Week 10 Postgame Thread: Bills at Cardinals 4:05 pm EST on CBS

For those who appear to be unaware:

First, Belichick, like everyone you ask, brought up Hopkins' hands. They're arguably the strongest in the league and they're long. He wears size XXXXL gloves. ... He's been told he has a wingspan of a person who is 6-8 or 6-9.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/anatomy-of-nfl-s-wr1-what-makes-deandre-hopkins-great-0ap3000001007648

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I am glad that you are not upset that we could not defend someone who was triple covered.

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I am glad that you are not upset that we could not defend someone who was triple covered.

For those who appear to be unaware:

First, Belichick, like everyone you ask, brought up Hopkins' hands. They're arguably the strongest in the league and they're long. He wears size XXXXL gloves. ... He's been told he has a wingspan of a person who is 6-8 or 6-9.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/anatomy-of-nfl-s-wr1-what-makes-deandre-hopkins-great-0ap3000001007648

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Its not as bitter or as important as a game but to lose that way just touched on the "homerun throwback" part of my memory. I got a taste for a few minutes on how I felt right after the Titans scored on that fluke play 20 years ago. Its still an awful memory.

Definitely not as bad but same here, bro! I could just feel my body drain of energy.

Edited by BillsFan619

Knox is close to losing me.  He had a huge momentum turning penalty late in the 3rd quarter today.  After Arizona had cut the Bills lead to 23 -19 we had a nice drive going.  On 2nd & 10 from midfield the Cards were off sides and Allen makes a great throw out to Singleterry on the free play.  Motor takes it 20 yards to the 30 but at the very end Knox holds negating the big play and the offside.  On the next play Allen throws the INT.

There was no reason for Knox to grab anyone at that point.  The play was over. 

Another bad penalty was the holding when Allen converted the 3rd & 23 with a 24 yard strike to Brown.  To lose that conversion because of a lazy hold by a guard was disgusting.

Now the Bills have to get healthy over the break.  To win the division they need to beat both the Dolphins & Patriots and then win 2 of the 3 games against SF, Denver & LA.  They finish 11 - 5 and are AFC East champs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I didn't over look it. I was appalled, as I am with almost all of McDermott's timeouts.

It didn't save them time, because it was right after Fitz had stepped out of bounds. What it did was allow a frazzled QB, who had just run for his life and barely got the pass off to Fitz, time to regroup, allowed the Cards coaches more time to organize the hail mary, etc., etc.

Our HC is a LIABILITY on the sidelines on game day. It's time we faced up to that. But more importantly, it's time HE FACED UP TO IT!!

I was speaking on timeout the Bills called on offense with about 40 seconds left. 

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

If three guys cannot make a play on that Hail Mary . . . we are in trouble.

You can continue to make excuses.

You said earlier (what do you them to do, tackle the guy) - that would have been better than letting him score. You unintentionally solved the "mystery" if our three guys could not defend the play.  Thanks.

Lol if you are 100% sure Hopkins is gonna high point a ball out of the air and hold onto it for a td then go ahead and interfere with him and give the cardinals the ball on the one yard line sure.  But theres no way to know that while the ball is in the air! A PI there would have been the most boneheaded penalty in bills history and this board would've exploded 🤣 every team should just forfeit right now and give the super bowl to the cardinals if your bar for a team being good is being able to knock down a perfectly thrown jump ball to deandre Hopkins 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Success said:

Toss up game.  

Some would say we got away w/ a few ourselves (Rams, Pats).  It kind of evens out.

Hate losing on a hail mary, but that's football.  This is a test for a young team w/ tons of promise - how they react to it is literally everything.

I’m dead inside but not mad about it. What can you do about that ending, hopefully it’s a lesson going forward 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol if you are 100% sure Hopkins is gonna high point a ball out of the air and hold onto it for a td then go ahead and interfere with him and give the cardinals the ball on the one yard line sure.  But theres no way to know that while the ball is in the air! A PI there would have been the most boneheaded penalty in bills history and this board would've exploded 🤣 every team should just forfeit right now and give the super bowl to the cardinals if your bar for a team being good is being able to knock down a perfectly thrown jump ball to deandre Hopkins 

If you cannot get to the ball while in the air, grab his arms so he cannot catch the ball. That would have been better than losing the game.

But hey, you and a couple of others continue to say that there was nothing the Bills could do . . . that is wonderful . . . for you.

Just now, Peter said:

If you cannot get to the ball while in the air, grab his arms so he cannot catch the ball. That would have been better than losing the game.

But hey, you and a couple of others continue to say that there was nothing the Bills could do . . . that is wonderful . . . for you.

But what you're saying is based on a completely inaccurate analysis of the situation and rules of football to almost trolling levels lol the odds of Hopkins coming down with that pass while its in the air are quite low still despite him being the only one in position to catch it...the odds the cardinals score from the 1 yard line after the pass interference wouldve been MUCH higher..wouldve been probably the worst pass interference in nfl history and thats not even hyperbole 

• Like (+1) 2

I watched most of the first half, and then came back in right as we were driving for the go ahead... Talk about an emotional rollercoaster. 

Interesting thought I had... for 3 years we've relied on one of 3 guys to make a play when we needed it: Poyer, Hyde, and White... Our offense has often come up short and one of those three has bailed them out. Regardless of what the offense did in the rest of the game, it was a strange turn in the last two minutes to see the offense do the job and those three come up short. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Too many guys aggressively defending intermediate area.

Yep and that’s on the coaches.

There’s no need why you should have 2 guys so close to the corpse of Fitzgerald 15 yards down the field. The objective is to defend the end zone. 

• Like (+1) 1

Okay...it's a painful loss, no doubt.  More painful for the players I suspect.  I actually was more concerned about this game than Seattle...mostly because of Kyler Murray's mobility.  I became even more concerned with all the players out due to covid and the Cards getting more healthy in their secondary while we suddenly lost a good chunk of our own.   An injured Bills team lost a very close game.  Bills made untimely mistakes on offense and the D gave up a lucky play at the end...made by a great WR with more height and stronger hands than our DBs.  It hurts but it's not the end of the world.

• Like (+1) 1

If it takes a hail mary like that to win a game when we aren't having our best day out there, I can tip my hat and live with that play and it says some pretty good stuff about our team. The hail Mary is not the real issue.

The Bills are a good team mostly driven by excellent QB play but are missing elements that probably aren't going to be completely fixed this season but we should enjoy the ride.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

But what you're saying is based on a completely inaccurate analysis of the situation and rules of football to almost trolling levels lol the odds of Hopkins coming down with that pass while its in the air are quite low still despite him being the only one in position to catch it...the odds the cardinals score from the 1 yard line after the pass interference wouldve been MUCH higher..wouldve been probably the worst pass interference in nfl history and thats not even hyperbole 

You and the other two can continue your echo chamber.

I am glad that you think that we did all we could do and you are happy.  I don't, and I am not.

God bless.