Week 10 Postgame Thread: Bills at Cardinals 4:05 pm EST on CBS

53 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

One of your guys has to make that play though. It’s really as simple as that. 

There are a number of our guys who could have made a different play, then it doesn’t come down to a last-second Hail Mary.  It’s as simple as that.  

Earlier plays in the drive.  Being able to complete the pressure and not let him set and throw.  Etc.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ugh.   Can you try to accurately represent the viewpoints of people you disagree with?  If “we did all we could do and you are happy” is what you’re taking from what others are saying, I’m afraid the “echo chamber” may be in a different location than you infer.    

And since that’s a rather politicized term, choose another one next time, please.

I think I have.  Echo chamber also is an accurate description of the responses I have gotten from a couple of guys.

I think we should have defended the play better. Generic and some others think there is nothing that could have been done. We disagree.

In the process, I was called a troll after being a member here for two decades.  This discussion has reminded me why I hardly come by anymore after I used to spend hours here. Given that you are a moderator, you may want to consider that.

Be well.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Yep and that’s on the coaches.

There’s no need why you should have 2 guys so close to the corpse of Fitzgerald 15 yards down the field. The objective is to defend the end zone. 

Except if the pass was to the “corpse of Fitzgerald” 15 yds down the field and he trucks 10 yds and gets out of bounds, then we can hear that we should have covered Fitzgerald.  There were 11 seconds left.  If they are confident in their ability to get out of bounds, that’s 2 play territory.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There are a number of our guys who could have made a different play, then it doesn’t come down to a last-second Hail Mary.  It’s as simple as that.  

Earlier plays in the drive.  Being able to complete the pressure and not let him set and throw.  Etc.

For sure and I agree.

But at the end of the day the ball is in the air and you have 3 vs 1. One of those guys has to knock it down. You have heavy odds/physics on your side and one of those 3 have to make a play.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I think I have.  Echo chamber also is an accurate description of the responses I have gotten from a couple of guys.

I think we should have defended the play better. Generic and some others think there is nothing that could have been done. We disagree.

In the process, I was called a troll after being a member here for two decades.  This discussion has reminded me why I hardly come by anymore after I used to spend hours here. Given that you are a moderator, you may want to consider that.

Be well.

You were not called a troll, Peter.  You were told what you’re saying is “based on an inaccurate understanding of the situation and the rules of football to almost trolling levels”.  Not the same thing.  

I don’t think a “reasonable man” calls your response an accurate description of what people are saying, but it’s probably all of a piece with your belief that the above is the same thing as someone calling you a troll or saying hyou’re trolling.

Yes, we should have defended the play better but that does involve more than the DBs in the end zone.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

Mario Addison had him dead to rights and i don't think he ended up even touching him. That signing was a complete disaster. IMO, when coupled with replacing Lawson with him, i think it's Bean's worst since he's been GM. 

At worst Addison and Shaq are a wash...........Addison isn't exceptional by any means but he has more sacks and TFL's than Shaq and he also has played some of the Alexander role so he's had several passes defensed and has some positional versatility.

In Miami Shaq looks like the guy that played for Rex and then had his 5th year option turned down by Beane........not the guy who was playing his hardest for a contract last year.

If you think Shaq could do better against Murray you are likely wrong...............and the Fish are stuck with him until then because the dead cap next year would be over $10.5 M.

Addison's job isn't safe with his dead money only being $4M.

Far from Beane's worst move.  

Can anyone explain why the nation is celebrating like the Bills are the Patriots and won 6 Super Bowls?

People are jubilant that we lost this game - far beyond just being excited about an amazing play in a neutral game.  It's weird.  We just got through decades of one of the worst decades-long fan experiences in the history of fandom.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Addison whiffed on Murray (which many do) and didn't even really affect him... Many things go into a once in a lifetime play happening, we could have done much to prevent it, but sometimes there's an element of luck. It didn't bounce our way. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You were not called a troll, Peter.  You were told what you’re saying is “based on an inaccurate understanding of the situation and the rules of football to almost trolling levels”.  Not the same thing.  

I don’t think a “reasonable man” calls your response an accurate description of what people are saying, but it’s probably all of a piece with your belief that the above is the same thing as someone calling you a troll or saying hyou’re trolling.

