More Old Bills -the 1st 35 years

Chandler#81

13 hours ago, Beast said:

I'll bring it up here instead if making a new thread.

39 years ago today, the Bills had their own version of "Hail Murray" when Joe Ferguson's prayer was answered by Roland Hooks and the Bills beat the pre-cheating, New England Patriots at Rich Stadium.

Back then, I believe the Bills called yhe play "Big Ben", but I could be wrong.

On a side note, I was at that game with my Dad. When Hooks hauled that pass in, we were in the parking lot.

LOL

FWIW the play before the hail mary to Hooks was a bomb to Hooks that set up the hail Mary. The catch on preceeding play was one of the greatest catches in Bills history, I've mentioned it on several occasions. Oh yeah, I was still in the stands , not the parking lot.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Steve O said:

FWIW the play before the hail mary to Hooks was a bomb to Hooks that set up the hail Mary. The catch on preceeding play was one of the greatest catches in Bills history, I've mentioned it on several occasions. Oh yeah, I was still in the stands , not the parking lot.  

Exactly. Most only remember the Hail Mary but it was the play before that was even more amazing. I had the audio recordings of those plays from that Pats game with Van Miller for years and years afterwards until sadly the tape broke due to old age. 

• Like (+1) 1