Tight End Position

chef4131

we really lack talent at the TE and RB positions.  one guy at each of those who can make meaningful plays would transform this O, and possibly have us up 1 or 2 in the win column this season.

i really wanted that TE who left TB for big money this offseason.  we coulda ditched some of the scrubs we signed on D to afford him, maybe cut kroft.

Given all the love for Knox and what he said he's worked on over the off season i'm pretty disappointed with his hands he's been in position to make some plays that could really help the team and when given the chance he just doesn't come through but then there are those plays where he does make the catch's he needs to but he needs to do something or they need to look else where .

Maybe bring Tommy Sweeney in & let Knox warm the bench maybe that will get him motivated ...

The downside of having such a tight, family oriented team is that its hard to let people go who you love, even when they are dragging your team down.

Thats compounded by the fact that we traded up to get Knox, so Beane has a significant draft capital investment in him.

Two stupid penalties yesterday on limited snaps. One was a boneheaded block in the back that cost us 21 yards and josh threw a pick on the next play.

When people say Gee isn't it amazing Knox only caught a dozen passes in his entire college career and never even scored a single TD?  I say no, its not amazing, its perfectly understandable.

This guy is a disaster out there.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

The downside of having such a tight, family oriented team is that its hard to let people go who you love, even when they are dragging your team down.

Thats compounded by the fact that we traded up to get Knox, so Beane has a significant draft capital investment in him.

Two stupid penalties yesterday on limited snaps. One was a boneheaded block in the back that cost us 21 yards and josh threw a pick on the next play.

When people say Gee isn't it amazing Knox only caught a dozen passes in his entire college career and never even scored a single TD?  I say no, its not amazing, its perfectly understandable.

Well spoken Webster.  Knox is not an NFL player.  Has no idea how to play the position.  Can't block, can't catch and has trouble lining up before the snap.  Wth is with this guy.  Some guys are not great athletes, (like Kroft)  but they understand the position to not be a complete liability.  Knox is dead weight and nothing more.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

He just needs to be smarter. I’m still in his corner. The ability is there. He can take a one yard pass and get a first down. Not a lot of tight ends can do that. 

I don’t want to give up on his ability with the ball in his hands. 

Sorry because I also had high hopes for him this year but I have to call it like I see it and right now Knox is one of the worst starting TEs in the league and I don't believe it's that close. It's a position filled with ridiculous athletes...his ability is no better than average and his actual play is just bad. If we can bench Phillips we can bench Knox imo. 

It's not just the drops or penalties or missed blocks which in their own right would be enough to lose your job, it's not knowing the blocking assignments or playcall or snap count which he has fallen victim to as well. Those are simply the product of a lack of focus which is really inexcusable for a borderline-at-best NFL player. 

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Knox had 51 snaps yesterday.  Kroft isn't great but he's an upgrade over Knox.

• Like (+1) 1