Week 10 Postgame Thread: Bills at Cardinals 4:05 pm EST on CBS

27 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's something that's going to suck the most about this one, that was an incredible play and it's just going to get completely sidelined by Murray throwing up a wish.

Amazing throw and catch by Allen and Diggs, shame that wasn't the ending.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

C'mon

It's pretty widely known the defense can be pretty aggressive on the hail mary jump ball.  You don't have to agree for that to be true.

Poyer made the aggressive move but Tre White took the brunt if it basically knocking his hands out if the play.

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Can you realistically jam Hopkins at the line with one defender...you've gotta think it would take two right? Seems risky if he finds a way to beat those two guys... idk if thats something defenses actually try

I'd be OK with trying to bang the hell out of him for 8-10 yards and see if stripes has the stones to throw a flag for what would only be a 5yrd penalty and would still cost them 1 play on the clock.

• Thank you (+1) 1

sickening feeling at the end watching Hopkins catch that ball.....the 5 stages of grief for a sports fan........denial, anger, bargaining aka bitching about wouda coulda shouldas,  depression and finally acceptance. 

Im at depressed with a chaser of acceptance creeping in this loss hurt because I just really thought they had pulled off the miracle less than a minute before.

we Bills fans will rebound we always do its truly the agony of defeat though tonight Im not gonna lie. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

sickening feeling at the end watching Hopkins catch that ball.....the 5 stages of grief for a sports fan........denial, anger, bargaining aka bitching about wouda coulda shouldas,  depression and finally acceptance. 

Im at depressed with a chaser of acceptance creeping in this loss hurt because I just really thought they had pulled off the miracle less than a minute before.

we Bills fans will rebound we always do its truly the agony of defeat though tonight Im not gonna lie. 

bro I've been depressed since the completion. I've been depressed since the Texans playoff game. I skip all the other stages apparently lol

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

75 yards in 32 seconds, gotta love the prevent defense.

Reminds me of the prevent offense in the second half, with exception of the TD drive at the end

Edited by Do The Reich Thing

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

I don't disagree. Losing sucks but it's good to have a sense of humor. The Bills are 7-3 going into the bye. ***** like tonight shouldn't happen because you never let him catch that ball no matter what. But it happened, I'm glad they have an extra week to get over it. The Bills are pretty good and moving in the right direction I think. Way too soft at the end tonight and they should have continued pushing the ball downfield when they were up 2 scores and cruising. They ran into stacked boxes instead, should have buried them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

bro I've been depressed since the completion. I've been depressed since the Texans playoff game. I skip all the other stages apparently lol

Reminds me of the prevent offense in the second half, with exception of the TD drive at the end

I know what you mean about the 2nd half prevent offense. Should have been going for the kill and burying their hope, instead they wasted possessions and plays running straight into stacked boxes. They knew how McD would play it with a 2 score lead and dared us to throw vertical, Bills instead played into their hands. 

The unbelievably soft D after what should have been the winning TD was absolutely pathetic. That last play was embarrassing, nobody harassed, pushed with the body, I don't think anyone even hit him. You cannot let him catch that, it's not that hard. I'd move him. This team seems to be lacking aggression.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I know what you mean about the 2nd half prevent offense. Should have been going for the kill and burying their hope, instead they wasted possessions and plays running straight into stacked boxes. They knew how McD would play it with a 2 score lead and dared us to throw vertical, Bills instead played into their hands. 

The unbelievably soft D after what should have been the winning TD was absolutely pathetic. That last play was embarrassing, nobody harassed, pushed with the body, I don't think anyone even hit him. You cannot let him catch that, it's not that hard. I'd move him. This team seems to be lacking aggression.

Bingo. The team echoes McD, which is great in a lot of aspects, but bad in this. I remember when Schwartz was the DC in a game (can’t recall the opponent. Packers or Miami?) the team had a Hail Mary shot and he blitzed 6 so the QB wouldn’t have enough time to get it down the field. Sure enough it was a sack and game over. 

Addison actually beat his man and was on Kyler, but he dove at him like an oaf instead of staying on his feet to contain him so he couldn’t get set and throw the ball. 

The big difference between the Bills and Miami right now is Miami keeps going for it when they get a lead. They play fearless, not fearful like the Bills. We were up 23-9 in the 3rd quarter. The game should’ve been over. Instead they dropped into a conservative shell, which we’ve seen them do 9x out of 10 under McD. It’s freaking embarrassing and it’s going to really bite us in a critical playoff game one year.

*edit: it already did in last year’s*

Happy to be 7-3, but this one hurts and it’s going to hurt all two weeks until they play again. McD needs to find his nuts in the bye week too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Bingo. The team echoes McD, which is great in a lot of aspects, but bad in this. I remember when Schwartz was the DC in a game (can’t recall the opponent. Packers or Miami?) the team had a Hail Mary shot and he blitzed 6 so the QB wouldn’t have enough time to get it down the field. Sure enough it was a sack and game over. 

Addison actually beat his man and was on Kyler, but he dove at him like an oaf instead of staying on his feet to contain him so he couldn’t get set and throw the ball. 

