Tre’Davious White 2020 Season

wppete

He’s been beat often the past few weeks. Seattle’s big WR took him deep & and roughed him up. Today Hopkins out-jumped him making him look small & lacking hops. Clearly White isn’t at 2019 level, he has a few games to rebound but clearly today’s game demonstrated White isn’t playing at an All-Pro level as he failed miserably to stop another All-Pro. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Not what I saw - he tried to bat it - just a better play by Hopkins....oh and TWO other guys were there too......just an INSANE play by Hopkins.....

He didn't try to bat it. He tried to catch it by jumping up with both hands in the air. If he wanted to bat it, he easily could have by just swatting it with one hand.

I think White has been good overall this year, it just doesn't show as much the players around him have not been performing.       The defense is not the same overall but I am not panicking about them yet.   There was no preseason for the new players to get used to the team and I think that this effected their overall bad play(although Klein is coming around).    They are also playing some of the top offenses in the NFL this year. 

Hopefully Buffalo can get healthy and make adjustments in the bye week.

29 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

He’s been beat often the past few weeks. Seattle’s big WR took him deep & and roughed him up. Today Hopkins out-jumped him making him look small & lacking hops. Clearly White isn’t at 2019 level, he has a few games to rebound but clearly today’s game demonstrated White isn’t playing at an All-Pro level as he failed miserably to stop another All-Pro. 

Hopkins will do that against just about any corner in the league and has been for his whole career. It is why he will be a first ballot HOF'er. Please get some perspective before posting ridiculous takes.

Edited by matter2003

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hopkins will do that against just about any corner in the league and has been for his whole career. It is why he will be a first ballot HOF'er. Please get some perspective before posting ridiculous takes.

OMG.  Stop.  Hopkins isn’t Megatron.  He’s 6’1” with a 36 inch vertical.  He does have awesome hands, but he needed to get a lot higher than White to get 2 hands on the ball.  White’s leap was extremely weak and he inexplicable went up with 2 hands instead of 1 to just knock the ball down.  Hopkins isn’t gonna be a 1st ballot HOF because he can jump over defenders.  

17 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

OMG.  Stop.  Hopkins isn’t Megatron.  He’s 6’1” with a 36 inch vertical.  He does have awesome hands, but he needed to get a lot higher than White to get 2 hands on the ball.  White’s leap was extremely weak and he inexplicable went up with 2 hands instead of 1 to just knock the ball down.  Hopkins isn’t gonna be a 1st ballot HOF because he can jump over defenders.  

Obviously you haven't watched enough of his games. He actually made a ridiculous catch up high in the air with Tre draped all over him when he was with the Texans and scored a TD after he caught it. He also has some of the biggest, strongest hands on a receiver of all time as documented here:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2020/09/08/when-comes-deandre-hopkins-success-all-starts-hands/5746290002/

He also has remarkably similar stats to Megatron. About 2300 fewer yards in 17 fewer games...pretty sure he will surpass that yardage total when they have the same number of games played.

Easy to analyze what everyone should have done when you can watch in slo-mo and keep rewinding to see every little thing. Except that's not how it works in a game. It's a single play and sometimes the other team just makes a great play. That's it. You stop with your TV clicker/pointer rewind nonsense.

Edited by matter2003

He’s really good, but in a league where defense is about making plays, I fear he doesn’t have enough of that in him.  

Last weeks play where he picked off Wilson is what I’m talking about...but that’s all I’ve got from him all season.  

He may do enough to warrant the contract by being such a good cover corner, but his play making ability is lacking.  

Jalen Ramsey doesn’t allow that Hopkins catch.  

28 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Obviously you haven't watched enough of his games. He actually made a ridiculous catch up high in the air with Tre draped all over him when he was with the Texans and scored a TD after he caught it. He also has some of the biggest, strongest hands on a receiver of all time as documented here:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2020/09/08/when-comes-deandre-hopkins-success-all-starts-hands/5746290002/

He also has remarkably similar stats to Megatron. About 2300 fewer yards in 17 fewer games...pretty sure he will surpass that yardage total when they have the same number of games played.

