Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

46 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Still wondering why White was so shallow & why the backside safety didn’t punch it away. 

Nobody even pushed him around, there were 4 of them and they let him high point the ball. They could have fought for the ball and pushed him out of the way. A penalty is better than letting him catch it and how often do they call penalties on hail Mary's . 

That was ***** weak, I really want this team to get tougher. That was embarrassing and unacceptable, I'm really glad they get a week off after that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Where is the shot you see where Tre got his hands on the ball?  Because in the shots I see, he doesn't come near it.

I think it could have been better defensed, but I don't know how the guys are coached.  It seems to me they were all going to break up the pass where if Hyde comes down on Hopkins arms and Tre' goes to swat the ball away maybe they defend it.

But it was a great play by a great WR and a rising star at QB.

Just watched it again. Hands is wrong he gets fingertips on the ball. But the point remains that if he goes for the knock down he easily could have done it. 

73315F8C-C265-47A4-A65D-54FE0E6C1575.jpeg

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

10 hours ago, Neo said:

I’m a reasonable man.   I try not to say dumb things.   I’m 59 years old.   I’m 30 pounds overweight.  I’ve had two ACL reconstructions, two scopes, a broken ankle and a grade III high ankle sprain, all on my left side ....

If I’m playing g safety on that play, there’s no completion.   There may be a flag, I may be on my way to jail, but there’s  no completion.

I want to hear what they think they should have been doing.

Honest self assessment ...  not a great post.  Oh, there’s a legitimate point in there, but not a great post.   Put time and distance between pain and post.

10 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly tre couldn't have done much more.   He high pointed that perfect.  Beat by a phenomenal play. 

20201115_194526.jpg

Thing is... Tre had his hand in there, on the ball. He actually twists Hopkin’s because he’s got a hand on the ball. But Poyer knocks him off.

There may have been a chance of Poyer doesn’t blow up Tre, that Tre might have been able to pull the ball away once on the ground.  
Even if Poyer hits Hopkin’s it may have helped Tre pull the ball away. Never know...

11 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah, I mean Hopkins is bigger and taller and he high pointed the ball. It was a perfect throw up high. What can you do?

These flukey plays happen. They could run that 50 more times and go 0 for 50. 

It happens.  It sucks

Yes, that was the play that won the game for the Cards, but it is not what lost the game for the Bills. Defense blew a big lead, Offense with 5 straight drives the ended in 2 Ints and 3 punts, one of which was 14 yards. This was an all around loss.

Monday morning quarterbacking is always cheap therapy... 

I would have had Gabriel Davis in on the last play to knock the ball down. 

This was a game they should have lost with the way they played in the 3rd and part of the 4th....  BUT, this is the type of game they need headed into a playoff run.  They didn't quit and hopefully they can draw from that when it's needed again.

• Like (+1) 2

This is such a hindsight comment. IIRC mastermind Bill Belichick did this with Gronk couple years ago and we know how it ended. I've read people advocating that Knox should've been there. Lol. Knox of all people. Same for Davis. We had good personell there, and they were all in position, they just failed to execute. Or Hopkins just executed better. 

Same for taking that TO. Maybe it helped Arizona, but it also helped us to be in position. Before TO complete secondary was guarding 1st down line. Maybe Hopkins would've burnt them if they snapped it immediately at people would be blaming McD for not taking TO.

It was a great play by Murray and Hopkins, that's all.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

You have a 6'5 LB that runs a 4.5.  You don't need a WR, you need a good coach.

Oh for crying out loud; they had their 3 best DBs in position to compete for the ball against a single, 6’1” WR. They didn’t get it done. If that’s bad coaching I don’t know what to say.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

This is such a hindsight comment. IIRC mastermind Bill Belichick did this with Gronk couple years ago and we know how it ended. I've read people advocating that Knox should've been there. Lol. Knox of all people. Same for Davis. We had good personell there, and they were all in position, they just failed to execute. Or Hopkins just executed better. 

Same for taking that TO. Maybe it helped Arizona, but it also helped us to be in position. Before TO complete secondary was guarding 1st down line. Maybe Hopkins would've burnt them if they snapped it immediately at people would be blaming McD for not taking TO.

It was a great play by Murray and Hopkins, that's all.

That's just not true.  You didn't have good personnel when the WR was the tallest player.  Really, you could have put 11 guys on Hopkins, it's not going to matter if they are all shorter than him.  You can't do anything before he touches the ball, so the amount of players on him means nothing if he can get to the ball before any of the other players guarding him.  It's like it basketball when the forward gets a guard on him and immediately the PG will throw it to him.  It's bad coaching to allows the guard to switch on forward, same situation with this.  It's another example of bad coaching.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh for crying out loud; they had their 3 best DBs in position to compete for the ball against a single, 6’1” WR. They didn’t get it done. If that’s bad coaching I don’t know what to say.

It's a jump ball where the tallest man wins, what the heck does the amount of players have anything to do with guarding him?  Those DBs can't touch Hopkins until he goes up and catches the ball.  He was in the endzone already, good thing those DBs tackled him from running.

• Like (+1) 2

They played prevent, allowing the Cards to get to midfield as long as they burned their timeouts.  

With 11 seconds left, I’m sure they were worried about a 15-20 yard sideline out that would have given them one shot from the 25-30 yard line.  

Ultimately, the players didn’t execute, but I do think blitzing and putting a tall player (like Davis) back there are worthy questions to ask of McDermott/Frazier.  

Calling a defensive timeout and giving up a Hail Mary immediately after is always going to be a rough look for the coaching staff, even if it’s primarily the fault of the players.  

• Like (+1) 2