year, but in any event It's definitely coming imo. And it will be Oh So Sweet!

There's something about Josh that reminds me of John Elway. And I remember Elway losing 3 Super Bowls and only winning his first at the age of 38. He had lost 8 playoff games prior to winning his first championship, over 13 seasons. Six of his first 13 years he did not make the playoffs.

I'm in this for the long haul with Josh. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Whenever you are around friends does it happen often that they pretend not to see you ? 

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm happy with where allen is at. This offense desperately needs another playmaker at either TE or RB. Cards have a pretty good secondary. They were also missing some d lineman. We should have been attacking their front 7 but we can't because we have absolutely no one capable of doing so. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He's related to that kid from Blasdale who used to wear a Dan Marion jersey in the 90's. 

I probably should have said co-workers instead of friends I can’t imagine him having many 

Edited by Putin

the best thing about Allen is not just he want to win, he hate to lose.

He is a football player who wants to win and be a champion, and not an athlete who think himself as a "brand" and is going behind the money and the fame.

look his face in yesterdar press conference. (start at 7 minute). 

a man who suffer to lose like him, is going to make anythig to get better for him and for his teamates

3 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

If he could get a running game it would only help. He’s made this huge leap in year 3 with a patchwork oline and no consistency from his rbs or oline. 
We are winning games with him throwing 40 plus times a game. That was not supposed to be the formula with Josh Allen. 

Ive never seen a qb improve as much as he has. And the ceiling keeps getting pushed higher 

We need that running game. We need it to close games. We don’t need to pound the rock to close games but a balanced offense will still help keep clock moving. Right now everyone knows we can’t run for *****, their only focus is Josh. It’s why we have trouble protecting leads. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think we are getting carried away with our expectations. Josh is already awesome. But no QB is perfect.  I'm not sure how much better you can realistically think he can become. There comes a point where other players have to step up, in particular O-line especially in run blocking.

True.  He seems to get held to a higher standard than everyone else in the league. Not just by Bills fans either. When Jackson throws an INT it's accepted as an unavoidable part of a QB's life. Every time Allen throws an INT it's the usual "shades of reckless Josh Allen creeping in again!"

It drives me crazy. He's not above criticism obviously, and I criticised him plenty yesterday. But why not just say he's having a bad game or a bad half? It always comes back to this lazy rhetoric about him being reckless or having a low completion % at Wyoming.

Interestingly it seems to work the other way for guys who are pre-determined to become superstars as soon as they're drafted. Take the Cards game, Murray was being penned in by Buffalo's D for the whole first half but instead of giving them props or saying Murray was having a tough half, the announcers kept, erm, announcing that "it's just a matter of time before this kid makes something happen". 

It's the same crap with Jackson, and I'm sure it'll be the same with Tua. It's actually kind of weird how many of these guys seem to actually dislike Allen and are either desperate for him to fail or at least a little pissed when he does well and they have to say so.

• Like (+1) 2