For those going after our defensive backs...

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Youd think theyd have some kind of plan for Hopkins there like that...they couldve covered him with 6 dbs there and he still makes that catch lol I wonder if Josh could track a long pass like that its pretty difficult to do and time your jump properly...I'll never forget gronk missing a huge tackle on a last second kick return against thr dolphins that cost the pats the game so that kind of stuff makes me nervous lol im sure Bill had the same thought process as what were talking about

I mean ***** happens and it comes with risks. If you are  sending 1 d lineman, I don’t see how having Josh Allen camping in the end zone is a liability risk when all of your starting defensive backs are still on the field. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I just watched it frame by frame, Whites hand was between Hopkins, don't think Proyer knocked it out as much as the issue more was that White was falling down so his arm was falling away from between Hopkins arms.  As Hopkins brought the ball down White's arm was no longer there and since he was falling away, had little leverage to knock it away.

If White had gone up 1/4 second later may have made a big difference.  Or better yet have a DB that's about 4 inches taller.  Basically IMO Hopkins just out leaped the 3 Bills players.

I think White tried to do that but as I said he was falling away so no leverage and as everyone came back down to earth the arm was gone.

Yeah, there have been big WRs for years, yet most of the DBs end up being 5-10 to 6 feet.  Why doesn’t a team take a big WR and develop him as a CB?

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Our defense actually had a great game against one of the best offenses in the league right now. It ***** hurts right now because they couldn't close it out but they made some stands there at the end to give the offense it's shot to get the lead at all.

They were given a 14 point lead to protect halfway through the 3rd Q.

Before the end of the same Q, they gave up 17 points and the lead.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo had 3 guys covering Hopkins,  which seems adequate,  the problem to me was each defender may have been expecting the "other guy" to make the play.  Kind of like baseball when 3 players converge on a harmless looking fly that nobody takes charge of and the ball drops in for a hit.  Poyer seemed to come flying in late and looked more concerned about taking out White than knocking the ball down.  4-2 over the final six games is a reasonable expectation.  Go Bills!!!

11 hours ago, Process said:

Defense was not the problem. The Cardinals hit a 1/1000 play at the end. 

Coaching and offense were terrible. Hopefully that doesn't get lost with the dramatic ending. Because it needs to get better. 

REFS were terrible calling ticky tacky penalties on Buff and not calling the same penalties on the cards. I’m sorry. You can blame this lose on the refs. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They were given a 14 point lead to protect halfway through the 3rd Q.

Before the end of the same Q, they gave up 17 points and the lead.

True, but they were also the reason we had that lead with a forced fumble and holding the Cards down in the first half.  The offense looked like a confused mess for most of the second half - and in the 3rd quarter (shocking, I know) basically just kept handing the Cardinals the ball back.  Our defense was eventually going to give up some points.  

None of that excuses the abomination that is the "Miracle Murray" drive, but I don't think it's fair to say the offense "gave" them  a 14 point lead, given how the offense played as a whole, up  until our final drive.  The offense scored 2 TD's all game on drives, converted a fumble in Cards territory for a TD and then relied on Bass to kick 3- 50+ G's.  The offense also fell apart in the second half, Allen threw 2 picks and Bojo had a 12 yard punt.

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

True, but they were also the reason we had that lead with a forced fumble and holding the Cards down in the first half.  The offense looked like a confused mess for most of the second half - and in the 3rd quarter (shocking, I know) basically just kept handing the Cardinals the ball back.  Our defense was eventually going to give up some points.  

None of that excuses the abomination that is the "Miracle Murray" drive, but I don't think it's fair to say the offense gave them  a 14 point lead, given how the offense played as a whole, up  until our final drive.

Bills O increased their lead in the 3rd Q---giving the D  a 2 TD cushion to defend....and they gave up 17 quick points.   

The eventuality of this D giving up big second half leads/points is more of an inevitability.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bills O increased their lead in the 3rd Q---giving the D  a 2 TD cushion to defend....and they gave up 17 quick points.   

The eventuality of this D giving up big second half leads/points is more of an inevitability.

Things definitely started to snowball immediately after we went up 14.  Dane Jackson went down and then all hell broke loose.  

Our offense had it's predictable 3rd Quarter swoon.  Allen threw a couple picks giving them shorter fields and Bojo shanked one.  

In this league, against top offenses (we are one and so is AZ), you have to score 30+ to win.  We both did.  We made the game winning play...until they made the game winning play.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Agreed, but the fact that we can’t run the ball contributes to blowing 2nd half leads.  We are not a solid football team right now.  Josh and our passing game and yesterday Bass are masking that.  

12 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

hopkins might be the number 1 wideout in the NFL. what is most frustrating is that he has no business being in AZ. O'Brien gave him away and should have been fired the night that trade was made. 

Well then it is a good thing he is in AZ and we will not see him next 3 years, unless... you know what.

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Things definitely started to snowball immediately after we went up 14.  Dane Jackson went down and then all hell broke loose.  

Our offense had it's predictable 3rd Quarter swoon.  Allen threw a couple picks giving them shorter fields and Bojo shanked one.  

In this league, against top offenses (we are one and so is AZ), you have to score 30+ to win.  We both did.  We made the game winning play...until they made the game winning play.

There's a reason Allen is a leader in 4th Q comebacks.

This wasn't a shootout.  The Bills had a solid lead midway through the 3rd Q.  Daboll shouldn't have to bake a D collapse into his gameplan so often.  D has to get off the field. 

39 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Agreed, but the fact that we can’t don't run the ball contributes to blowing 2nd half leads.  We are not a solid football team right now.  Josh and our passing game and yesterday Bass are masking that.  

Fixed that.  After the Bills went up by 2 TDs in the 3rd Q, RBs ran the ball 5 more times the rest of the game.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's a reason Allen is a leader in 4th Q comebacks.

This wasn't a shootout.  The Bills had a solid lead midway through the 3rd Q.  Daboll shouldn't have to bake a D collapse into his gameplan so often.  D has to get off the field. 

Fixed that.  After the Bills went up by 2 TDs in the 3rd Q, RBs ran the ball 5 more times the rest of the game.

They don’t run because they can’t run. That NE game was a mirage. The Bills’ running game is awful.