a few thoughts about the cardinals game, in no particular order

Virgil

13 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Singletarys best play today was negated by Knox's penalty.  Knox had a terrible game.

Knox is a terrible football player.  He seems to be one of those million dollar body, ten cent head type of dudes.  Just lacks the right amount of focus and instincts for the sport.  It’s why he did nothing in college and why he continues to squander his opportunities here.  Also seems like he may be a knucklehead.

Let’s be honest, if you got to place a bet before the season on the two players most likely to get themselves onto the COVID list, wouldn’t Knox and Norman have been the frontrunners?  Knuckleheads.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

3 Misc. - It was clear that CBS created a lot of graphics to ball-wash Murray as the MVP.  Why CBS would pimp an NFC team is beyond me, but they did it. 

In hindsight, McD should not have called the TO before the last play, he should have let the pressure settle in on the Cards instead of relieving it by calling the TO.  He took all the pressure off the Cards to get the play run on time. 

i think there were 2 seconds on the play clock when we called timeout.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Don’t get me started. I’ll get banned 

This is ominous.  I miss so much along the way.  Is any comment re: the C word as it relates to player availability a ban-worthy offense?  I’ll try and make my point but will steer clear just in case. 

I thought the D played pretty well for most of the game, given the players that were missing due to pulled groins.  It’s tough to lose important players due to pulled groins, and it sucks that other guys with with unpulled groins have to sit.  

It’s impossible to know if the players we were missing might have made an impact if their groins were not pulled— but when all was said and done, the game was exciting right to the end.  It is the NFL—as usual we left too many points off the board and this time, it cost us. 

Great write up Virgil. Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Some might disagree with me, but Davis ran a brutal route on that 2nd pick. He got loose and sloppy and let Kirkpatrick beat him to the inside.

Davis p^ssy footed it and was not aggressive at all. He watch Kirkpatrick aggressively take the angle and the ball away from him. He needs to be more aggressive and fight for the ball in these situations.

Good write up. Agreed on most points. They should have never let Murray get into that situation where Hopkins could make that play. As bad as the Bills played, they should have walked out with a W. 

• Like (+1) 2

1  I'd imagine it wouldn't have been completed 49 out of 50 times.  Do wonder how much Norman, Wallace, and then Jackson being out affected that play.  May have been one of them would have been over there too, Seemed they were hurt by lack of height on that play.  Often the defense will put there tallest guy out there, but with 11 seconds, it was still kind of too much time for that as may not have been the last play.

2  Agree Allen did struggle, could have had a couple more int's.   Very lucky on that pass to Singletary too.  2 weeks in a row defense blitzed the hell out of us and Allen was running around like crazy.

3  I thought I was imagining things with the missing down and distance that I just wasn't looking in the right spot and it was really there.  Maybe the best camera operators and producers were all in Augusta?

5  They have to figure out how to better run the ball.  Maybe if Morse and Ford are both back, will get better there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

1  I'd imagine it wouldn't have been completed 49 out of 50 times.  Do wonder how much Norman, Wallace, and then Jackson being out affected that play.  May have been one of them would have been over there too, Seemed they were hurt by lack of height on that play.  Often the defense will put there tallest guy out there, but with 11 seconds, it was still kind of too much time for that as may not have been the last play.

2  Agree Allen did struggle, could have had a couple more int's.   Very lucky on that pass to Singletary too.  2 weeks in a row defense blitzed the hell out of us and Allen was running around like crazy.

3  I thought I was imagining things with the missing down and distance that I just wasn't looking in the right spot and it was really there.  Maybe the best camera operators and producers were all in Augusta?

5  They have to figure out how to better run the ball.  Maybe if Morse and Ford are both back, will get better there.

I agree with a lot of this, but what happened to point #4?

58 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Still a big concern to me is the 3rd quarters.

Once again we got out scored 17-7, and that’s even getting a turnover on defence and starting off with the ball in the 2nd half.

I'm waiting for the "Why do we always suck in the 3rd Quarter" thread. McDermott needs to address this because it is weekly. Both sides of the ball let down and lose focus. 

This team responds better when something sticks in their collective craw. I wish we won the game. Especially given what Josh & Diggs did at the end. But maybe now McD and Frazier will fix what ails this D. Two weeks of stewing over this loss might give them extra incentive to do that. Instead of sitting pretty after a win and thinking they'll be OK. Right now they should be thinking they're going to be a one playoff win team again. We need to find a way to bring more pressure, as well as, not get killed over the middle.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Groin said:

I agree with a lot of this, but what happened to point #4?

No idea what song those words were from.  Think there's only been about one week I actually knew what song the words were from that he posted.  That was 2 weeks ago when he posted Revolution! 

Actually based on your post I Googled the words to see what it was from.   I will say I'm not a Dead Head and it's one group I really never followed at all.

LOL!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm waiting for the "Why do we always suck in the 3rd Quarter" thread. McDermott needs to address this because it is weekly. Both sides of the ball let down and lose focus. 

It really is a huge concern. It’s not like this is like a one type thing or it’s only happened a few times.

From My memory, I believe it’s happened every single week maybe minus the jets game in week 7?

Arizona had some of the best open field tackling I've seen from an opposing team in quite some time

Yeah I was amazed by that too. It's not like the Bills receivers didn't try or were bad at it. These guys were tackling technicians.

20 minutes ago, hemma said:

I had to miss a few chunks of the game.... what happened to Morse?  

He never played. I though he would. Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I’ll disagree with 2 bad INTs. Some might disagree with me, but Davis ran a brutal route on that 2nd pick. He got loose and sloppy and let Kirkpatrick beat him to the inside.

Other than that, great stuff as per usual.

I agree with the Davis comment.  He ran flat instead of coming back.  The look on Allen's face told the story!

Another thought...

Why is Dane Jackson not the starter opposite White? All this kid does is make plays when he is in the game. Better than watching Wallace give up uncontested 15 yard completions so he can come up and make the tackle.

Also, most people expected us to go 1-1 against the Seahawks and Cards but expected the win and loss to be reversed.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2