Dropped screen pass

Jerboski

50 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

We’ll see. Coming out of the bye we should finally have our starting oline together for the first time all season.

RT - Williams 

RG - Ford

C - Morse

LG - Feliciano 

LT - Dawkins 

Indeed and hopefully that helps. At the moment though in every game except the Patriots hand offs have just felt like "get your breath back plays" and a waste of a down before we get back to trying to move the ball and score.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As I recall, the pass could have been a little better— it was too far out in front of him. 

Singletary has a poor feel for the pass game and possibly some doubt in his own hands.

He slowed down,  perhaps hoping to focus on catching the ball,   then had to lunge for the pass.

Allen was leading him where he was supposed to be.......behind his blockers.......he has to move fluidly to the point and catch that ball with his hands out in front of his body to carry him to his blocking.

If Allen puts that pass between his numbers there is a defender bearing down inside who has a chance to make the tackle.........a defender who was otherwise blocked out of the play.

Something similar happened in the Chiefs game and resulted in an egregious over throw.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Singletary has a poor feel for the pass game and possibly some doubt in his own hands.

He slowed down,  perhaps hoping to focus on catching the ball,   then had to lunge for the pass.

Allen was leading him where he was supposed to be.......behind his blockers.......he has to move fluidly to the point and catch that ball with his hands out in front of his body to carry him to his blocking.

If Allen puts that pass between his numbers there is a defender bearing down inside who has a chance to make the tackle.........a defender who was otherwise blocked out of the play.

Something similar happened in the Chiefs game and resulted in an egregious over throw.

I saw that too.

The oft-neglected sequel to expecting a QB to throw with anticipation - is that the receivers have to run the route exactly as the QB expects.  Exactly as they do in practice.

I think we have good coaching in the WR room.  I sometimes wonder how our RBs and TEs are being coached, though I will admit I am prejudiced against Rob Boras.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Would rather see Yeldon and Moss as the RB’s

This.  I like Moss, but Singletary just doesn't do it for me.  He might be good in a offense that has great run blocking where he can get into space, but in our offense, we need a RB who can get 2-3 yards when nothing is there and is reliable in the passing game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Who's are the top RBs coming out in the draft next year? I feel like getting one of them would complete our offense, with maybe the exception of a game changing TE

We need a RB with some break away speed.  With our receivers we can get away with having an average TE, we need a dynamic do it all RB and move Singletary into the emergency/injury RB role with Moss as the #2/short yardage guy.  Imagine this offense with a Dalvin Cook or Nick Chubb type back.......unstoppable.

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Singletary is pissing me off. More drops and easily tackled. Moss should be officially RB1. Not impressed anymore by rebuilt motor.

What has Moss done any better than Singletary this year? Except get into the end zone.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

We ran for almost 200 yards against the Pats.......if we commit to it we definitely can run. We just don’t commit to it or even attempt to establish it.

And as a result we are scoring way more points this year and have a 7-3 record.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Pats spent most most of the game with 8 defensive backs out there. They were begging us to run the same way we begged Kansas City to. That game is not indicative of anything in the run game. We won't face another D like that all year.

We might see that D week 16 when we play New England again.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:59 AM, dneveu said:

Need to get better at blocking.  Several runs for negative yards in that one, and a couple where they should've lost yards but got back to the LOS.  

To me?  They kept lining up 7 guys on the LOS  and running cover 0 and cover 1.  Their run blitzes from the outside were working and our line couldn't figure out who was doing what.  So the run blitzes worked, they'd bring a guy off the edge and nobody would block him.  The outside zone plays were losing on the backside - we have linemen up field but their defense is already tackling our back behind the LOS.  

The whole 3rd quarter we kept running into that look and it legit never worked.  Maybe a burner speed back helps there?  But honestly just - tossing it out into the boundary might have worked better to getting our guys out there faster and muddy up that LOS a bit better.

Blocking has not been good at all. Hopefully Morse comes back and we can slide Feliciano back to guard. It seems Cody Ford just doesn’t have the feet/speed to pull or get on the edge- mildly disappointed but he is year 2 so not ready to throw in the towel on him.

back to the backs- we need a back with more burst that can throttle to the second gear for a home run. We have to take some pressure off Allen.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:17 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Singletary is pissing me off. More drops and easily tackled. Moss should be officially RB1. Not impressed anymore by rebuilt motor.

Tbh, neither is RB1 material...look around the league...both of our running backs are EXTREMELY mediocre...what’s most frustrating is that we probably wasted two 3rd round picks on the type of talent we could’ve gotten near the bottom of the draft imo...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1