Lost in the loss...was the most clutch play we have seen in 20+ years

Hebert19

13 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

No, the Fins don't have to beat us. They will likely have a superior record straight up.

Everyone gets so hung up on tiebreakers, but it rarely comes down to that.

This is straight up wrong. You are basically saying that it is likely that they will have superior record even when we beat them.

That's total nonsense. If we ONLY be them, Broncos and Chargers, they will have to go 5-1 or better, which is unlikely. They have Chiefs, @Raiders if nothing else, and I have no idea why so many people assume that they wil automatically win everything else. They play Pats or Cincy and can easily lose any game. 

And if we also win any other game (Pats or 49ers), they have to WIN OUT to be ahead of us.

So no, it is not likely. This is still our division to lose and if we perform on field, we will win it. They have less than 10% chance to win division if we beat them (and we are still favorites even if we lose).

Josh is one of about 3 QB's in the league that can realistically make that throw he made to Diggs. And the catch was a thing of beauty too. I take some solace in that our play was designed.The hail mary was ...well... a hail mary

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So let's say Miami is 11-4 and the Bills are 10-5 heading into week 17. Miami won't have to beat us? Yes they will because if we win we'll have head 2 head tie breaker. Very simple. Miami has KC still so right now they can very easily have 4 losses. If they win 11 straight games before facing us week 17 then just tip your cap because they earned it. 

The Bills may very well be 9-6.

Ya'll think that the Diggs TD was that insane of throw? Really?

It was a 30 yard throw to the corner with plenty of cushion.  Great throw, great catch, very clutch, but I didn't walk away thinking it was an "exclusive to Josh" throw.

I know we're all drooling over the concept of a franchise QB, but the "OnLy He CaN do ThAt" takes are way overdone.

• Like (+1) 1

The catches by all our WR (Beasley on 3rd, Smoke fighting through pain, Diggs is such a Fn Stud) REALLY gives us so much to look forward to. 
Knöx has regressed and I hope he has it in him to become what we all hope. 
Running game leaves a lot to be desired. And that starts with the guys up front who, for some reason, just ace their pass protection 

3 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

It was a 30 yard throw to the corner with plenty of cushion.  Great throw, great catch, very clutch, but I didn't walk away thinking it was an "exclusive to Josh" throw.

I know we're all drooling over the concept of a franchise QB, but the "OnLy He CaN do ThAt" takes are way overdone.

^^^ This!

17 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm pissed.  Hopkins is a beast.   Punched a wall.  

But in hindsight the allen to diggs was unreal.  Most clutch play ive seen in a long time.  

The hail mary...a little luck needed there.  That play allen to diggs was a thing of beauty we have been wanting for a long time.  

7-3 and still own the division.   Phins have to beat us.  

Go bills. 

Best pass of Josh's career??

3 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I can guarantee very few QBs go after Patrick Peterson that way. 

Dolphin's schedule isn't all that much easier than ours over then rest of the season...

If you Give them the jets game to get to 7 wins, exclude Pats and Broncos (both teams play those games) and ditch the Bills vs Dolphins game, that leaves the Dolphins with Cincy, KC and Vegas and Buffalo with SF, Pitt and SD. I don't think that's all that different.

Allen was really out of sync yesterday.  I actually thought it was his worst day of the season - I thought he played better in our other losses.

But when has he ever had a letdown in the 4th quarter?  He just seems to have that thing that rises to the moment late in games, no matter what has happened the previous 3+ quarters.  Gotta love that.

2 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Josh should only read coverage, not the name on the jersey. Thankfully, the coverage was a joke, and he delivered an accurate ball.

Peterson didn't even slap Diggs arm, he ran right by him!

Your argument relies on calling Patrick Peterson a joke in coverage and that Allen should 'only read coverage' when Wilson and the Seahawks literally didn't throw at Peterson covering Metcalf the entire game. OK.

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Your argument relies on calling Patrick Peterson a joke in coverage and that Allen should 'only read coverage' when Wilson and the Seahawks literally didn't throw at Peterson covering Metcalf the entire game. OK.

We're not talking about Metcalf vs Peterson, that's irrelevant.

On this single play,  Diggs ran right by Peterson. Peterson didn't touch him. With <30 seconds left, allowing a #1 receiver a free dash to the end zone is joke coverage.

Of course, this all works out to our benefit. I'm glad we got it done. Josh probably was shocked to see Diggs running free like that.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

17 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

We don't own the division, next week the Fish will be 7-3 and tied with us in the loss column. And given their next 3 they will be 9-3 which means the pressure is on the Bills to win the next two and keep pace.

And it's highly unlikely this team is going to be 11-4 heading into the final game against Miami. What is very likely is Miami will be 11-4 heading into that game assuming they lose to the Chiefs, if they don't they will likely have the division clinched by the time we play them.

We don't need to have the same record as Miami going into week 17...we can be 10-5 if Miami is 11-4 which is very likely 

Our loss yesterday took away the slim chance that we could lose to Miami and still win the division 

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Bills may very well be 9-6.

We will have to see how it plays out but they should definitely beat the Chargers and Broncos. The Pats, 49ers, Dolphins will be tough games. I don't think the Bills win all three but they won't lose all three either. IMHO. The Steelers game is the only one I think will be a definite loss. My guess is 10-11 wins for the Bills.