Looks like we're shorthanded tomorrow - Covid-19

QB Bills

9 hours ago, Estro said:

This will make the win even that much sweeter.

Man Josh Norman has really cost the Bills this year.  Next to nothing as far as contributing on the field.....and now taking out starters and contributors in a big game.  Maybe not his fault, but also not entirely not his fault either.  

Josh Norman's highlight was getting pancaked by Henry.  I love the idea of seeing Dane all day. This is going to be 42-35 Bills. 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh Norman's highlight was getting pancaked by Henry.  I love the idea of seeing Dane all day. This is going to be 42-35 Bills. 

Oh, C'mon now.  You know this play "sealed the deal" against the Raiders.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/derrick-henry-s-best-runs-from-103-yard-game-week-10

I'm not so concerned about Norman, though, on the "don't miss what you haven''t had" principle.

Nothing against Dane, I think he's a good player, but Wallace does have more experience, and if Hyde can't go, Marlow is more proven.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Nitro said:

LB Darron Lee, CB Daryl Worley, WR Jake Kumerow, S Josh Thomas and CB Dane Jackson are not scrubs.  I think the impact will not be that great.

jackson looks not bad but worley is kinda terrible. Let’s hope you’re right. Marlowe gone is an underrated loss, even if he only plays around 25% of snaps normally.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he knows that which is why he said the tracing process is fascinating. It’s not easy to determine just by observation 

yeah I'm fascinated also...fascinated he would tweet such a thing  that might even conceivably impact the Bills negatively and invite scrutiny. Idiot.

41 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

To be fair, norman did make one good play forcing that fumble against vegas (even though poyer teed it up for him by reading waller and forcing him to switch hands with the ball.) on balance though, yeah he’s done close to nothing. The fascination with ex-panthers is really the only misstep this FO has made, the huge homerun with daryl williams aside.

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

That’s going to hurt a lot against this passing offense.

Not a good look Norman

Gotta say im kinda tired of the Panthers retreads.  Its a 50% hit rate, and Josh Norman is startin to feel a lot like Kelvin Benjamin.  Big name but below average play and not good enough to rely on.

10 hours ago, Virgil said:

That’s going to hurt a lot against this passing offense.

Not a good look Norman

Gotta say im kinda tired of the Panthers retreads.  Its a 50% hit rate, and Josh Norman is startin to feel a lot like Kelvin Benjamin.  Big name but below average play and not good enough to rely on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, C'mon now.  You know this play "sealed the deal" against the Raiders.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/derrick-henry-s-best-runs-from-103-yard-game-week-10

I'm not so concerned about Norman, though, on the "don't miss what you haven''t had" principle.

Nothing against Dane, I think he's a good player, but Wallace does have more experience, and if Hyde can't go, Marlow is more proven.

Just realized you pointed that out before i did! 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Maybe we run it more than 18% this week.  While I didn't state this in my post, I don't think the drop off between knox and Kroft is much if anything.  While Knox hasn't done much of anything this season, he's still a big legit target that defenses can't just ignore.   Sending out Lee Smith 15 times on pass plays and the defense may just ignore him, don't think you can do that with Knox.  Agree we may be more limited in two TE set but Gilliam does have is it two TD's?

Hope teams follow your advice and just ignore players you do not like.  Josh will distribute the ball to players not covered.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

jackson looks not bad but worley is kinda terrible. Let’s hope you’re right. Marlowe gone is an underrated loss, even if he only plays around 25% of snaps normally.

The fact that his playing time plummeted and he got cut on the Cowboys, who aren't exactly stout on D, is not promising but I don't really know a thing about how they were trying to use him.  Do you have any info?  He seems like a guy who had some promise but got his life into a bad place with alcohol or substance abuse.

I agree that in a normal game with Poyer and Hyde both healthy, Marlowe is still a contributor.  But will Hyde be able to go, and if he does go, will he last through the game?  Jaquan Johnson is listed on the Bills roster as Hyde's backup, but it was Marlowe who played 100% of the defensive snaps when Hyde was out with concussion.

• Like (+1) 1

If Hyde is good to go, we should be largely okay I think. Kroft will be a loss, as will Wallace and Marlowe, but they haven't been essential guys to how the team has been performing.

Otoh, if Hyde isn't going to play, then we are 'in trouble', as his loss impacts the secondary hugely, and with Marlowe out, that also has a knock on effect.

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

This "Carolina Connection" has to stop. It was kinda cool for a while, when it felt like we had some "inside information" on hidden gems on the Panthers. But now it just feels like we've been getting conned by players and their agents, trying for one last contract before the league learns they don't belong anymore.

I love you, McBeane. You're the reason we're knocking on the door right now. But do us all a favor and stop taking calls from Charlotte!

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

F0C71801-F384-42E3-A53D-FE965E7FBD6D.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1