Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

Sean McDermott let his players buy into the hype. As if crowning themselves AFCE Champions before the first play was even made. Players admitted as much and what stings is Frank Reich saying changing his offense to up tempo and keeping the defense in blitz and routine zone packages had been what helped them most against Tennesse. It's pretty much showing the lack of effort and attitude the team has had in big games.

We've got a team which beat Tennesse last season. We've got a Coach whose pretty much tuned out his critics. And, hasn't really matured the Hail Murray and Kliff Kingsbury pretty much provided what we knew. Sean thought he'd already won and had packed it in. He's believing the hype as well if we go through the turmoil of mounting losses. It's like a slow unwinding of the locker room pretty much.

As it is Reich does more with less and an aging Quarterback. It's a gut punch on what Sean isn't and that is disciplined.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Guys Frank Reich just owned the Tennesse Titans we cannot talk about Sean McDermott as evolving as a Coach. When he has regressed and his players admitted to buying the hype. It's how he's managed to lose so much of the locker room and has pretty much fallen apart as a defensive genius. Reich wins with a no name defense and an aging Quarterback in up tempo both sides of the ball against better teams. McDermott has regressed completely to his first year. We don't know if he'll crash and burn to 9-7 pr 8-8 at this point. If he does put a fork into any future discussion of the process it'll be a Beane coaching staff adjustment.

8 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Sean McDermott let his players buy into the hype. As if crowning themselves AFCE Champions before the first play was even made. Players admitted as much and what stings is Frank Reich saying changing his offense to up tempo and keeping the defense in blitz and routine zone packages had been what helped them most against Tennesse. It's pretty much showing the lack of effort and attitude the team has had in big games.

We've got a team which beat Tennesse last season. We've got a Coach whose pretty much tuned out his critics. And, hasn't really matured the Hail Murray and Kliff Kingsbury pretty much provided what we knew. Sean thought he'd already won and had packed it in. He's believing the hype as well if we go through the turmoil of mounting losses. It's like a slow unwinding of the locker room pretty much.

As it is Reich does more with less and an aging Quarterback. It's a gut punch on what Sean isn't and that is disciplined.

Leave

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Well, at least it's not like Frank Reich just beat Tennesse with an up tempo offense and defense. On short rest please guys if you want to defend Sean in the wake of Indy dominating show me why Frank just brutally tore him apart and knew his weakness conservatively in defense.

Did we play Indy yesterday? Who is confused here. The transitive power does not apply. We play the game to see who wins. 

Come on Frank blew out Tennesse when we had players admitting they bought into the hype build up behind them. Which got worse against KC, with a hail Murray, and Kingsbury actually looking more like a guy whose earned his head coaching job. Sean just looked like he's getting ready to bolt after that loss with crying and trying to keep it together during a presser. Frank just handed Sean his baseball bat Negan style.

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Come on Frank blew out Tennesse when we had players admitting they bought into the hype build up behind them. Which got worse against KC, with a hail Murray, and Kingsbury actually looking more like a guy whose earned his head coaching job. Sean just looked like he's getting ready to bolt after that loss with crying and trying to keep it together during a presser. Frank just handed Sean his baseball bat Negan style.

I hear Indy has a few spots open on their bandwagon. Go cheer for frank since you love him so much ❤️❤️❤️

11 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Yeaaaaaah.  This would have a lot more, and by a lot more here I mean "some", if you actually put some links or references to back up what you claim the players "admitted", because I haven't heard any such thing.

When I listen to McDermott pressers I hear a lot of taking responsibility and acknowledging criticism and not a lot of "tuning out"

I think "nothing to see here, move along" but you could delight and amaze me

• Like (+1) 1

Colts 34
Tennessee 17
Now we were dismantled by a score of.
Bills 16
Titans 42
Anybody else got anything to say like leave or moron to me? Really, frank Reich it's on a Coachling Clinic old school. And, just pretty much dismissed the Pegula's and McDermott with one signature win. The going up tempo has sealed the deal on McDermott and his defenders.

3 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Where and when did players admit this?  Thanks

PS possibly, don't Drink and Post

Wow, Bills fans who drag the depths and actually hate Frank Reich. In such a delusional rush to prove their love for Sean. That's not a great cult of personality and culture here. Yeah, bringing us out of the drought felt great. But, beyond that I'm pretty sure fans here have burned out memories of Reich's comeback because he coaches for Indy and since that happened he's dead to them.

As for the Micah Hyde interviews covering the Titans and KC losses.

30 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Guys Frank Reich just owned the Tennesse Titans we cannot talk about Sean McDermott as evolving as a Coach. When he has regressed and his players admitted to buying the hype. It's how he's managed to lose so much of the locker room and has pretty much fallen apart as a defensive genius. Reich wins with a no name defense and an aging Quarterback in up tempo both sides of the ball against better teams. McDermott has regressed completely to his first year. We don't know if he'll crash and burn to 9-7 pr 8-8 at this point. If he does put a fork into any future discussion of the process it'll be a Beane coaching staff adjustment.

Who has beaten the most teams in the NFL with a winning record?

Oh...that is right. The Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

To many penalties means not enough discipline and maturity in the head coach. We had this game sealed up and folks go back to moral victories I don't see Frank Reich letting up on dismissing us as being a team which plays down tempo and has pretty much put itself into a situation where it should have been 8-2 and due to sloppy Coaching in the last second is now 7-3 I stick by what I said about Reich if he's dead to you then on the anniversary of the comeback never post a video or say you loved him here

When Hopkins dubbed Tre as overrated I thought let play determine it this season. It has and we overpaid on Tre instead of letting him earn his contract and extension this season. We are now scrambling to find anyway to bolster our secondary.

26 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I've been a big McClappy critic but this is a major accomplishment this year considering he was 3-15 the previous 3 seasons combined.

And it's at pretty safe bet at this point that all 4 teams we've beat are playoff bound as are the 3 teams we've lost to.

The big issue though how a head coach with a defensive pedigree could let that side of the ball become so terrible in a year we are finally fielding a 21st century NFL offense. And I also question the rising number of penalties each week which has also contributed to this team falling apart in the 3rd quarter every week.

Simple...its because defense is much more inconsistent on a year to year basis than offense. That is, there is no correlation between one year's defensive performance and the next year's performance while there is a correlation between the two on offense.

Also consider last year we played a bunch of bad offenses and 3rd string QBs.

This year we are playing a lot of top 10 offenses. 

So has the defense gotten worse or have they just played a lot more good offensive teams and elite QBs?