Looks like we're shorthanded tomorrow - Covid-19

QB Bills

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The thing is, Logic, we all know that if the Bills lose this is 2-3 more weeks of “see, the Bills aren’t that good.”, and “Josh Allen, what has he done? Couldn’t even beat the Cards, but Tua could!”

I’m just truly not in the mood anymore for all of THAT garbage.

This is sad to read. In a comical way.

• Like (+1) 1

It was gonna happen at some point.  It's tough, but the teams that prevail this year are the teams that can adjust on the fly and have depth.

The offense is clicking on all cylinders - if they can light it up like they did last week, the Bills can win.

It seems the Norman pick up has been unfortunately awful. Not only has he been poor in coverage but he can't stay on the field and now has contracted Covid. I don't want to kick him when he's down, but if he has disregarded protocol, jeopardizing the outstanding performance of this team, he should be ashamed 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

So it’s his fault?

They are upset, first thing to do is find someone to blame. Eventually they realize it’s just an unfortunate occurrence and blaming is a waste of energy. 
I am upset too, I wanted to see all our guys back. I will choose to look at the positives like seeing how some new or young guys look. 

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I read somewhere that a practice squad player can only play in 2 games and if they want him in more, he has to be signed to the active roster.  If that's true then in order for Jackson to play, they're going to have to sign him.  The Bills have an open roster spot. 

I believe we get an exemption for having players on the covid list that give us an extra call-up

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

So it’s his fault?

We have no information on this point. 

All the players have close contacts outside the team.  Some have families.  Many have private assistants coming into their homes on a regular basis for massage, cupping, deep acupuncture, pilates, personal chefs, housekeeping.  Some are out getting haircuts and mani and pedicures.  Some are going out to restaurants and bars hopefully in compliance with NFL, team, and local regulations.  Some are having small gatherings at their houses.

I'll just say this: if the players with personal assistants/in home services request that both parties wear masks through the whole time and stay as distant as possible, they're doing what they can.  Ditto for gatherings/restaurants - wear a mask except when you are actually actively eating or drinking.

If they aren't, then they could do more.

• Like (+1) 1

So the Bills will be down 2 back ups and a starting CB who gives up a lot of catches-are they really “short handed?” Not to say they won’t be missed or needed, but reading through the comments you would think we would be down 5 starters on each side of the ball. Let’s not forget that if you look at the Cardinals injury report it certainly looks like they are going to be down several players (or will be playing at far less than 100%) themselves. This game was always going to be a shootout and the Bills still have all of their top guys for the game 

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe we get an exemption for having players on the covid list that give us an extra call-up

Correct,  CB Dane Jackson, WR Jake Kumerow, LB Darron Lee, and S Josh Thomas are replacements for the four players placed on Reserve/Covid. Those do not count against PS elevations. Daryl Worley was a practice squad elevation, his first of two free call-ups

• Thank you (+1) 1