For those going after our defensive backs...

Virgil

54 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Our defense actually had a great game against one of the best offenses in the league right now. It ***** hurts right now because they couldn't close it out but they made some stands there at the end to give the offense it's shot to get the lead at all.

Agreed 100%.  This is the second game in a row where our defense actually played extremely well even though it doesn't look like it in the stat sheet, and of course all of us will remember the last play for the rest of our lives, so there's also the availability heuristic at work.  This loss goes to Arizona for a sensational (if flukey) play at the end, then to our offense for not scoring enough quite enough points.  The defense played well enough to get us the win.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He just might have a better vertical if he weren’t battling an ankle injury all week

Then as a coach, why wouldn’t you put someone in the end zone with height that can jump full knowing a Hail Mary is coming. It’s inexcusable. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Process said:

Defense was not the problem. The Cardinals hit a 1/1000 play at the end. 

Coaching and offense were terrible. Hopefully that doesn't get lost with the dramatic ending. Because it needs to get better. 

We scored 30 and McDermott was aggressive for first time ever...which is a good thing. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Then as a coach, why wouldn’t you put someone in the end zone and height that can jump full knowing a Hail Mary is coming. It’s inexcusable. 

Again.  Watch dolphins at pats last year.  With 11 seconds left you aren't expecting hail Mary yet. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Aggressive???

Not playing for tie.   Not trying to run the game out.    Calling timeouts at end of half to get the ball back.  Rushing 4 and not just dropping everyone back and we actually got pressure.  

Aggressive.  

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Our defense actually had a great game against one of the best offenses in the league right now. It ***** hurts right now because they couldn't close it out but they made some stands there at the end to give the offense it's shot to get the lead at all.

Yup.

And it does indeed hurt.

Have you guys that are blaming White actually watched what happened? He was in perfect position, jumped at the right time and Poyer came in late and hit White out of the way. 

I’m not blaming Poyer, as a defender you need to be aggressive in that situation. But the way it happened, Hopkins would not have caught the ball if White was not knocked sideways by Poyer.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Process said:

Defense was not the problem. The Cardinals hit a 1/1000 play at the end. 

Coaching and offense were terrible. Hopefully that doesn't get lost with the dramatic ending. Because it needs to get better. 

11 yard punt didn't help either.. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

It was a weak ass jump by White.  It’s not like Hopkins is some kind of athletic freak who out-jumps guys for balls.  Hopkins has great hands.  The fact that White let Hopkins get 2 hands on the ball was pathetic.  Terrible play by White.  

Hopkins has a 5 inch higher vertical than white according to combine stats and probably the biggest hands in the history of hands and the wingspan of a 7 foot tall dude...he was literally built in a lab for the sole purpose of outjumping guys for balls 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Then as a coach, why wouldn’t you put someone in the end zone with height that can jump full knowing a Hail Mary is coming. It’s inexcusable. 

I just think we don't have anyone tall enough for that...I was debating someone on here about the size difference between white and Hopkins in another thread but it is a massive mismatch when you factor in their verticals and Hopkins' wingspan...i don't think we have receivers tall enough that couldve made a difference do we? we needed to jostle him around on his way up which rarely gets called as pi on the final play so we get away with it likely or get to Murray before he threw the ball 

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Hopkins has a 5 inch higher vertical than white according to combine stats and probably the biggest hands in the history of hands and the wingspan of a 7 foot tall dude...he was literally built in a lab for the sole purpose of outjumping guys for balls 🤣🤣

I just think we don't have anyone tall enough for that...I was debating someone on here about the size difference between white and Hopkins in another thread but it is a massive mismatch when you factor in their verticals and Hopkins' wingspan...i don't think we have receivers tall enough that couldve made a difference do we? we needed to jostle him around on his way up which rarely gets called as pi on the final play so we get away with it likely or get to Murray before he threw the ball 

Allen is literally one of the tallest guys we have that can jump. I’m probably in the rare majority here, but he would have gotten the nod from me if he wanted it. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Allen is literally one of the tallest guys we have that can jump. I’m probably in the rare majority here, but he would have gotten the nod from me if he wanted it. 

Looking back on it and seeing what didn't work that certainly seems like an option...hes still behind a healthy margin in vertical and wingspan but im sure he wouldve at least bodied Hopkins a little bit 🤣 it doesn't even sound possible but if you factor in the jump and everything else Hopkins has like a 10 inch advantage over white even though white is only a few inches shorter.  I cant think of anyone else besides Josh that wouldve even had a chance and I dont think they'd let their qb in there 

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Looking back on it and seeing what didn't work that certainly seems like an option...hes still behind a healthy margin in vertical and wingspan but im sure he wouldve at least bodied Hopkins a little bit 🤣 it doesn't even sound possible but if you factor in the jump and everything else Hopkins has like a 10 inch advantage over white even though white is only a few inches shorter.  I cant think of anyone else besides Josh that wouldve even had a chance and I dont think they'd let their qb in there 

I mean it’s totally worth it in my opinion. We either send the house with a pass rush or pull everyone back. Having all your CBs on the field plus Allen and a tall TE/WR on the field is literally no risk other than injury. Nothing worse than being an athletic QB who just led the team to a lead only to lose to a hailmary. As a coach, I’m giving a tall QB a shot 99% of the time. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean it’s totally worth it in my opinion. We either send the house with a pass rush or pull everyone back. Having all your CBs on the field plus Allen and a tall TE/WR on the field is literally no risk other than injury. Nothing worse than being an athletic QB who just let the team to a lead only to lose to a hailmary. As a coach, I’m giving a tall QB a shot 99% of the time. 

Youd think theyd have some kind of plan for Hopkins there like that...they couldve covered him with 6 dbs there and he still makes that catch lol I wonder if Josh could track a long pass like that its pretty difficult to do and time your jump properly...I'll never forget gronk missing a huge tackle on a last second kick return against thr dolphins that cost the pats the game so that kind of stuff makes me nervous lol im sure Bill had the same thought process as what were talking about