Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

I don't think I can watch another game of this poorly coached team. Anyone who knows anything about football would have put Ty Nsekhe who is 6'8" out there for the hail mary.

And don't think Beane is off the hook, he better be searching for FA's and practice squad players who are tall. Teams will be throwing hail marys from the first to the last play of the game if they don't stop this now.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 11/15/2020 at 7:51 PM, Cal said:

We have the talent and the player comradery you need. McDermott is just to soft and it shows with all the penalties not to mention makes bone head decisions. Good coaches put a tall player back there like Belichick did with Gronkowski to knock the ball down. Poyer, Tre, etc got as high as they could not their fault. Wasn't enough.

We should of put Davis or Knox back there. Frazier has the d at the bottom of the league and Dabbol with his college plays are not aggressive enough. Its unfortunate.

If Gabe Davis were thrown out there and made a mistake people would have went crazy and blamed McD for making a terrible decision.

Also, its "could have" not "could of". One of the most cringeworthy typos I see on social media.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/15/2020 at 7:51 PM, Cal said:

We have the talent and the player comradery you need. McDermott is just to soft and it shows with all the penalties not to mention makes bone head decisions. Good coaches put a tall player back there like Belichick did with Gronkowski to knock the ball down. Poyer, Tre, etc got as high as they could not their fault. Wasn't enough.

We should of put Davis or Knox back there. Frazier has the d at the bottom of the league and Dabbol with his college plays are not aggressive enough. Its unfortunate.

Ahhhh so you must not remember the play where Gronk was on the field when Miami did laterals all the way down the field and scored on the last play. If there was a defender on the field, the Pats probably win that game. 

These things happen. If a team needs a final play of 50+ yards to beat us, i'll take our chances 9.8/10 times. It was a fluke and crazy plays happen. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

The moral victory statment does not help.  We had to often during the drought.  Winners win and losers lose.  

And yet, to your point the Bills have the most wins against winning teams and have played more games, by far, against teams with winning records than ANY OTHER NFL team this year. So, I'd agree and say that this year they're winning at a respectable rate and last year, was the revelation of the beginning of turning a corner. Also, nothing you said in that panned cliché of a statement combats the truth presented. 

You don't like McDermott - cool, your opinion is as valid as any other when it's simply your opinion - but don't conflate that opinion with a "fact" as though it becomes truth. Whatever your issues are with McDermott, they are about style and not results. 

22 hours ago, Greg S said:

It's to late now to change anything but was the catch really a catch.

48D0B1BE-D7DC-4F5D-AD90-3F88401A79B2.jpeg

It was automatically reviewed and upheld so I guess the NFL thought it was. If he had possession before going to the ground, holding onto the ball once you hit the ground is no longer required to complete the catch, as has been shown by some replay reversals and replays upheld this year already...including the Preston Williams TD catch against us in the Miami game.

54 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It was automatically reviewed and upheld so I guess the NFL thought it was. If he had possession before going to the ground, holding onto the ball once you hit the ground is no longer required to complete the catch, as has been shown by some replay reversals and replays upheld this year already...including the Preston Williams TD catch against us in the Miami game.

Believe me, THAT part I watched very closely, from the first slo mo review and EVERY other of that soul destroying play! I assume most Bills fans did, as did the NFL. If you’re looking for the 5% chance of an over rule, you could say the ball touched the ground- LONG after (3 seconds) Hopkins caught it, secured it, went to the ground with it securely... before the slightest touch of part of the ball on the ground- still in his secured possession. 

Be concerned about ALL that McClapper didn’t do to not have the ONLY Arizona source on the field quadruple covered, nor have that *&&$&* ball knocked down! Not, the incredible catch that was legally made.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Believe me, THAT part I watched very closely, from the first slo mo review and EVERY other of that soul destroying play! I assume most Bills fans did, as did the NFL. If you’re looking for the 5% chance of an over rule, you could say the ball touched the ground- LONG after (3 seconds) Hopkins caught it, secured it, went to the ground with it securely... before the slightest touch of part of the ball on the ground- still in his secured possession. 

Be concerned about ALL that McClapper didn’t do to not have the ONLY Arizona source on the field quadruple covered, nor have that *&&$&* ball knocked down! Not, the incredible catch that was legally made.

Ridiculous take...especially 4 days after the game once the emotions died down. You don't even know wtf you watched apparently.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Correct.

12 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The having his best 3 defensive backs on him wasn't enough for you, nah? Look coaches coach and players play. The Bills had sufficient coverage on Hopkins. None of them made the play. That isn't on coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

My issue with McDermott are e hiring procedures done. Which was more or less bent on his frat status with the Pegula's and his wife's sorority connection to Kim. Along with carrying those practices to the Sabres. He was given a much longer leash on Nate Peterman then most other Coaches in the modern era. It's like the masons a brother in the frat or fold never goes jobless. As for Frank Reich blowing out Tennesse it becomes a question mark of if we face the Colts in the playoffs and get blown. Do, we start doing a re-thinking if they can get it done?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

My issue with McDermott are e hiring procedures done. Which was more or less bent on his frat status with the Pegula's and his wife's sorority connection to Kim. Along with carrying those practices to the Sabres. He was given a much longer leash on Nate Peterman then most other Coaches in the modern era. It's like the masons a brother in the frat or fold never goes jobless. As for Frank Reich blowing out Tennesse it becomes a question mark of if we face the Colts in the playoffs and get blown. Do, we start doing a re-thinking if they can get it done?

tenor.gif?itemid=5480485

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/15/2020 at 6:51 PM, Cal said:

Too bad you missed 2000 thru 2016.  McDermott and his staff are actually very good.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hot Buffalo Wings said:

If Gabe Davis were thrown out there and made a mistake people would have went crazy and blamed McD for making a terrible decision.

Also, its "could have" not "could of". One of the most cringeworthy typos I see on social media.

It's "it's".  Sorry couldn't resist lol.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

This might be the most bewildering, nonsensical bull#### I have read on TBD.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 4:52 PM, Thriftygamer83 said:

What if Frank gets blown by the Bills in the playoffs? Do the Colts start doing a "re-thinking" (whatever one of those is) if they can get it done?

If McDermott does prove to be a 2nd coming of Marvin Lewis - a good man and a good coach who wins plenty of football games but can't get it done in the playoffs then at some point the Bills will move on. But Andy Reid was 1-4 his first 5 years in Kansas City and his coaching was significantly implicated in at least two of those losses - blowing big leads against Indy and Tennessee - and he got over the hump. Basically if you are firing a coach who keeps getting you to the playoffs you better be absolutely sure the next guy is better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1