Tre’Davious White 2020 Season

wppete

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

He’s really good, but in a league where defense is about making plays, I fear he doesn’t have enough of that in him.  

Last weeks play where he picked off Wilson is what I’m talking about...but that’s all I’ve got from him all season.  

He may do enough to warrant the contract by being such a good cover corner, but his play making ability is lacking.  

Jalen Ramsey doesn’t allow that Hopkins catch.  

Ramsey has been smoked often. That is the reality. Tre locks down his side of the field. Does it every Sunday with a bad back, bad ankle and bad knee. 

32 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Agent and him profited off the crap QBs we played last year.  Beane should have looked ahead to this years schedule.  Not sure White is a top 15 CB in the league.

Then I don’t know what you are watching, I am guessing it isn’t an All-22 

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Didn't say that I've seen hundreds completed.

I have been watching football for over 30 years you know.

And for everyone that thinks we are cursed, this is not the first time someone has lost due to a Hail Mary.

I've been watching for 50.  Since 1975 there have been 50 of these passes attempted in the NFL.  In NCAA under 50 have been completed since 1980.

Last week Tre got beat up early by DKM.  Looked to be a bad game for him.  Then ends it with a pick and a fumble recovery.  So how bad can he be?

I saw this somewhere else, maybe for a jump ball Tre Edmunds with his size should have been back there.  IDK this loss hurts

Let me correct those who say White takes away 1/2 the field...or even a 1/3 of the field.  On most passing plays there are 4 or 5 guys running pass patterns, and unless White has some super powers, he is not cabable of covering more than 1 player per play. 

I don’t know how that equals him taking away 1/2 the field.  

17 hours ago, MJS said:

Nope. QB's are only throwing his way like once or twice a game. He is being respected.

And the hail mary was not embarrassing. It was an amazing catch by a premier player.

Yeah, I don’t get the hate. In the last minute of play, our best WR beat their best all-pro CB, then their all-pro WR beat our best CB. Two of the best players on the field made awesome plays, as did their respective QBs. 

• Like (+1) 2

People tend to say CB's get "burned" anytime they give up a catch, but it's not a proper use of that term.

CB's are burned when the WR is clearly open, and they didn't play it well.  There are quite a few times in the course of an NFL season when a CB plays it perfectly - but there is no defense against a perfect throw and catch.  It's like Daniel's winning kick in Karate Kid.

That was the hail mary yesterday.  I've watched that more than I ever want to again in my life, and there is nothing Tre could have done. He played it was well as he could have.

17 hours ago, QB Bills said:

If he jumped and reached with one hand, he'd have knocked it away easily. For some reason, he tried to catch it. Just an absurdly stupid play by him. 

A pick ends the game. a knock down gives them another shot. He had the position. Just didn't make the play. I like that he went for the pick. To many times i see a DB in position and just knock it down when they could have easily got two hands up and changed the possession. That was a 1% chance outcome that happened on that play. It hurts, but have to move on. Cant hang heads on a miracle crap shoot play. Hopkins had magnets on his hands and prob still plucks that if white goes up with one hand, and then we are all here saying why didnt he get two hands on that!!

17 hours ago, wppete said:

Was just talking to some buddies about how Tre’Davious White looks like a different player this year after getting payed. He hasn’t looked impressive this year compared to last year... That hail mail play today was embarrassing... Anyone else think he looks off this year? 

Come on people.  This is such an absurd whiny narrative to call an ELITE player making an incredible play embarrassing.  And honestly, Poyer and Tre collided just enough to shift Tre out just enough for Hopkins to be the only one to reach the ball. 

They could throw this play 200 times and it may only complete once.  It happens.  The over reaction on this board after a loss is still mind blowing.  Did it suck sure...but the guys on the other team are paid a lot of money to also make plays.  No one is perfect every game, the opponents are going to make plays too. 

But if you read this board you would assume that posters here think Tre can never give up a single pass or Josh can never make an errant throw.  Russel Wilson, widely seen as the best or 2nd best QB in the league right now by just about everyone, threw picks against us and again this week in defeats.  Brady had an awful game against the Saints...cant even imagine if Josh ever has a game like that what this board would do.  Probably say its time to draft another QB.  

