Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The game day thread was hilarious when we went down 3 you should take a read through that if you want to see crazy haha idk maybe its just me but I am in the mindset that I expect Josh to go down the field for the go ahead score now and that is a silver lining here

I think I’ll stay away from the game day thread for that reason alone. Hahaha!!!

Yeah, it’s cool to finally have a quarterback again that can keep you in the game or win you the game more times than not. Tied for 2nd in game winning drives. Pretty cool stuff!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

that's just not the same as 4 guys going 2 to 3 feet in the air and coming down on top of each other. it's not a coordination or athleticism thing. 

Outside of Allen being possibly hurt on the play, there is absolutely nothing to lose by allowing your athletic star QB a chance to save the team he lead for a game winning drive. You pull out a D lineman and leave Allen in the end zone. It gives him a chance to play hero ball. If you ever played QB you would understand. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Outside of Allen being possibly hurt on the play, there is absolutely nothing to lose by allowing your athletic star QB a chance to save the team he lead for a game winning drive. You pull out a D lineman and leave Allen in the end zone. It gives him a chance to play hero ball. If you ever played QB you would understand. 

Dude, I can’t even.  This isn’t High School where the QB was usually by far the best athlete on the team and maybe played all 3 phases.

The hard thing about a play like that is tracking the ball.  DBs spend a lot of the their lives tracking the ball.  The QB, not so much.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Haha that reminds me of The Waterboy 'last game of the season cant hold anything back now' quote...I think our only chance the way that play worked out was sending more guys on the blitz though...I still can't get over how perfect that pass was.  Granted we wouldn't have known that was going to happen when the play was called 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, I can’t even.  This isn’t High School where the QB was usually by far the best athlete on the team and maybe played all 3 phases.

The hard thing about a play like that is tracking the ball.  DBs spend a lot of the their lives tracking the ball.  The QB, not so much.

You wouldn’t understand. There is nothing to lose by pulling a D lineman and putting the QB in the end zone to win the game defensively. Almost every QB alive wants that opportunity during hailmarys. 

It is great that allen does what he does at the end of games. that said, our offense looked as hopeless as I've seen it look in all 3 of allen's years during most of  the 2nd half today. combine that with AZs running game looking almost unstoppable for a quarter and a half, it was tough to watch. 

this was easily the toughest game for me to watch all season. 

2 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Regarding Morse, my guess is they decided to be extra cautious given his concussion history which makes sense with the bye and two extra weeks for him to rest before the next game.

Winters is definitely terrible in every aspect of the game.

Yea it seems like we know we didn't need that win and theres more important games to come which takes some of the sting out of it for me...the offensive line which at times looks like the strength of this team was getting absolutely embarrassed in the second half

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You're losing a rusher though to put a quarterback in coverage.

But you just don't understand.

The QB wants to do it so bad that he'll automatically be better at it than an NFL caliber DB. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Coaching was fine.  Your $10m per year defensive end can’t dive on the ground and let Murray get off a hail Mary throwing across his body and your $17m per year CB has to knock the ball down and not let a 6’1” WR with a 36 inch vertical dunk on him.  

I feel like poyer couldve not played the ball and just blasted Hopkins when he caught it too...looks like he was trying to do that but only ended up taking out tre lol

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You're losing a rusher though to put a quarterback in coverage.

It honestly doesn’t matter at that point. The QB is going to chuck it into the end zone whether in 10 seconds or 5 seconds. If you aren’t going to bring the house, then allow the QB who is athletic as can be a chance to win for you on defense.  

Just now, Simon said:

But you just don't understand.

The QB wants to do it so bad that he'll automatically be better at it than an NFL caliber DB. 🙄

It’s a jump ball situation. It’s basically basketball. All you need is height and jumping skills which Allen has. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I mean some of the stuff I've seen Josh allen do that seems impossible makes that almost a valid argument 🤣 its not the craziest post I've seen today lol

Crazy wins you games when all others are afraid. Just like nobody ever attempts line rugby jumps during hailmarys which is mind boggling. 

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It honestly doesn’t matter at that point. The QB is going to chuck it into the end zone whether in 10 seconds or 5 seconds. If you aren’t going to bring the house, then allow the QB who is athletic as can be a chance to win for you on defense.  

It’s a jump ball situation. It’s basically basketball. All you need is height and jumping skills which Allen has. 

The qb couldve been taken out before the receivers even got near the end zone though...with the gift of hindsight on our side here I think more pressure was the way to go.  Thats what was so crazy about that throw...they flushed Murray out and he threw an absolute dime in the perfect spot where only Hopkins had a realistic shot at it.  Murray and Hopkins could go out there after the game and try to recreate that play 100 times and they'd never do it again lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The qb couldve been taken out before the receivers even got near the end zone though...with the gift of hindsight on our side here I think more pressure was the way to go.  Thats what was so crazy about that throw...the flushed Murray out and he threw an absolute dime in the perfect spot where only Hopkins had a realistic shot at it.  Murray and Hopkins could go out there after the game and try to recreate that play 100 times and they'd never do it again lol

I mean I do agree with you more pressure would work in most hailmary type plays. But as a QB, we want nothing more than a chance to win in these kind of situations. A lot of QBs probably couldn’t do it, but I trust a hungry Allen more than I trust a 4 man rush. I think athletic QBs deserve the right to win for their teams on hailmary situations. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1