Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

7 minutes ago, tbonehawaii said:

Saying we got dunked on. Classy. It was a lucky catch. That’s why the call it a Hail Mary. Hyde almost knocked it down. The end. 

It wasn't lucky.  The player who wanted the ball more caught it.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It wasn't lucky.  The player who wanted the ball more caught it.

yup. That wasn’t a Hail Mary throwing the ball into a crowd with dumb luck. It was a jump ball and he won it fair and square. Hopefully a teaching moment and lesson learned in a non conference regular season game instead of in the playoffs. There will inevitably be a couple very close games against elite talents in January if we intend to make a run. I’d much rather be the team that comes up with those plays, instead of a team like the saints who have been eliminated on last minute plays almost every season for a decade. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Just blitz the Hail Mary passer. This will work every time.

I think I’ve said this about 18 times today and I’ve said if for years. If you blitz the ball cant get to the end zone 

I just watched that back. Tre was actually in really good position. Poyer comes in like a freight train and hits Tre instead of Hopkins. Knocks Tre completely out of the play. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

havent read all 10 pages of this thread, but I'm thinking one of our DBs--not White, who was in best position, but Hyde or Poyer should have pulled on his arm, before or after the ball got there.  Officials are taught not to throw flags on hail Marys.

they definitely can play very physical as an added layer to why I’m not buying the couple inch advantage. Between only needing to get a hand on it, and being able to rough him up there are a lot of plays to be made there. Our guys didn’t make the play today. It happens. Hopefully not often.

Just watched it back. I know we have a catch thread already but when I posted it merged with my previous reply. 

Did anyone else noticed Poyer come through like a freight train and knock Tre out of the way. He’s going for the ball but my gosh if he doesn’t get in the play or hits Hopkins like that Bills win. 
Not making Poyer out to be the problem. Just something I didn’t notice the first 5 times I saw the catch. 

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly tre couldn't have done much more.   He high pointed that perfect.  Beat by a phenomenal play. 

20201115_194526.jpg

honestly Hyde is probably better off playing through Hopkins body instead of trying to get over him. And poyer does clear out tre. It’s a tough spot though. 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

honestly Hyde is probably better off playing through Hopkins body instead of trying to get over him. And poyer does clear out tre. It’s a tough spot though. 

It Poyer or Hyde play through Hopkins I don’t think that gets called if it would’ve even been pass interference. 

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

It Poyer or Hyde play through Hopkins I don’t think that gets called if it would’ve even been pass interference. 

easier said than done and in that situation it’s chaos but if tre goes up one handed and then either safety takes the stance that an elite corner with position will at least redirect the ball so I’m going the break the guys ribs, or flip him completely I doubt that balls caught.

18 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

I think I’ve said this about 18 times today and I’ve said if for years. If you blitz the ball cant get to the end zone 

I just watched that back. Tre was actually in really good position. Poyer comes in like a freight train and hits Tre instead of Hopkins. Knocks Tre completely out of the play. 

I think you're right. Tre was ready to grab the ball but Poyer knocked him out. Goodness gracious...

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

Watch the fins pats finish when gronk missed the tackle.  

1.   With 11 seconds left you expect them to possibly try to pick up a quick 10 so they have more options so you keep base D out. 

2.   They still got pressure trying to force a quick throw.   They weren't playing a prevent staying st the goal line...which is the right call.  Be aggressive.  

3.   We got beat by a fluke play with 3 of our best defenders right there.  Thats not a coaching issue.