Four Guys vs Hopkins

Irv

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

So commit pass interference!

Something tells me if they had, Squirrel Boy would have skipped in from the 1.

It was hard fought, the Cards made a play to win it.  Get rested up, get the defense patched up, and finish out the stretch run.  We all know our defense has been the weak link this year... I've been encouraged with how they've played since the KC loss, all things considered.

I've seen other questionable defenses get in shape and play three good games in the postseason... maybe ours will too!

Edited by Sandhill Mike

22 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly tre couldn't have done much more.   He high pointed that perfect.  Beat by a phenomenal play. 

20201115_194526.jpg

I noticed on the replays Poyer really had his eye on the guy in front of him who was at the 5-10 yard line so he basically was very late and didn’t get there in time. So basically this left 2 to jump w Hopkins. That’s just a great player making a play. Something we saw Diggs doing a minute earlier..

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1

Watch the play. White was there and got outjumped.  I don't think White was going for the INT and there is no way to tell anyways as the ball was above his outstretched hands.  Poyer and Hyde came a fraction of a second too late. They were not in position to make a play om the ball the moment it was caught. They could have dislodged the ball though.  It was an incredible play and sometimes you just have to tip your hat to them.  

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Actually a great point that I didn’t even consider. I remember seeing Moulds deep in similar situations. Why not?

Fair point but do we really trust Gabe Davis or Dawson Knox of all people more than our actual defenders ? Belichick loved putting Gronk on D, and it actually bit him a few times. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Fair point but do we really trust Gabe Davis or Dawson Knox of all people more than our actual defenders ? Belichick loved putting Gronk on, and it actually bit him a few times. 

Yeah it's a weird play so you may be right. I'm still racking my brain now to even remember if it was actually Moulds, but I swear I remember us putting wide receivers in the secondary on hail mary plays in the past. Hopkins is the best. If your guys are all short it's not a terrible idea.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Locomark said:

I noticed on the replays Poyer really had his eye on the guy in front of him who was at the 5-10 yard line so he basically was very late and didn’t get there in time. So basically this left 2 to jump w Hopkins. That’s just a great player making a play. Something we saw Diggs doing a minute earlier..

Good analysis. Poyer should have just crashed into Hopkins instead of jumping for the ball.  

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Fair point but do we really trust Gabe Davis or Dawson Knox of all people more than our actual defenders ? Belichick loved putting Gronk on D, and it actually bit him a few times. 

In jump ball situations, I 100% trust Allen or whoever to stop Hopkins. Way more than White. 

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah it's a weird play so you may be right. I'm still racking my brain now to even remember if it was actually Moulds, but I swear I remember us putting wide receivers in the secondary on hail mary plays in the past. Hopkins is the best. If your guys are all short it's not a terrible idea.

I like that idea with a tall experienced/elite WR. I think it might have been Moulds, and I’d definitely trust him out there. I’m just not sure if a youngster like Davis might not be more of a liability for PI calls and the like. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The guy who absolutely made this play is Kyler Murray and no one is really talking about him! 

He threw a jump ball.  Nice throw but when a receiver makes a catch in triple coverage against great pass defenders, the receiver made the play.  

I don't blame the DBs. You aren't going to out jump DeAndre Hopkins and they can't interfere with him. They made it so that only a perfect throw and catch would have been a TD. The play is on Addison for getting greedy and diving at Murray instead of pursuing him and making it impossible to get off a good throw.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Watch the play. White was there and got outjumped.  I don't think White was going for the INT and there is no way to tell anyways as the ball was above his outstretched hands.  Poyer and Hyde came a fraction of a second too late. They were not in position to make a play om the ball the moment it was caught. They could have dislodged the ball though.  It was an incredible play and sometimes you just have to tip your hat to them.  

He was outjumped because hopkins is a lot taller and has a huge wingspan. Can’t do much about that.

8 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I noticed on the replays Poyer really had his eye on the guy in front of him who was at the 5-10 yard line so he basically was very late and didn’t get there in time. So basically this left 2 to jump w Hopkins. That’s just a great player making a play. Something we saw Diggs doing a minute earlier..

Whites hands are higher then Hopkins in this pick. Hyde and Poyer are trying to knock it down, you can tell because they have one hand in the air trying to get more reach. White is clearly going for the pick. Just saying. That’s my opinion.