Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

2 hours ago, Cal said:

We have the talent and the player comradery you need. McDermott is just to soft and it shows with all the penalties not to mention makes bone head decisions. Good coaches put a tall player back there like Belichick did with Gronkowski to knock the ball down. Poyer, Tre, etc got as high as they could not their fault. Wasn't enough.

We should of put Davis or Knox back there. Frazier has the d at the bottom of the league and Dabbol with his college plays are not aggressive enough. Its unfortunate.

With 11 seconds left, not the play to do.  They could have easily thrown a 25 yard completion underneath got out of bounds as you're basically giving up one defender, then an easier shot at a TD.  If that had fallen incomplete and now only two seconds left, then yes put a tall receiver back there.  But with Davis being a rookie and Knox having a more physical TE mentality and not a lot more experience, not sure I'd like either of those two back there either.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It happens, but you have to try it sometimes. If Allen is back there, what is the worse that happens today, a Hopkins TD. Nothing changes. It’s worth a try. 

Allen?

Josh Allen?

Are you freaking kidding me? 

The worst that happens is Allen jumps, comes down awkwardly and blows his knee out....that’s the worst. 

Josh Allen.

LOL

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cal said:

We have the talent and the player comradery you need. McDermott is just to soft and it shows with all the penalties not to mention makes bone head decisions. Good coaches put a tall player back there like Belichick did with Gronkowski to knock the ball down. Poyer, Tre, etc got as high as they could not their fault. Wasn't enough.

We should of put Davis or Knox back there. Frazier has the d at the bottom of the league and Dabbol with his college plays are not aggressive enough. Its unfortunate.

Bro, I’m not saying that McD is the best coach in the league but come on. Do you remember all the coaches that we’ve been through in the last two decades?

Also, who is the coach that gave them the player camaraderie that you speak of? It didn’t just develop out of thin air.

Just now, BillsFan619 said:

Bro, I’m not saying that McD is the best coach in the league but come on. Do you remember all the coaches that we’ve been through in the last two decades?

Also, who is the coach that gave them the player camaraderie that you speak of? It didn’t just develop out of thin air.

This! McD isn't perfect but come on...

2 playoff births in 3 seasons 

A legitimate super bowl contender this year 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jerboski said:

This! McD isn't perfect but come on...

2 playoff births in 3 seasons 

A legitimate super bowl contender this year 

Right? It completely sucks that we lost. My body instantly drained of energy when it happened.

That said, we have a good team and a good coach. Some people are just all or nothing. It’s so crazy, bro!

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Beast said:

Allen?

Josh Allen?

The worst that happens is Allen jumps, comes down awkwardly and blows his knee out....that’s the worst. 

Josh Allen.

LOL

Playing scared or uneventful status quo strategy is what keeps good coaches from being great. You put your tallest players who can jump in the end zone during hailmarys. It might sound crazy, but Allen is an athletic freak who probably keeps Hopkins from catching that ball. You just keep him in the end zone and pull a player upfront. 

30 minutes ago, Beast said:

Allen?

Josh Allen?

Josh Allen.

LOL

I mean, why not just have Terry Pegula come down and cover that hail mary while we're at it.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t think the coaching is bad, but 3rd quarters seriously need to be answered for... it’s absurd that this happens almost every game. 

Hindsight is 20/20,  but putting Gabriel Davis in the end zone to shadow Hopkins probably would been the smart move given we don’t have any long, lanky corners with Levi out. 

Think the loss is teaching us that McDermott just isn't keyed into remaining as attentive as Coaches like Reid, Harbaugh, and or Belicheck. There's not much blame to pass around except at the sideline level for a demoralizing loss like that. If he takes a sudden interest and mysteriously goes to William and Mary he's not going to be missed.

No possible way i put allen in their. he is a good enough athlete to make a play, but he is not used to making plays on balls against guys who do that day in and day out. The chances of making an awkward move because he is not used to that combination and specific type of physicality and body awareness  are just too high. it has disaster written all over it. He comes down funny on a guys foot and he is done. 

2 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

I agree.  These 3rd quarters are a joke.  Do they make any adjustments at the half.  How many games have the Bills been dominated in the 3rd quarter this year? It is sad.

This is to play devils advocate mostly because it is clear the 3rd quarter is our worst quarter but how are we having good 4th quarters if our coaches don't know how to make adjustments 😁

3 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

No possible way i put allen in their. he is a good enough athlete to make a play, but he is not used to making plays on balls against guys who do that day in and day out. The chances of making an awkward move because he is not used to that combination and specific type of physicality and body awareness  are just too high. it has disaster written all over it. He comes down funny on a guys foot and he is done. 

Lol the dude made a nearly full out catch for a TD today and hurdled over Barr. I’m not worried about Allen making awkward moves. The dude won us the game today, and if I’m the coach I’m giving him the chance to win for the team in the end zone. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

24 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Right? It completely sucks that we lost. My body instantly drained of energy when it happened.

That said, we have a good team and a good coach. Some people are just all or nothing. It’s so crazy, bro!

The game day thread was hilarious when we went down 3 you should take a read through that if you want to see crazy haha idk maybe its just me but I am in the mindset that I expect Josh to go down the field for the go ahead score now and that is a silver lining here

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

This team isn't a SB contender especially with this defense and one dimensional offense.

And if this team can't figure out how to run the football it soon it will make Allen and this offense even easier to defend in the coming weeks and that was a big part of the problem today quite frankly.

This is true...we are holding some important players out though who I assume will be back after the bye.  Did mitch morse take any snaps today I dont think I saw him out there...Brian winters was the worst player playing professional football in the United States today lol 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol the dude made a nearly full out catch for a TD today and hurdled over Barr. I’m not worried about Allen making awkward moves. 

that's just not the same as 4 guys going 2 to 3 feet in the air and coming down on top of each other. it's not a coordination or athleticism thing. 

9 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Think the loss is teaching us that McDermott just isn't keyed into remaining as attentive as Coaches like Reid, Harbaugh, and or Belicheck. There's not much blame to pass around except at the sideline level for a demoralizing loss like that. If he takes a sudden interest and mysteriously goes to William and Mary he's not going to be missed.

Do you even know where William and Mary is? Or know where you are in general?