This wouldnt hurt as much if the Fins werent a game back

Ramza86

33 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

You telling me what to feel bro?

I live in Miami. Its Tua time down here.

That right there HAS to be unbearable!  At least I have 3 hours separating me from that madness - BUT I gotta put up with TB12 madness on my side of the state!  They all be screaming SB again today....funny how that beatdown last week got forgotten so quickly......

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

We're a game ahead of Miami, we have a bunch of ways to secure the tie-breaker over Miami, and we have another opportunity to beat Miami.  Also, the Bills are a significantly better team than Miami.  Stranger things have happened of course, but Miami isn't going to catch up to us if we take care of business.

Half game, but yea.

50 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

We can worry about stuff like this, the Bills however need to worry about limiting mistakes. Yesterday was nothing more than a fluke. Funny thing is if Poyer comes down with a pick in the red zone, game goes to OT. We should have Milano back healthy by the end of the bye and hopefully Brown is a bit more healed up as well

we got a pretty "flukey" play in our favor on that play where Fitz threw the ball right to us, lol.

The plays are the plays.

• Like (+1) 1

7-3 feels about right for how we've played this year.  IMO, that's an accurate record for our play on the field, against a tough schedule.  We're a good football team, and getting better as the season goes on.  

If the Dolphins win on our bye week, 7-3 does not seem indicative of who they are.  Winning on ST's returns for TD, defensive scores and a passing offense averaging under 200 yards per game with Tua, should level out at some point... right?... right!??

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Ball is still in Buffalo’s  court.  If they blow it they only have themselves to blame.  Can’t sit there and worry about Miami when we control the outcome of the division.  

While it is true that Buffalo controls their own destiny, so does Miami.  If Miami wins next Sunday then we are tied at 7-3 with the tiebreaker going to the Bills.  If both teams win out through week 16 (or have the same number of losses) then the week 17 winner takes the division.  While I like our chances - especially against Miami in Buffalo - that’s the math of it. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool you know what else is possible.  Mia playing the rest of the season and Not winning another game

Sure, it’s possible, but my scenario is much more likely and worth actually discussing considering they’ll be the favorite in every game minus KC and probably buffalo. 

This division is 💯 up for grabs, with Buffalo and Miami being the likely winner.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Sure, it’s possible, but my scenario is much more likely and worth actually discussing considering they’ll be the favorite in every game minus KC and probably buffalo. 

This division is 💯 up for grabs, with Buffalo and Miami being the likely winner.  

They will drop 3.  Miami will have 6 losses before the Bills game

23 minutes ago, McGahee said:

we got a pretty "flukey" play in our favor on that play where Fitz threw the ball right to us, lol.

The plays are the plays.

That was a terrible pass.  Terrible passes often get intercepted

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They will drop 3.  Miami will have 6 losses before the Bills game

Hope your right. Hopefully we have less than that and a win vs the pats.  One thing I know, I don’t know how many wins or losses teams will have 7 weeks from now

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

We can worry about stuff like this, the Bills however need to worry about limiting mistakes. Yesterday was nothing more than a fluke. Funny thing is if Poyer comes down with a pick in the red zone, game goes to OT. We should have Milano back healthy by the end of the bye and hopefully Brown is a bit more healed up as well

Que?

It does keep the pressure on for sure.  Miami has three games coming up that are very winnable for them: Denver Broncos, Jets and Cincinnati Bengals.  Buffalo has a bye and two winnable games: LA Chargers and San Francisco 49ers.  San Francisco is well coached and will play Buffalo tough, but they been decimated by injury.  In three weeks, it's possible that both teams are 9-3.  Then Buffalo finishes out with a tough game versus Pittsburgh, a winnable game at Denver, at New England and home versus Miami.  Miami actually has a little tougher home stretch with a home game versus the Chiefs and at Vegas against an improving Raiders team.  The Patriots are a common opponent, and then we face each other in the season finale.  I think the advantage still belongs to Buffalo, but if Buffalo falters, there is not a lot of room for error.  