The big difference between the Bills and Miami right now is Miami keeps going for it when they get a lead. They play fearless, not fearful like the Bills. We were up 23-9 in the 3rd quarter. The game should’ve been over. Instead they dropped into a conservative shell, which we’ve seen them do 9x out of 10 under McD. It’s freaking embarrassing and it’s going to really bite us in a critical playoff game one year.

*edit: it already did in last year’s*

Happy to be 7-3, but this one hurts and it’s going to hurt all two weeks until they play again. McD needs to find his nuts in the bye week too. 

I agree, feeling good about 7-3 and an extra week to get over that disastrophy of an ending. If you are gonna be one of the best teams you can't let one game derail your ambition.

I also agree that it is embarrassing when they play not to lose instead of playing to win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I agree, feeling good about 7-3 and an extra week to get over that disastrophy of an ending. If you are gonna be one of the best teams you can't let one game derail your ambition.

I also agree that it is embarrassing when they play not to lose instead of playing to win. 

It worries me because it’s becoming increasingly repetitive under this tenure. Hopefully this bye week comes with a lot of self-reflection for this coaching staff. 

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

So does anyone think that was a planned Hail Mary?   Typically on a Hail Mary you send a few receivers to same spot in the end zone and bombs away.  

Murray bought time and lost time with the scramble.  He threw an incredible ball to Hopkins, the only Cardinal in sight.  

The throw was really incredible given the circumstances.  Murray knew not to run and not to throw to anyone else because his scramble took all the time.  

I just wonder if the call was to hit Hopkins deep and have him get out of bounds but the pressure and scramble led to the broken play end zone pass.  

I don't.

I think it just kind of turned out that way.

Cards had 3 WRs to the right and Hopkins on the left.  The dudes on the right ran 10-30 yards down field close to the side lines. Hopkins ran up the side line and stopped around the 20. I think he saw Murray scrambling and did the scramble drill thing and went long.  Murray saw him and just heaved it deep and Hopkins did the rest.

Doesn't seem like a planned Hail Mary to have only one WR in the EZ

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Success said:

Can anyone explain why the nation is celebrating like the Bills are the Patriots and won 6 Super Bowls?

People are jubilant that we lost this game - far beyond just being excited about an amazing play in a neutral game.  It's weird.  We just got through decades of one of the worst decades-long fan experiences in the history of fandom.

The Cardinals are an easy team for people to root for.  They really haven't done much in their history but one Superbowl loss.  The D Hopkins trade will go down as one of the worst of all time and this just validates it.  O'Brien is a dislikeable figure.  God this game sucked.  We really haven't experienced a range of emotions like that since the MCM.

Edited by Doc Brown

I haven’t read this thread because I know how many of our members will be in total meltdown sky-is-falling mode.

In no way do I think it’s good we lost the game, especially in the manner we did. That stings bad.

But, in the long run, maybe this type of gut wrenching defeat helps us out. That’s a nasty, bitter feeling we and the team get to enjoy for the next two weeks. I expect our team to play hungry and angry after the bye. I think this is going to give them a nasty edge we’ve been lacking. It sucks to lose, but getting humbled right before the stretch run may have some unintended positive effects.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

The division is tied just like that 

Reich, no it’s not.  We are 7-3, and the Fins are 6-3.  They need to win this week to tie it up.  We also have the Chargers and the beaten up 49ers the two weeks after the bye.  For the Niners, we should have Milano back.  The sky isn’t falling.  We just suffered a tough nail biting loss to the best division in the NFL and the best team in that division currently.  We were winning that game most of the game, and were winning again until the very last second of the game.  Everyone hates losing, but it’s not like how the Bengals just we’re crushed by the Steelers yesterday or for that matter the panthers in their division to the Bucs.  The Bucs came off a horrible loss to the Saints, and crushed the Panthers.  In two weeks, we could end up crushing the next two opponents.

Turn that frown upside down mister.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Remaining schedule:

Vs. Chargers

@ 49ers

Vs. Steelers

@ Broncos

@ Patriots

Vs. Dolphins

Think the floor is 4-2 in that stretch but 5-1 is likely. That Steelers game is interesting

For Dolphins:

@Broncos

@ Jets

Vs. Bengals

Vs. Chiefs

Vs. Patriots

@Raiders

@Bills

Kind of seeing them going 4-3 or 5-2

If the Bills beat NE then the Bills will have the tie breaker

Sometimes, crazy things happen in games. That was a wild game between two very good teams. Look at how great that drive was by Allen after the Bills blew the lead. He's definitely a resilient QB who can deliver in the clutch. Some great catches by Beasley and then Diggs on that TD. 

The Cards basically pulled off a miracle. It happens. Murray had like no room when he threw that. It was just a fluky play. Not sure why nobody tried to get in front and knock it down. White is a great cover guy. So yeah. Hopkins outleaped all three guys to catch it. A great play. But someone should've knocked it out. 

I think the Bills will be fine. A tough way to lose for sure. But they are a legit threat to Chiefs and Steelers. I still feel they win the division. They'll bounce back. The bye week comes at a perfect time. 

There's still a lot to like about them. They're never out of a game. Very good offense led by dual threat Allen and the amazing Diggs. Plus Brown and Beasley. I do wonder if being able to run it more with Singletary would help. Defense struggles to stop the run. But has guys out still. 

They have a shot to do something in January.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1