Easy to analyze what everyone should have done when you can watch in slo-mo and keep rewinding to see every little thing. Except that's not how it works in a game. It's a single play and sometimes the other team just makes a great play. That's it. You stop with your TV clicker/pointer rewind nonsense.

I’m not talking about stats.  Megatron was 6’5” with a 45 inch vertical.  If Megatron made that catch over White, you can justify it a lot easier.  It’s like getting dunked on by Steph Curry instead of Jordan.  

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Nope. QB's are only throwing his way like once or twice a game. He is being respected.

Absolutely. Other than the Hail Mary I can't remember him being thrown at last night.

He injured his back against Miami and the next couple of weeks against LA and LV I thought he tried to tough it out and he struggled a bit. He finally sat against Tennessee and that did the job he has looked healthier since and has played much better to the stage where the last 3 weeks I bet he has had fewer than half a dozen balls thrown at him.

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’m not talking about stats.  Megatron was 6’5” with a 45 inch vertical.  If Megatron made that catch over White, you can justify it a lot easier.  It’s like getting dunked on by Steph Curry instead of Jordan.  

So a guy known for being able to go up and get the ball, a great ability to high point it, a guy who has some of the biggest and strongest hands for a WR ever and a sure fire first ballot HOF'er doesn't equate to being good in that situation? 

Do you know Diggs was the best WR in the NFL last year at winning contested balls? He is 6' 1" also. 

Height is not as important in those situations as ability to time your jump perfectly,  high point the ball and secure it.

It's not like he threw it up to some scrub like Rodgers has and completed it in traffic.

10 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I've thought this as well which is why I would have waited to extend him but Beane rolled the dice and pounced on what was a team friendly contract before Jalen Ramsey and some other big names were due to resign.

Against an elite player like Hopkins this is the 2nd year in a row he's been owned by him but aside from that he certainly is not having the type of year that this team needed and will likely be one of the many reasons this team is looking at early playoff exit again....assuming they even get there.

Hopkins didn't do much prior to that play. 2-3 catches? 50 yards maybe. No TD? 

Diggs embarrasses a DB every game.  Doesn't mean Peterson is trash. 

Diggs outplayed Hopkins if not for that fluke play

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Was just talking to some buddies about how Tre’Davious White looks like a different player this year after getting payed. He hasn’t looked impressive this year compared to last year... That hail mail play today was embarrassing... Anyone else think he looks off this year? 

He played through injury and has been good despite that. He was excellent yesterday. The first long Hopkins pass was in zone with white not on him. The bomb was just a great play by one of the best WRs in football. No one of 3/4 guys made the play needed there but I’m not blaming tre. 

Daboll's kept the fire burning on offense, Frazier hasn't on defense.

The spirit of the entire defense is not the same from seasons past; the same foggy-headed unit that can't stop the run is also out there defending the pass.

It's a trickle-down effect the way I see it. 

Crazy to associate Tre D's contribution this season on a contract that he earned from years of hard work and dedication throughout his career.

Didn't notice many other passes completed against Tre White throughout the rest of the game.

The Hail Mary was a freak play, by one of the best WRs in the entire NFL.

Honestly, I thought that our defenders played the ball pretty good.  Just because Tre jumped with two hands in the air, does not mean he was trying to intercept the ball.  I've seen hundreds of Hail Mary plays in my time, and defenders often bat the ball down with both hands.  DeAndre Hopkins is known for having extremely strong hands.  It's very likely that White believed he needed the power from both his hands to keep the WR from snatching the ball out of the air.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Didn't notice many other passes completed against Tre White throughout the rest of the game.

The Hail Mary was a freak play, by one of the best WRs in the entire NFL.

Honestly, I thought that our defenders played the ball pretty good.  Just because Tre jumped with two hands in the air, does not mean he was trying to intercept the ball.  I've seen hundreds of Hail Mary plays in my time, and defenders often bat the ball down with both hands.  DeAndre Hopkins is known for having extremely strong hands.  It's very likely that White believed he needed the power from both his hands to keep the WR from snatching the ball out of the air.

Wait....what??

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wait....what??

Didn't say that I've seen hundreds completed.

I have been watching football for over 30 years you know.

And for everyone that thinks we are cursed, this is not the first time someone has lost due to a Hail Mary.