Still haven’t seen Allen’s potential

And he’s been great all year! On pace for 35 TDs and 11 INTs 3:1 ratio and 4,500 yards.. He still gets confused by certain packages but all in all his progress this year has been great! He’s in his 3rd year and that’s dog years for a QB.. The best is yet to come.. imagine him 4 or 5 years from now.. Best arm in the NFL and the game has really slowed down for him mentally.. Not even close to his prime yet... Wait till he masters the mental side of football and we’re likely looking at a Championship by the end of his time here.. Most gifted QB in the NFL and he still has yet to put it all together.. 

• Like (+1) 8

I think you might be right. 

As long as breaking down the game gets easier for him in the next few years hell be able to exceed himself.

Itll be easier for him to adjust plays, get the ball in the right place and manipulate defenses any way he wants.

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

I think you might be right. 

As long as breaking down the game gets easier for him in the next few years hell be able to exceed himself.

Itll be easier for him to adjust plays, get the ball in the right place and manipulate defenses any way he wants.

Many of us were waiting for a 300-400yd game... Me? I’m waiting for a 5,000 yard season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just the fact in order to slow him down takes exotic defensive schemes shows the process. I was screaming at the screen to get the ball to Beasley when the Cards were blitzing away. Best believe that Allen will learn how to further breakdown that type of defense faster

If he could get a running game it would only help. He’s made this huge leap in year 3 with a patchwork oline and no consistency from his rbs or oline. 
We are winning games with him throwing 40 plus times a game. That was not supposed to be the formula with Josh Allen. 

Ive never seen a qb improve as much as he has. And the ceiling keeps getting pushed higher 

I think we are getting carried away with our expectations. Josh is already awesome. But no QB is perfect.  I'm not sure how much better you can realistically think he can become. There comes a point where other players have to step up, in particular O-line especially in run blocking.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Just the fact in order to slow him down takes exotic defensive schemes shows the process. I was screaming at the screen to get the ball to Beasley when the Cards were blitzing away. Best believe that Allen will learn how to further breakdown that type of defense faster

Oh yeah - they were doing double a pressure and moving guys around.  His first INT was a bad decision, 2nd was probably a bad throw (held the ball a bit too).  

Hit on some screens, missed on others.  

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Give this kid actual TE's and Guards and he would really be lethal. 

I think that's what we saw the first four games of the season but then injuries and COVID started happening. For one of the games nearly the entire TE room was out due to COVID, by luck Kroft's baby was born and for others, Ford, Morse, Feliciano all have been injured at different points of the year. The Bills have not YET had their entire Offensive line on the field, with those first four games the closest with just Feliciano missing. 

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think we are getting carried away with our expectations. Josh is already awesome. But no QB is perfect.  I'm not sure how much better you can realistically think he can become. There comes a point where other players have to step up, in particular O-line especially in run blocking.

I agree.  Allen has made massive, gigantic strides since entering the league, and I'll be happy to have him quarterbacking our team for the next decade.  There's still some room for growth, but we're looking at changes on the margin compared to the development we've seen during his first three years.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately I think this is the real Josh Allen and pretty much a finished product.

It's not necessarily a bad thing but the wild inconsistency is probably going to continue with him looking like a league MVP one weak and a mess the next.

And in hindsight he's a major reason this team lost yesterday despite the late 4th quarter heroics which should have won the game in most circumstances.

I can live with that because if he has the ball late in the 4th quarter down a score I am not sure I would want anyone else in the NFL with the ball...dude shows over and over again he is ultra-clutch and should have had his 12th 4th quarter comeback and another game winning drive in his young career yesterday...

I am not sure how many other QB's could have thrown that ball like a laser to Diggs off his back foot the way he did and put it in a perfect location where only his guy could make a play, but I am pretty sure you wouldn't need all the fingers on a single hand to count them. 

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

If he could get a running game it would only help. He’s made this huge leap in year 3 with a patchwork oline and no consistency from his rbs or oline. 
We are winning games with him throwing 40 plus times a game. That was not supposed to be the formula with Josh Allen. 

Ive never seen a qb improve as much as he has. And the ceiling keeps getting pushed higher 

Part of the issue with the running game though might be personnel, they run so much 10 so it is hard for 4 WR's to block.  But yesterday it seemed the OL was just getting beat on run plays.

Just now, mattynh said:

Part of the issue with the running game though might be personnel, they run so much 10 so it is hard for 4 WR's to block.  But yesterday it seemed the OL was just getting beat on run plays.

They seem to get beat a lot on run plays...

Just put a competent defense out there and invest, invest, invest in the Offense.  

Sky is the limit for Allen.  

My biggest concern this year is John Brown.  When healthy, we have an elite WR unit.  When he's not healthy, we are far, far less dynamic.  I'm firmly in the camp of drafting a speed WR in the first round, even though I doubt we will.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately I think this is the real Josh Allen and pretty much a finished product.

It's not necessarily a bad thing but the wild inconsistency is probably going to continue with him looking like a league MVP one weak and a mess the next.

And in hindsight he's a major reason this team lost yesterday despite the late 4th quarter heroics which should have won the game in most circumstances.

Yea, totally. I haven't seen one ounce of evidence that Josh Allen has the potential for growth. And nobody ever gets better at anything in life past the age of 24. In fact, it's pretty much downhill from here on out. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2