Yes, we should have defended the play better but that does involve more than the DBs in the end zone.

It is funny how you took offense to the phrase "echo chamber" but not a peep about the use of the word "trolling."  

If someone criticized your knowledge of football "to almost trolling levels," I dare say you would have interpreted it the same way.

Again, as a moderator, you may want to consider why I (someone who became a member here at least 7 years* before you) hardly come by anymore.  

* I actually joined before then. The site was changed and the date that is now reflected is when the site was updated or changed.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Can anyone explain why the nation is celebrating like the Bills are the Patriots and won 6 Super Bowls?

People are jubilant that we lost this game - far beyond just being excited about an amazing play in a neutral game.  It's weird.  We just got through decades of one of the worst decades-long fan experiences in the history of fandom.

people probably want to keep us down and irrelevant. Want the losers to stay losers.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Because the national narrative of Josh being a bust and Kyler being the midget son of Zeus with stupid hair and a nose better suited for the face of a 2 year old is something the media enjoys?...

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Anyone hear what the players or McD had to say about that Hail Mary? 

Yes, he said he took the time out because he wanted to rest the pass rushers.  He also said that the players shouldn’t have tried to intercept the ball and he didn’t think that that play was going to be the last play of the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

There’s a pretty large group of fans who hate the Bills. Find our fans to be obnoxious and the team/players to be insufferable. 

There was a fan poll that said Josh was one of the top 3 (I think) biggest whiners in the NFL. McDermott was also top 3 amongst coaches and the Bills overall were polled pretty high there as well. 

It is what it is... people also know Tua from Alabama and he’s the trendy QB to like... all they’ve been told for 3 years is Josh sucks... so they want to make fun of him when he comes up short. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

For sure and I agree.

But at the end of the day the ball is in the air and you have 3 vs 1. One of those guys has to knock it down. You have heavy odds/physics on your side and one of those 3 have to make a play.

The physics of the situation include that Nuk Hopkins has 4” of measured combine vertical leap and 2” of height on Tre’ White, 3” of vertical and 1” of height on Hyde.  The WR also has the advantage of practicing with Murray day in and day out and has a better idea of the ball’s arc and timing.  It’s really not a “heavy odds on your side” situation.

In addition, White and Hyde were both on the injury report for ankle injuries this week, with Hyde questionable going into the game.

The third guy, Poyer, possibly interfered with Tre White’s attempt to make a play - I need to watch different angles 

I think I heard that there have been 39 Hail Marys thrown and half of them win the game.  

If Mario Addison doesn’t fall down or dive at Murray or whatever he did, and if there is more or different pressure containing Murray in the pocket, the outcome might also be different.

The bottom line to me is what both Josh Allen and McDermott said - that it should never have come down to that play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No one moved him off his spot or boxed out. Those plays are usually wild scrums and I can't remember if I've ever seen a penalty on one. The Bills didn't even touch him hardly. That was weak, he should have been stopped by any means. Also, why do teams give the QB so much time on Hail Mary's when that's exactly what they need? The prevent defense allowing them up the field in no time with no resistance whatsoever, setting them up for that play. Where were the tall guys in the end zone? A bunch of little dbs and Hopkins. Put a couple tall receivers back there. That was so ***** weak. Sickening. Embarrassing.

On the brighter side they are 7-3 and have a bye week to forget about that tragic ending. So predictable that the Bills get up by 14 and then start running into stacked boxes and stop scoring. Finish the ***** job next time.

We’ve lost to the

8-1 Chiefs 

6-3 titans (who had 16 days to prepare for a game)

6-3 Cardinals 

Wins against jets twice 

6-3 raiders 

6-3 Seahawks 

pats (finally) 

6-3 Dolphins

6-3 rams 

My gosh what a tough schedule. With the injuries we’ve had I’ll take 7-3 At the bye with the Chargers on deck 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Watched the replay for the first time, does poyer hold up due to 1. Trying to catch the ball 2. Not wanting a PI or 3. Not wanting to hit Tre?

Honestly looks like he didnt want to knock tre out of the way

He should have just drilled the entire bunch.