After Tenn and KC games and this board was ready to fire Beane and McD earlier this year.  After Seattle game they are great again.  After a fluke play people are back to they are the problem again.  The amount of bipolar disorder around here is just crazy 

Our whole defense has been struggling.  We had a lot of new players come in with no preseason, no time to get them to gel.  We lost Star to COVID opt out greatly hurting the interior DL.  We have a plethora of injuries or covid issues in our secondary.  Our top 2 LB's have been hurt, playing hurt or out several games.  Its not that Tre "got paid", its that the unit has to deal with a lot of turnover and isn't as efficient as they were last year.  

Also, people forget one MAJOR thing.  We can not run the ball anymore...what that means, is we are not chewing clock like we should which equates to less time on the bench for the D too and far too often are back on the field too fast.  I mean do people even realize we just played the top offense in the league where our starting CB opposite Tre was a 7th round rookie?  And he too got knocked out for a while making a PS activated guy suddenly the starter over there.  Yet this defense held its own.  It bent, but often didn't break in key moments of the game against the top offense in the league.  It did fairly well against Murray and Hopkins all game considering and just unfortunately had one miraculous play to steal the game back.  

Sorry for the rant, but geezus this board loses its mind after a loss.  So many people here saying we wont win the division now, crowning the fins )with a rookie QB who has been just ok so far), we will be back at .500 soon and all kinds of stuff.  Its just crazy 

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on people.  This is such an absurd whiny narrative to call an ELITE player making an incredible play embarrassing.  And honestly, Poyer and Tre collided just enough to shift Tre out just enough for Hopkins to be the only one to reach the ball. 

They could throw this play 200 times and it may only complete once.  It happens.  The over reaction on this board after a loss is still mind blowing.  Did it suck sure...but the guys on the other team are paid a lot of money to also make plays.  No one is perfect every game, the opponents are going to make plays too. 

But if you read this board you would assume that posters here think Tre can never give up a single pass or Josh can never make an errant throw.  Russel Wilson, widely seen as the best or 2nd best QB in the league right now by just about everyone, threw picks against us and again this week in defeats.  Brady had an awful game against the Saints...cant even imagine if Josh ever has a game like that what this board would do.  Probably say its time to draft another QB.  

After Tenn and KC games and this board was ready to fire Beane and McD earlier this year.  After Seattle game they are great again.  After a fluke play people are back to they are the problem again.  The amount of bipolar disorder around here is just crazy 

Our whole defense has been struggling.  We had a lot of new players come in with no preseason, no time to get them to gel.  We lost Star to COVID opt out greatly hurting the interior DL.  We have a plethora of injuries or covid issues in our secondary.  Our top 2 LB's have been hurt, playing hurt or out several games.  Its not that Tre "got paid", its that the unit has to deal with a lot of turnover and isn't as efficient as they were last year.  

Also, people forget one MAJOR thing.  We can not run the ball anymore...what that means, is we are not chewing clock like we should which equates to less time on the bench for the D too and far too often are back on the field too fast.  I mean do people even realize we just played the top offense in the league where our starting CB opposite Tre was a 7th round rookie?  And he too got knocked out for a while making a PS activated guy suddenly the starter over there.  Yet this defense held its own.  It bent, but often didn't break in key moments of the game against the top offense in the league.  It did fairly well against Murray and Hopkins all game considering and just unfortunately had one miraculous play to steal the game back.  

Sorry for the rant, but geezus this board loses its mind after a loss.  So many people here saying we wont win the division now, crowning the fins )with a rookie QB who has been just ok so far), we will be back at .500 soon and all kinds of stuff.  Its just crazy 

major for sure.  Its the whole key.  They could dominate. They wont, but i would not let him call josh's number except on a sneak when a yard is needed and put him on a pitch count.  You can only call x amount of passing plays while the game is within reach. 

Looked like a totally different player? QBs are continuing to avoid him. He'll bear the brunt of the Hopkins catch because he's our leader but he hasn't been the broken player that some want him to be.

Second post in this thread is jokes - "You know, I've been documenting his failures and have been meaning to address this..." *slides glasses up nose

I don't blame White for the catch.

Imho, Poyer is actually more at fault, and yet he is also only trying to disrupt the play.

But it's Poyer who collides with White, when he's in the air, and removes the chance for White to do something on the ball, as he puts his balance off.

White was in position, but got stymied by one of his own, in effect. That isn't really an outright criticism, as all the guys were just trying to make a play.

Even having said that, there's no guarantee that White could have got the ball away from Hopkins, but without Poyer, he has a chance, at least.