Week 10 Postgame Thread: Bills at Cardinals 4:05 pm EST on CBS

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

There’s a pretty large group of fans who hate the Bills. Find our fans to be obnoxious and the team/players to be insufferable. 

There was a fan poll that said Josh was one of the top 3 (I think) biggest whiners in the NFL. McDermott was also top 3 amongst coaches and the Bills overall were polled pretty high there as well. 

It is what it is... people also know Tua from Alabama and he’s the trendy QB to like... all they’ve been told for 3 years is Josh sucks... so they want to make fun of him when he comes up short. 

Which is totally weird to me because most people seldom watch the Bills - I can count our appearances in a national game in the last 10 years without taking off my right mitten.

I’m not disbelieving you if you feel you have reason to believe that, and I know about the poll, I just find it strange.

Josh does have the narrative and it’s amazing how it influences - they put up Josh’s and Murray’s stats side by side and talk as though Murray whupped us with his arm when their passing stats are pretty close.  

Oh well.  Let’s Piss everyone off and come back from the Bye and Win!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

Yes, he said he took the time out because he wanted to rest the pass rushers.  He also said that the players shouldn’t have tried to intercept the ball and he didn’t think that that play was going to be the last play of the game.

Re trying to intercept the ball, I think he is right. I know there is a debate over whether the players Could Have knocked the ball away or Not, but you wonder if they could have raked across Hop’s arms. Even tipping the ball would have helped.

42 minutes ago, Success said:

Can anyone explain why the nation is celebrating like the Bills are the Patriots and won 6 Super Bowls?

People are jubilant that we lost this game - far beyond just being excited about an amazing play in a neutral game.  It's weird.  We just got through decades of one of the worst decades-long fan experiences in the history of fandom.

I could be wrong but I think it has more to do with it being such a great play. I remember my family went nuts when Rogers connected on two Hail Mary passes in back-to-back years. By the way we were cheering, you would’ve thought we were Packers fans but we’re obviously not.

It sucks to be on the wrong end of it but it was an incredible play if you’re a fan of football.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wvbillsfan said:

We’ve lost to the

8-1 Chiefs 

6-3 titans (who had 16 days to prepare for a game)

6-3 Cardinals 

Wins against jets twice 

6-3 raiders 

6-3 Seahawks 

pats (finally) 

6-3 Dolphins

6-3 rams 

My gosh what a tough schedule. With the injuries we’ve had I’ll take 7-3 At the bye with the Chargers on deck 

I know, three weeks ago if you’d told most of this board we would beat NE and split the Seasnakes and Zona we would have been ecstatic.  Some were insisting we would lose all 3.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’m over it. Offense won the game... then a miracle happened. What can you do but say congrats. 

For the record, the defense played as well as you could have realistically expected them to play.  Except for one play, of course.  But we never take the lead with 37 seconds left to go if it wasn't for the defense.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The physics of the situation include that Nuk Hopkins has 4” of measured combine vertical leap and 2” of height on Tre’ White, 3” of vertical and 1” of height on Hyde.  The WR also has the advantage of practicing with Murray day in and day out and has a better idea of the ball’s arc and timing.  It’s really not a “heavy odds on your side” situation.

In addition, White and Hyde were both on the injury report for ankle injuries this week, with Hyde questionable going into the game.

The third guy, Poyer, possibly interfered with Tre White’s attempt to make a play - I need to watch different angles 

I think I heard that there have been 39 Hail Marys thrown and half of them win the game.  

If Mario Addison doesn’t fall down or dive at Murray or whatever he did, and if there is more or different pressure containing Murray in the pocket, the outcome might also be different.

The bottom line to me is what both Josh Allen and McDermott said - that it should never have come down to that play.

I don’t know. I think you’re reaching with all due respect sir. I do understand what you’re saying don’t get me wrong.

But If Murray throws that 10 times, I bet 9 times that play gets knocked down.

Theres a reason why it’s being called a “Hail Mary” all around the league right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

For the record, the defense played as well as you could have realistically expected them to play.  Except for one play, of course.  But we never take the lead with 37 seconds left to go if it wasn't for the defense.

I don’t agree that the defense played as well as one could have realistically expected them to play, nor that it was except for one play.

I do agree that the D gave us that opportunity to take the lead.

3 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

We’ve lost to the

8-1 Chiefs 

6-3 titans (who had 16 days to prepare for a game)

6-3 Cardinals 

Wins against jets twice 

6-3 raiders 

6-3 Seahawks 

pats (finally) 

6-3 Dolphins

6-3 rams 

My gosh what a tough schedule. With the injuries we’ve had I’ll take 7-3 At the bye with the Chargers on deck 

might be the toughest schedule the Bills have ever had, outside of the dumpster fire that occupies the Jersey swamp.

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know, three weeks ago if you’d told most of this board we would beat NE and split the Seasnakes and Zona we would have been ecstatic.  Some were insisting we would lose all 3.

It was a brutal schedule, bro!

All of our losses have come against six win teams. Of course, there are some that say that all the wins we have against 6 win teams doesn’t count. But the Dolphins are awesome by getting past the two win Chargers. 🙄

Four of our next six games our teams with below .500 records. Let’s go out and show them who we are.

Edited by BillsFan619

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don’t know. I think you’re reaching with all due respect sir. I do understand what you’re saying don’t get me wrong.

But If Murray throws that 10 times, I bet 9 times that play gets knocked down.

Theres a reason why it’s being called a “Hail Mary” all around the league right now.

I don’t really know what the statistics are but someone was saying that there aren’t that many thrown, but those that are are more successful than generally believed. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know - I’m sure it will come out.  

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

We had arguably our 3 best defenders, White, Hyde and Poyer,  in place to make a play and end he game. Murray and Hopkins just happened to make one of the best plays of the season to win the game. I just can’t be angry about that. It happens. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t really know what the statistics are but someone was saying that there aren’t that many thrown, but those that are are more successful than generally believed. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know - I’m sure it will come out.  

Fair enough. Maybe you’re right.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Which is totally weird to me because most people seldom watch the Bills - I can count our appearances in a national game in the last 10 years without taking off my right mitten.

I’m not disbelieving you if you feel you have reason to believe that, and I know about the poll, I just find it strange.

Josh does have the narrative and it’s amazing how it influences - they put up Josh’s and Murray’s stats side by side and talk as though Murray whupped us with his arm when their passing stats are pretty close.  

Oh well.  Let’s Piss everyone off and come back from the Bye and Win!

Oh yeah... and then the CBS panel must’ve had it in their script to gush about Murray at the half because well... his numbers were underwhelming and they spliced together some scrambles where he escaped sacks where he was going to lose 7-8 yards and instead lost 1-2 and then said how great he was. Then they flashed the stats and he had like 17 yards rushing... couldn’t help but chuckle. 

People need to wise up and realize the short little blurbs do a great job of telling the exact story the media wants you to know. 

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except if the pass was to the “corpse of Fitzgerald” 15 yds down the field and he trucks 10 yds and gets out of bounds, then we can hear that we should have covered Fitzgerald.  There were 11 seconds left.  If they are confident in their ability to get out of bounds, that’s 2 play territory.

I don’t think there’s a logical “except” about this situation. If you’re the Bills, you would have no problem with a completion to Fitz there. All it does it waste time and best case scenario is he gets out of bounds with enough time to take a shot at the end zone. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly. After every loss the sky is falling. But big picture we are in great shape. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1