"it takes 2, sometimes 3 guys to get their jerseys on"

Nice little interest piece about the Bills equipment staff prepping the Bills players jerseys and pads.  They set them up then pack them in bags to travel.  They use towels to separate the jerseys and pads because the DBs and WR have velcro to hold their jerseys tight.  One of them handles offense, the other defense, helping the players get dressed and get everything just right on gameday.

OK, cool info.

"Mostly we do it by ourselves, but some of the guys like Micah, Tre White, and Diggs especially like theirs a little tighter so it takes two or sometimes three guys to get their jerseys on"  👀👀👀

Am I the only one who didn't know that some NFL players like their jerseys so tight over their pads that it literally takes 3 grown men to help them suit up for a game?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to "it takes 2, sometimes 3 guys to get their jerseys on"
1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nice little interest piece about the Bills equipment staff prepping the Bills players jerseys and pads.  They set them up then pack them in bags to travel.  They use towels to separate the jerseys and pads because the DBs and WR have velcro to hold their jerseys tight.  One of them handles offense, the other defense, helping the players get dressed and get everything just right on gameday.

OK, cool info.

"Mostly we do it by ourselves, but some of the guys like Micah, Tre White, and Diggs especially like theirs a little tighter so it takes two or sometimes three guys to get their jerseys on"  👀👀👀

Am I the only one who didn't know that some NFL players like their jerseys so tight over their pads that it literally takes 3 grown men to help them suit up for a game?

Tight jerseys have been in for decades, a lot easier to get a hold of a loose jersey than the tight ones they wear.

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, cool info.

It would usually take me sometimes two teammates to get my jersey over my shoulder pads

I liked a tight Jersey to as a running back, because you had less to grab

The tighter the jersey the harder it is for the defensive to grab it, makes whichever player in effect more slippery. 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It would usually take me sometimes two teammates to get my jersey over my shoulder pads

I liked a tight Jersey to as a running back, because you had less to grab

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

And yet there are guys with 2 foot long manes or rhino turd tails like Derrick Henry giving defenders something legal to horse collar them with.

So this is a good point @Buffalo716, what's up with having a super-tight jersey then sporting a long mane or a "tail"?

• Like (+1) 1

I never got the super-tight jersey. I get the extra cloth flapping around being an extra latch for a defender to snag, but have you ever felt a game-worn jersey? Even after warm-ups, these things are soaked and stretch with ease. Notice they mention it takes 2-3 guys to get them on, but almost always can get it off with no trouble. 

in college, I had a few teammates who went the super-tight route and some who just didn’t care. I don’t think there is any measurable or meaningful difference in the results of any given play. 

I mean, by the time the game starts, is all wet and elasticy anyways 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So this is a good point @Buffalo716, what's up with having a super-tight jersey then sporting a long mane or a "tail"?

I honestly can't tell you. I've never been a fan of it

I'm not even knocking it as a hairstyle, I just never understood it for a running back or wide receiver

First it's giving you something more to grab onto, and tackle you by legally. Secondly getting whipped around by your hair really hurts

This is strictly my opinion, and I have no facts to back it up with. But a lot of players in the NFL are Christian, especially African Americans

An iconic biblical character is Samson, who was blessed by God, and he had  unworldly strength, which was given to him by God

As long as he kept his covenant and never cut his hair

In my opinion it could be paying homage to God like how Samson did. But this is strictly my opinion

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tight jerseys have been in for decades, a lot easier to get a hold of a loose jersey than the tight ones they wear.

I remember years ago watching one of the players in the locker room using double sided tape to keep his Jersey tight olinemen couldn’t hold him, I want to say it was Smerlas. But I was really young. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I honestly can't tell you. I've never been a fan of it

I'm not even knocking it as a hairstyle, I just never understood it for a running back or wide receiver

First it's giving you something more to grab onto, and tackle you by legally. Secondly getting whipped around by your hair really hurts

This is strictly my opinion, and I have no facts to back it up with. But a lot of players in the NFL are Christian, especially African Americans

An iconic biblical character is Samson, who was blessed by God, and he had  unworldly strength, which was given to him by God

As long as he kept his covenant and never cut his hair

In my opinion it could be paying homage to God like how Samson did. But this is strictly my opinion

*nods* the Nasirite vow or something similar.

I knew a black woman who swore it for her son.  Caused confliction with her Lebanese babydaddy.  Interestingly, Family Court in NYC sided with her and ordered him to respect it.  The bailiff told her it is fairly common.  She thought it was some obscure Jamaican thing from her parents.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One serves a valid purpose, the other is puffery and ego. 

50 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

A fine example of puffery and ego coming pack to bite you in the arse,  if I do say so my self... 😁

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I believe they changed the rules and you can’t grab a guy’s hair now. 

I don't see how they could reasonably enforce that. 

I remember it was discussed a couple years back, but I don't think it went anywhere.  Basically, the NFL can't regulate hair length, and if you have hair hanging down it's not reasonable to expect a defender to gently insert his hand beneath the hair to grasp the jersey while rolling at NFL speed.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't see how they could reasonably enforce that. 

I remember it was discussed a couple years back, but I don't think it went anywhere.  Basically, the NFL can't regulate hair length, and if you have hair hanging down it's not reasonable to expect a defender to gently insert his hand beneath the hair to grasp the jersey while rolling at NFL speed.

You’re right. When they talked about in 2018, I remember hearing it was a done deal. Apparently, not! 

I do suspect there is an unwritten rule in the NFL about it, as you rarely see hair pulls.