Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

easier said than done and in that situation it’s chaos but if tre goes up one handed

I was just about to post this same thing.

It's the only way you get your maximum vertical and I hope the DB coaches make sure they learn from this.

17 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I think you're right. Tre was ready to grab the ball but Poyer knocked him out. Goodness gracious...

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

Hops hands were higher but tres hands were inside. So hop has to make the catch through tres hands and body if Poyer doesn’t clear him out 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Now literally the whole sports world is laughing at us right now and riding Hopkins coattail. Hopkins have won me money before so I can’t even be mad at him

I watched this game with a lot of fans of various teams who described it as the luckiest play they've ever seen...so its not the whole world at the very least 🤣

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I was just about to post this same thing.

It's the only way you get your maximum vertical and I hope the DB coaches make sure they learn from this.

It’s the NFL, Tre should know to bat the ball down. 

I get it though, your in perfect position to make a play and going for the pick is the more natural play. this play would not be scrutinized so much if it there was more time on the clock. But again, he gotta be aware of the situation, we didn’t need the ball. 

Edited by BananaB

It was a play of a lifetime.  It happens.  Let’s not over react over it.  They can try that 100 times probably only works once.  

More encouraged to see the offense again drive down clutch for the go ahead than worried about a fluke amazing play by two extremely talented players. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Another thing that nobody has mentioned is that Murray getting that far outside there completely changed the delivery angle and put Poyer in a tougher position to defend it which is likely why he was late and a bit out of control.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH I’m not persuaded yet that Poyer didn’t interfere with Tre’s efforts

Hopkins has height on him though no is good enough and strong enough to bring his hands together over Tre

Yep I think poyer was trying to get in just as the ball got there to disrupt everybody but it was more friendly fire than anything

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It was a play of a lifetime.  It happens.  Let’s not over react over it.  They can try that 100 times probably only works once.  

More encouraged to see the offense again drive down clutch for the go ahead than worried about a fluke amazing play by two extremely talented players. 

100% agree. Let's move on. If they are 3-1 in this quarter they will be 9-3 and the division will be theirs if they beat NewEngland and Miami 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Maybe if Addison doesn't dive at Murray and continues to chase him; Murray doesn't have time and a platform to launch from.

This. 

Though in his post game presser McDermott refers to him as "falling down" so maybe it was a Kroft on the sideline moment.

Anyway the role of the pass rush in allowing Murray to escape contain and buy time to make that throw doesn't seem to be getting any focus.

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

You’re acting like Hopkins is 6’10 and jumped 6’ over tre. My point is you’re wrong. Tre got both hands on the ball. He was right there with Hopkins. If he would have knocked it down instead of going for pick we win.  Go back and watch it again and look at the screen shots. 

Where is the shot you see where Tre got his hands on the ball?  Because in the shots I see, he doesn't come near it.

I think it could have been better defensed, but I don't know how the guys are coached.  It seems to me they were all going to break up the pass where if Hyde comes down on Hopkins arms and Tre' goes to swat the ball away maybe they defend it.

But it was a great play by a great WR and a rising star at QB.

6 hours ago, beer said:

I mean the announcers called it right as a murray moment. perfect throw. bills defenders all over hopkins. i cant fault them on that, that ball hit hopkins hands perfectly 

Yes, I don’t fault the DBs on that play. Hopkins had height advantage, arm length, etc. on that play and was just able to get up higher and pluck the ball out of the air.  It did look like White had his arm in there with a possible chance at tugging the ball out but Hyde bumped into him, knocking him away but I can’t fault Hyde on that either.  They were all going for the ball.  It sucks, but it happens.