Dropped screen pass

Jerboski

43 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Brian Winters is a liability on the offensive line. Boettger/Bates>Winters. TJ Yeldon is a mystery to me as well. Former starting RB at Bama and Jags with production at both places. McDermott's player analysis is puzzling to me

Agree on Winters. I am not as big of a fan of Yeldon but he does hit the hole faster than the other two and behind a line that doesn't make that many holes he may be a better fit. Certainly worth a try at this stage.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

RBs are a dime-a-dozen, right? You just plug any late round back in and we’re good, right?

That’s actually true, which makes it all the more maddening that Beane has used two third round picks on the position and we still don’t have a good one. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s actually true, which makes it all the more maddening that Beane has used two third round picks on the position and we still don’t have a good one. 

Harrison Phillips

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

Third round has not been a productive round for Beane so far. One guy who isn't even dressing, two running backs who lack pop and a tight end who at this point is far from certain to even make year 3 on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Harrison Phillips

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

Third round has not been a productive round for Beane so far. One guy who isn't even dressing, two running backs who lack pop and a tight end who at this point is far from certain to even make year 3 on the roster.

Just like the 3rd quarters

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Harrison Phillips

Devin Singletary

Dawson Knox

Zack Moss

Neither has the second round....or the first, really, other than one pick...

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We don't run because we can't run, and because we can't run, we don't run.

It isn't all Singletary - although his lack of first step burst was there on his college tape IMO - and it isn't all on Moss. Some of it is the run blocking which has been brutal especially to the right hand side.

We ran for almost 200 yards against the Pats.......if we commit to it we definitely can run. We just don’t commit to it or even attempt to establish it.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

We ran for almost 200 yards against the Pats.......if we commit to it we definitely can run. We just don’t commit to it or even attempt to establish it.

The Pats spent most most of the game with 8 defensive backs out there. They were begging us to run the same way we begged Kansas City to. That game is not indicative of anything in the run game. We won't face another D like that all year.

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Pats spent most most of the game with 8 defensive backs out there. They were begging us to run the same way we begged Kansas City to. That game is not indicative of anything in the run game. We won't face another D like that all year.

We’ll be spending most of the year seeing a ton of dime and nickle looks. We can run out of the spread look, we just don’t commit to it.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As I recall, the pass could have been a little better— it was too far out in front of him. 

The pass was right where it should have been.

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

We don't have a run game cuz we don't run the football 🏈.

11 handoffs today.

We probably would have done better is they decreased that to 4.

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Singletary is pissing me off. More drops and easily tackled. Moss should be officially RB1. Not impressed anymore by rebuilt motor.

I'm not impressed with either one as 3 down back. We need some speed out there and/or our online needs to improve it's run blocking.

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Singletary is pissing me off. More drops and easily tackled. Moss should be officially RB1. Not impressed anymore by rebuilt motor.

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

Motor has been incredibly disappointing. Every week I give him the benefit of the doubt and he just hasn't really shown up yet.

Not certain is it really him or is it the blocking just hasn't been very good?  Moss has done better, but not great either.

As far as I know there weren't any major injuries yesterday, so maybe the next game all five starters will actually play.  Then the question will be for how long do all five last?

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Devin has not been playing well at all. He loses focus easily throughout the game and he just doesn’t have that second gear- we have to get better at the RB position all our RBs are solid 2s.

Need to get better at blocking.  Several runs for negative yards in that one, and a couple where they should've lost yards but got back to the LOS.  

To me?  They kept lining up 7 guys on the LOS  and running cover 0 and cover 1.  Their run blitzes from the outside were working and our line couldn't figure out who was doing what.  So the run blitzes worked, they'd bring a guy off the edge and nobody would block him.  The outside zone plays were losing on the backside - we have linemen up field but their defense is already tackling our back behind the LOS.  

The whole 3rd quarter we kept running into that look and it legit never worked.  Maybe a burner speed back helps there?  But honestly just - tossing it out into the boundary might have worked better to getting our guys out there faster and muddy up that LOS a bit better.