Best case, I could see Buffalo finishing 5-1.  I could also see Buffalo losing against any of the remaining teams besides Denver.  I could see Miami winning up to 4 of their remaining games to end up at 10-6.

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

It does keep the pressure on for sure.  Miami has three games coming up that are very winnable for them: Denver Broncos, Jets and Cincinnati Bengals.  Buffalo has a bye and two winnable games: LA Chargers and San Francisco 49ers.  San Francisco is well coached and will play Buffalo tough, but they been decimated by injury.  In three weeks, it's possible that both teams are 9-3.  Then Buffalo finishes out with a tough game versus Pittsburgh, a winnable game at Denver, at New England and home versus Miami.  Miami actually has a little tougher home stretch with a home game versus the Chiefs and at Vegas against an improving Raiders team.  The Patriots are a common opponent, and then we face each other in the season finale.  I think the advantage still belongs to Buffalo, but if Buffalo falters, there is not a lot of room for error.  

Best case, I could see Buffalo finishing 5-1.  I could also see Buffalo losing against any of the remaining teams besides Denver.  I could see Miami winning up to 4 of their remaining games to end up at 10-6.

Anything can happen in any game but I can't see them losing to the Chargers at home. I think they will rebound in a big way and beat a bad Chargers team.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Good summary.

I would have LOVED to win yesterday and coast to a division title without too much worry.

But in a way, this is more fun, and it will feel much more 'earned.'  It's really been since the '90's where we were in the driver's seat at this point, and in a tough fight for the division title. That's basically all I've ever wanted for this team at this point in the season.

And if it does come down to that 2nd Miami game, what a blast.  I'll be lucky if I'm even close to sober by kickoff.

4 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Miami's schedule is polarizing from this quarter to the next: chargers, broncos, jets, and bengals - followed by chiefs, patriots, raiders, and us. Everyone can ride the dolphin **** for this month by all means, but the real games for them will be in December, where I anticipate us to be in control by Week 17. 

I feel like if buffalo plays miami for the division week 17 - buffalo will win.  

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I will actually think MIA has a legit shot IF.  They can beat the Patriots. Until that happens I am not even thinking about them.  Lets see Tua go up against BB and his 19-5 record against Rookie QBs

I'm still thinking the jets beat them in NY.  Somehow football just has those stories that just kinda work out.  Miami's rolling.  Adam gase comes in and just screws it all up for miami one last time.

Edited by dneveu

6 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

You telling me what to feel bro?

I live in Miami. Its Tua time down here.

As Stevie Johnson would say...

...Why so serious...

Being a bama fan I now have to hate my all time favorite college QB.

He's already starting to smell kinda sinister...

Like a spoiled can of Tua fish...

...hate it when that happens...

Edited by Figster

7 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Guys, Miami is living the good fortune train right now. Yes they're better than the recent past. But, keep in mind that they're not as good as their record. They have produced a grant total of 737 yards winning the 3 Tua starts (170 yards pass/game). In that time, they've scored on a Pun Ret and 2 Fumbles. The defense has given up just shy of 400 yards a game during the stretch. Scoring 91 pts on 737 yards is in no way sustainable, they will have some clunkers along the way.

I agree, but I would be scared of that D. They are very good and much further along than I thought Flores would be able to get them.  

this year is the Bills chance to dominate the East. Now next year with a ton of cap space still and 2 first round picks (one could be top 5) they will fill most holes and be a force in the East next year. 

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree, but I would be scared of that D. They are very good and much further along than I thought Flores would be able to get them.  

this year is the Bills chance to dominate the East. Now next year with a ton of cap space still and 2 first round picks (one could be top 5) they will fill most holes and be a force in the East next year. 

Ultimately it comes down to the QB. If Tua is the real deal they will be good for a long time. If not, they won't.

Luckily the Bills found their long-term answer at QB. We'll see if Miami did too.