One thing has me feeling better about the defense going forward...

streetkings01

McDermott and Frazier seem to do a good job with a game plan for young inexperienced quarterbacks on defense. I feel good about our defense facing Tua, Herbert, Mullins and  Lock, not so confident facing Big Ben and Cam again.  I think we come out of these next 6 games at 4-2 and finish the year 11-5 and AFC East Champs. 

Our defense looked good last year facing young inexperienced QBs......it was the vets that usually lit us up.

• Like (+1) 4

All that easy stuff across the middle with Taron Johnson getting toasted every third down has stopped. 
Pass defense looks to be where it was last year. 
Love the aggressive pressure and zone blitzes we are bringing. When we crowd the A gap we are a better defense. 

Arrow up for our defense to close the year 

• Like (+1) 4

The defense has absolutely improved the last 2 weeks.  It does seem like they are figuring things out.  They're not a Top 5 defense, but they show signs of being good enough to where we don't need our offense to be on it's A game against good teams to win.  

That said, I really don't feel like complimenting the defense today.  For 8 weeks, they were one of the worst defenses in the league and they just provided Bills fans with one of the most gut-wrenching sporting event losses any of us have ever experienced.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Defensively they played a pretty good game excluding one play, (can't recall which one it was).  Think part of the issue in the 2nd half was the offensive either turned the ball over or punted consecutively on was it 4 series and the defense at that point was gassed.  The drives with all the punts were the killers.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

be nice if we can get healthy after the buy week as well.  getting milano back will be so huge for the steelers game.

I cant help but think milano couldve played through his injury but we looked at the slate of AFC games to close out the season and figured it was smarter to let him heal up...but that is a complete guess of course

3 hours ago, noacls said:

Improvement? Last 3 game average they are giving up 29 points, 253 passing yards, 154 rushing yards.  They should have lost to NE. Changes have to be made or the playoffs may be a dream. 

I dont think we can ever play the 'should have lost' card again after what happened to us last night lol a defensive linemen stripping the ball from a quarterback is much more likely than that ridiculous hail mary 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Or this...

Over the last 4 games (Weeks 7-10) - the #Bills lead the NFL with 16 sacks, t-2nd with 5 interceptions and t-2nd with 5 forced fumbles

Per maddy.  

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Despite allowing 400+ yards and 30+ points per game the last few weeks, the Bills are actually among the top of the league in key metrics which is an encouraging sign heading forward:

Sorry missed you posted this already. 

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

The defense has absolutely improved the last 2 weeks.  It does seem like they are figuring things out.  They're not a Top 5 defense, but they show signs of being good enough to where we don't need our offense to be on it's A game against good teams to win.  

That said, I really don't feel like complimenting the defense today.  For 8 weeks, they were one of the worst defenses in the league and they just provided Bills fans with one of the most gut-wrenching sporting event losses any of us have ever experienced.

Giving up 66 points over the last 2 weeks hardly screams "improving Defense"?  Maybe if we shut someone out in the 3rd quarter I'll get excited. 

11 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Defensively they played a pretty good game excluding one play, (can't recall which one it was).  Think part of the issue in the 2nd half was the offensive either turned the ball over or punted consecutively on was it 4 series and the defense at that point was gassed.  The drives with all the punts were the killers.

DEFENSE PLAYED "a pretty good game"????  They couldn't stop the run at all - -no toughness in the middle of the line. 

On 11/16/2020 at 9:12 PM, LB48 said:

DEFENSE PLAYED "a pretty good game"????  They couldn't stop the run at all - -no toughness in the middle of the line. 

As I said, thought they played well until mid way thru the 3rd quarter or so when the offense had believe it was 3 straight 3 and out drives, plus throw an int in there too.  After that they were gassed.  Thought I say half time stats where Az running backs had a bout 60 yards and Murrey 19 yards.  I'll take that against the Az offense.

Playing against Murrey is like trying to run on black ice.  You have to move very slowly or else you miss and that makes it rather tough overall to stop the run particularly when gassed.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, streetkings01 said:

McDermott and Frazier seem to do a good job with a game plan for young inexperienced quarterbacks on defense. I feel good about our defense facing Tua, Herbert, Mullins and  Lock, not so confident facing Big Ben and Cam again.  I think we come out of these next 6 games at 4-2 and finish the year 11-5 and AFC East Champs. 

Our defense looked good last year facing young inexperienced QBs......it was the vets that usually lit us up.

Like Kyler Murray? 

I think there’s no doubt that a healthy Matt Milano will help the defense.

The concern many of us have is the defensive line - in particular the middle of the d-line.  It seems like there aren’t any good players who can play 1 technique DT.

- Vernon Butler is probably the best option but he hasn’t played great and has struggled to stay healthy.

- Quentin Jefferson is better suited for DE

- Harrison Phillips hasn’t been good

- Justin Zimmer is probably better at 3 technique 

Until we find someone who can give us competent play next to Ed Oliver, I can’t see this team improving drastically against the run