Week 10 Postgame Thread: Bills at Cardinals 4:05 pm EST on CBS

Just now, Peter said:

You and the other two can continue your echo chamber.

I am glad that you think that we did all we could do and you are happy.  I don't, and I am not.

God bless.

You can definitely be unhappy lol im not telling you you should be happy...I just took exception to your point about any of the dbs being able to win a jump ball over Hopkins simply because they are similar in height  and that they shouldve interfered with him...these points were both scientifically and factually inaccurate

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I have seen this play out before.... "Hey man we still have more wins than...."

"Hey man we still have the division lead"

"Hey man we still above .500"

"Hey we can still make a wildcard"

"If we don't win we are out of the playoffs"

That seems like the pattern.

39 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I have seen this play out before.... "Hey man we still have more wins than...."

"Hey man we still have the division lead"

"Hey man we still above .500"

"Hey we can still make a wildcard"

"If we don't win we are out of the playoffs"

That seems like the pattern.

I definitely see what you’re trying to say.

That said, for the last two decades it’s almost been the opposite. We’re usually barely hanging on for dear life for a wild card at this point. Right now, we have the upper hand and we still control our own destiny (after a hard loss) instead of relying on almost every other team losing.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You can definitely be unhappy lol im not telling you you should be happy...I just took exception to your point about any of the dbs being able to win a jump ball over Hopkins simply because they are similar in height  and that they shouldve interfered with him...these points were both scientifically and factually inaccurate

We disagree.  

Your moniker ("Generic") is appropriate.

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What should be brought up is that this team inexplicably went into the tank after building a 23-9 lead.

No lead is safe with this team is what is most troubling and will NEVER be a success if you want to venture into elite status.

They put up a stat that showed the Arizona Cardinals are 0-55-1 in games when down by 14 points or more.  Basically saying based on history, no way the Cards come back.  Well now they are 1-55-1.   When I see those kind of stats shown on the screen it always makes me cringe - like some bad juju just was let out into the universe. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

We disagree.  

Your moniker ("Generic") is appropriate.

Hopkins has 10+ inches on a jump ball over someone 2 inches shorter than him haha who is 'we'... this is just science and math and it is literally impossible to dispute 🤣 if you're saying we need some kind of equally freakish athlete of a DB to be able to stop that precise situation then sure let's go get em im on board

So does anyone think that was a planned Hail Mary?   Typically on a Hail Mary you send a few receivers to same spot in the end zone and bombs away.  

Murray bought time and lost time with the scramble.  He threw an incredible ball to Hopkins, the only Cardinal in sight.  

The throw was really incredible given the circumstances.  Murray knew not to run and not to throw to anyone else because his scramble took all the time.  

I just wonder if the call was to hit Hopkins deep and have him get out of bounds but the pressure and scramble led to the broken play end zone pass.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

If it takes a hail mary like that to win a game when we aren't having our best day out there, I can tip my hat and live with that play and it says some pretty good stuff about our team. The hail Mary is not the real issue.

The Bills are a good team mostly driven by excellent QB play but are missing elements that probably aren't going to be completely fixed this season but we should enjoy the ride.

You're right.  We've got a great qb even if he was off today. Great wrs. Mediocre RBS and no TE's. April's draft and FA will have to focus primarily on defense and TE.

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Why the insult? Come on, peter.

Insult?  I called his comments generic. That is tame.

The guy essentially called me a troll.  I have been a member here for two decades.  My "discussion" with him and a few others has reminded me why I hardly stop by anymore when I used to spend hours on here and was one of the most devoted members of TBD.

20 minutes ago, Peter said:

You and the other two can continue your echo chamber.

I am glad that you think that we did all we could do and you are happy.  I don't, and I am not.

God bless.

Ugh.   Can you try to accurately represent the viewpoints of people you disagree with?  If “we did all we could do and you are happy” is what you’re taking from what others are saying, I’m afraid the “echo chamber” may be in a different location than you infer.    

And since that’s a rather politicized term, choose another one next time, please.