Week 10 Postgame Thread: Bills at Cardinals 4:05 pm EST on CBS

Just now, Bob in STL said:

No.  It actually does not.  

The odds of blowing a 4 point lead with 34 seconds left with the ball on your 25 is much, much , much less than .5.  

Coming down to a Completed Hail Mary passes - that does even happen once per season.  

We had 3 guys at the ball and no one made a play on the biggest play of the game. 

I was just guessing, but so be it.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

not really.  We send more guys, we have Murray down, not just surrounded.  One of our DB's, including our 20 million CB makes a freaking play that is routine and we win.  What else could we have done?  Taken a better angle on the ball and knocked it down.    Also, we put a WR back there, we win.  

Come on! This is an emotional and ridiculous take. Did you see Poyer come in and run into our 20 million dollar QB. Nothing wrong with the defense there outside of not making the play. The pressure was there and Murray was flushed to the opposite side of his throwing arm. 

The odds of blowing a 4 point lead with 34 seconds left with the ball on your 25 is much, much , much less than .5.  

Coming down to a Completed Hail Mary passes - that does even happen once per season.  

We had 3 guys at the ball and no one made a play on the biggest play of the game. 

I mean, we all need to watch it again.

There really isn't much any of them could do. They were all right there - it was actually perfect coverage.

3 minutes ago, 97bills said:

I think i would of called one of BB plays and have two guys in Hopkins face on the line and not let him off. He’s the only guy that can make that play for them whites hand we’re at Hopkins chest when they jumped for the ball his not that guy to jump which Hopkins 

I would like to see Gabe Davis out there.  He is tall and plays physical

Actually someone DID make a play. One of the best WR's in the league.

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

On the way down from DeAndre hopkins though who has two hands on it...its a tough task for sure

The throw was absolutely perfect somehow thats the mind-blowing part for me...an inch higher and its out of his reach and an inch lower it gets swatted

My take on this is, when we talk about a throw being perfect i.e. exactly where it needed to be - on a hail Mary, that is a lucky throw, plain and simple.  No way does the QB know when he heaves it that it is going to land in that perfect place where only his guy is going to be able to get it.  These type plays are so sensational simply because the odds of that happening are so low.  I just don't give too much credit to the QB - he got lucky.  The receiver though does deserves credit for staying focused on the ball, jumping at just the right time, and bringing it down in heavy traffic.  

• Like (+1) 2

No joke Hulu (I have the live streaming service) cut out for the 10th time and all I saw was Hopkins running out of the back of the end zone with a TD.  First post here now because I've been sending Hulu hate emails for the last 10 minutes.

ps When I say cut out I mean Hulu puts up a blue screen that says the channel is unavailable and then it comes back a minute later.  It's not my internet.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Iverwig said:

Come on! This is an emotional and ridiculous take. Did you see Poyer come in and run into our 20 million dollar QB. Nothing wrong with the defense there outside of not making the play. The pressure was there and Murray was flushed to the opposite side of his throwing arm. 

it's really not.  Your take seems to be a homer-type take.  If Poyer actually ran into White, then that is an issue of situational awareness.  I also think we should have had a WR there and sent more people.  When you blitz, Murray would have had less time and would not have made that throw, period.  We are lucky we got any pressure there.  Just a terrible play call on D.  

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

What are they gonna grow 4 inches mid play lol the throw was absurdly lucky 

• Sad 1

Can someone tell me why Singletary was flagged for the personal foul? I was at the game and sitting right there, he didn’t do anything 🤷‍♂️

it's really not.  Your take seems to be a homer-type take.  If Poyer actually ran into White, then that is an issue of situational awareness.  I also think we should have had a WR there and sent more people.  When you blitz, Murray would have had less time and would not have made that throw, period.  We are lucky we got any pressure there.  Just a terrible play call on D.  

No, just a great catch, I was sitting right there, Hopkins made a hell of a catch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Remember when gronk blew a tackle on a Miami kickoff return with no time left...