Week 10 Postgame Thread: Bills at Cardinals 4:05 pm EST on CBS

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How...tackle the dude in the end zone? Lol give them an untimed down on the 1 yard line when you aren't 100% sure hes gonna come down with it when the ball is in the air?

The best option would have been to defend the freaking play.

Failing that, what you suggest would have been better off than letting the guy score on the play.

Hopkins wanted it more than our guys and he made the play. We did not. We lost.

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Hopkins was tripled covered on a Hail Mary.  If we (including our all pro CB) cannot defend that play . . . we are in trouble. 

No one couldve defended that play...Murray could have 99 more shots at that throw and he ain't making it.  It was literally perfection only Hopkins is catching that 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Failing that, what you suggest would have been better off than letting the guy score on the play.

That's literally what they did. Hopkins outmuscled them. 

19 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That's literally what they did. Hopkins outmuscled them. 

He definitely wanted it more.

The PI would have been better than letting him score.

Edited by Peter

On a different note, I'm ready to be done with Knox. He's good for a couple catches, but between the terrible blocking, horrific block in the back penalty, drops, and so on he's definitely not the guy going forward. Need Kroft back. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Like (+1) 1

I am as stunned and traumatized as everyone else about the end of that game. It was a one in 1000 play and they happen to pull it off. I really don’t care who was taller than who. It was a great play by Hopkins and a great throw by Murray. I just can’t interpret this ending as indicative of some imminent collapse. That’s what a lot of posters said after they lost to Kansas City and Tennessee and look what happened. I really don’t think this team is a house of cards. I have no worries about their psychesI still like how this season is going.. A beat down by Arizona would’ve been more worrisome along those lines.I still like how this season is going.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

No one couldve defended that play...Murray could have 99 more shots at that throw and he ain't making it.  It was literally perfection only Hopkins is catching that 

If three guys cannot make a play on that Hail Mary . . . we are in trouble.

You can continue to make excuses.

You said earlier (what do you want them to do, tackle the guy) - that would have been better than letting him score. You unintentionally solved the "mystery" if our three guys could not defend the play.  Thanks.

Edited by Peter

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

He is taller. And he is the best receiver in the NFL. 

Just now, Peter said:

If three guys cannot make a play on that Hail Mary . . . we are in trouble.

You can continue to make excuses.

You said earlier (what do you them to do, tackle the guy) - that would have been better than letting him score. You unintentionally solved the "mystery" if our three guys could not defend the play.  Thanks.

Again, he is the best receiver in the league. Great players make great plays. Hats off.

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

On a different note, I'm ready to be done with Knox. He's good for a couple catches, but between the terrible blocking, horrific block in the back penalty, drops, and so on he's definitely not the guy going forward. Need Knox back. 

Angry Run has just about worn out his welcome.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I'm beginning to see why you never post after Bills wins. 

I hardly ever post anymore.

I used to spend hours on here and joined many, many years ago.  You are reminding me why I hardly ever post or stop by anymore.  

God bless.

Edited by Peter

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He is taller. And he is the best receiver in the NFL. 

Again, he is the best receiver in the league. Great players make great plays. Hats off.

I am glad that you are not upset that we could not defend someone who was triple covered.

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

It will be over looked unnecessary time out on last possession saved them time

I didn't over look it. I was appalled, as I am with almost all of McDermott's timeouts.

It didn't save them time, because it was right after Fitz had stepped out of bounds. What it did was allow a frazzled QB, who had just run for his life and barely got the pass off to Fitz, time to regroup, allowed the Cards coaches more time to organize the hail mary, etc., etc.

Our HC is a LIABILITY on the sidelines on game day. It's time we faced up to that. But more importantly, it's time HE FACED UP TO IT!!

• Like (+1) 2