Still haven’t seen Allen’s potential

Josh Allen has all the tools to legitimately be the GOAT one day. And I say that with a straight face. I don't know that he'll ever reach that status as it has a ton to do with overall team success and let's face it, the Bills are just a snake bitten franchise. And last Sunday was just another brutal reminder. And of course he'll need to win at least 4 and probably go to 6 just to get in that conversation. That's a tall task for any QB.

But perhaps more in reach,  we could see Allen put up a GOAT season. Perhaps be the first QB to top 6,000 total yards, 60 total TD's. When Allen is on he is on. And as others have pointed out. He just continues to get better so who is to say he won't be even better 2-3 years from now?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think we'll see another leap like we've seen from last season to this season.  We should continue to see incremental improvements in consistency, ability to read defenses and make decisions.  I expect he'll be able to play at a level for a long time.  Eventually, he'll start to lose some of his physical ability, particularly making plays with his legs, but he should have a number of years where he'll still be very mobile.  After all Aaron Rodgers is still pretty mobile.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:52 AM, dneveu said:

Oh yeah - they were doi,ng double a pressure and moving guys around.  His first INT was a bad decision, 2nd was probably a bad throw (held the ball a bit too).  

Hit on some screens, missed on others.  

That first int was very strange.  My thought is Diggs, who was doubled, took his route too far down the field and brought Peterson into Knox's route and created the chance for the pick. JT went with bad play design but it makes more sense to me that Diggs should not have been there.   Here is a real nice breakdown of it if you hadn't seen it.  This guy does some nice work.  

JT O'Sullivan QB School 

On 11/16/2020 at 8:03 AM, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately I think this is the real Josh Allen and pretty much a finished product.

It's not necessarily a bad thing but the wild inconsistency is probably going to continue with him looking like a league MVP one weak and a mess the next.

And in hindsight he's a major reason this team lost yesterday despite the late 4th quarter heroics which should have won the game in most circumstances.

IQ, when has he been a “mess” this year?

Yes, he’s had average games. Even if he’s had a bad game this year, it’s not like he’s been up and down from week to week. Most weeks he’s been good to great not inconsistent from one week to another.

I do agree with you in this though. He has had amazing games this year.

Edited by BillsFan619

On 11/16/2020 at 9:03 AM, High Football IQ said:

Unfortunately I think this is the real Josh Allen and pretty much a finished product.

It's not necessarily a bad thing but the wild inconsistency is probably going to continue with him looking like a league MVP one weak and a mess the next.

And in hindsight he's a major reason this team lost yesterday despite the late 4th quarter heroics which should have won the game in most circumstances.

More like Low Football IQ.

I think a lot of people seen the potential early on. Now people have seen he can improve on weaknesses and get himself into the MVP discussion a little. 

Now we just wait to see if he can finish strong and get himself a SB ring. With what he is showing this year I definitely see a potential for that. 

I would say we have all seen his potential, what we may not have yet seen is that potentials fruition... 

Go Bills!!!

Josh is pretty darned good at this point. He will become a smarter player as time goes on but I wouldn't look for any extraordinary progression in his play. I think he pretty much is who he is right now.

Dan Marino had his best season in his second year in the league. He still had a great career.

Look guys this is a team sport that requires balance for anyone to be consistent in this league. As a team we are not...  we lack,,

A running game outside Josh Allen

Better Guards

A Top 15 total defense that can consistently be better at stopping those third and longs that seem to kill us every game

We need to be healthier on a more regular basis. Injuries has killed us this season.

When we have the full package? and I think that starts next year.. It will show what Josh can really do,, BUT!

Josh needs to work on things for him to

Fumbles

Decision Making needs to continue to improve

Faster decisions... he has gotten better here but there's room for improvement

So the answer is did he peak? unknown.. Wont know till next year when we have the full package

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Look guys this is a team sport that requires balance for anyone to be consistent in this league. As a team we are not...  we lack,,

A running game outside Josh Allen

Better Guards

A Top 15 total defense that can consistently be better at stopping those third and longs that seem to kill us every game

We need to be healthier on a more regular basis. Injuries has killed us this season.

When we have the full package? and I think that starts next year.. It will show what Josh can really do,, BUT!

Josh needs to work on things for him to

Fumbles

Decision Making needs to continue to improve

Faster decisions... he has gotten better here but there's room for improvement

So the answer is did he peak? unknown.. Wont know till next year when we have the full package

I agree and that's what I find exciting about him as a player.  He keeps learning and we have not seen the plateau.  Before the Cards game I was thinking, "One problem Josh has is he still does a crap job throwing the ball away."  In his first year he threw the ball short of the line of scrimmage and got called for grounding.  He learned, threw the ball upfield more and it got picked.  It seemed to get in his head to the point where even this year he seemed to struggle with throwing the ball away (like stepping out of bounds and THEN throwing it away).  However, just after I had been thinking it...in that game...he threw the ball out of bounds to throw it away, threw the ball at the feet of the back in the backfield, and fired the ball 10 feet over the head and out of bounds over a receiver downfield....basically the three ways to legally throw the ball away.  He seems to always be improving on something so we just don't know yet where he will peak.

• Like (+1) 1