Trump's Legal Machine Grinds to a Halt

WideNine

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/trump-legal-team-cases-dropped-436492

... And ‘legal strategy’ should be in quotes,” said Ben Ginsberg, a veteran Republican election law attorney who headed the famed Florida recount team that ultimately led to George W. Bush becoming president.

Ginsberg chuckled at one hapless Michigan lawyer who filed an election challenge Thursday evening in a federal claims court in Washington, D.C., the wrong venue, and bizarrely titled it, “Donald Trump v. USA,” as if the president was suing the nation.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, WideNine said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/trump-legal-team-cases-dropped-436492

... And ‘legal strategy’ should be in quotes,” said Ben Ginsberg, a veteran Republican election law attorney who headed the famed Florida recount team that ultimately led to George W. Bush becoming president.

Ginsberg chuckled at one hapless Michigan lawyer who filed an election challenge Thursday evening in a federal claims court in Washington, D.C., the wrong venue, and bizarrely titled it, “Donald Trump v. USA,” as if the president was suing the nation.

that has been the general theme. He had no lawyers in place before the election. Then couldn’t get people. Lawyers he got backed out. Bad look for a leader.  Kind of like how he handled COVID.

• Like (+1) 1

Andre McCarthy, a former federal prosecutor, a Republican, and a supporter of Trump’s reelection campaign, tells it like it is:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/checkmate-in-pennsylvania-for-the-trump-campaign/

It’s over in PA, and therefore over everywhere. Even if the Trump campaign wins on the issues the courts have kept afloat, those wins could only impact a small fraction of Biden’s lead, now on the order of 70-80,000 votes. 

Meanwhile, they throw decrepit old wanker Rudy Giuliani before a judge for the first time since 1992 to make a fool of himself with silly, sputtering arguments. All the respectable attorneys have now bailed. 

Does anyone with the levers of power in the Republican Party (that would be Mitch) have the guts to tell Trump it is truly over? Because it is. The rest of this is campaign (2024?) and fundraising nonsense. Let’s move on. Now. 

Trump is finished, but his supporters refuse to see the writing on the wall.

The lawyers are quitting, they're getting laughed out of federal court day after day and the election is over. Only Rudy Guiliani is left to lie for Trump, and they see right through his BS.

There was no fraud and the vote wasn't rigged.

Voters delivered Republicans victories all over the country in the Senate, House, and state level that were unexpected, but they were sick of Trump and couldn't bring themselves to vote for him too.

The US wanted to return to normalcy, and they likely will. This was a referendum on Trumpism, and it was soundly defeated. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Andre McCarthy, a former federal prosecutor, a Republican, and a supporter of Trump’s reelection campaign, tells it like it is:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/checkmate-in-pennsylvania-for-the-trump-campaign/

The National Review, I am sure, is part of the Deep State swamp FoxNews leftist state these days. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/13/2020 at 8:20 PM, Backintheday544 said:

that has been the general theme. He had no lawyers in place before the election. Then couldn’t get people. Lawyers he got backed out. Bad look for a leader.  Kind of like how he handled COVID.

One of the reasons many backed out is because of personal attacks they got, as well as threats. Totally despicable behavior, fanned by The Lincoln Project, a group I saw as an important, effective, and good tool in defeating Trump. But populism often goes too far and this in this case, they did IMO. 

• Haha (+1) 1

just have to muddy the waters. slam the chinese angle that china helped biden win the election and we have 2-3 years of investigations and you put a few of bidens friends and kid in jail over this and we get to the next election.  thats the new normal right?

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

just have to muddy the waters. slam the chinese angle that china helped biden win the election and we have 2-3 years of investigations and you put a few of bidens friends and kid in jail over this and we get to the next election.  thats the new normal right?

Wouldn't surprise me but I hope not. 

I hope the parties find a way bit by bit to regain some semblance of adult behavior and civility. 

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I hope the parties find a way bit by bit to regain some semblance of adult behavior and civility. 

that's friggin hilarious.  we haven't seen it for the last four years and now lets be civil. classic. 

14 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Doubt it the republican party is basically a mad house anymore.

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

that's friggin hilarious.  we haven't seen it for the last four years and now lets be civil. classic. 

Just b.c the last 4 years the republicans didn't want to be civil doesn't mean they cannot start now... Well maybe it is too late.

There he is @Big Gun who has never once posted anything legitimate. Just calls people idiots b.c he wants to feel good about himself.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Four?

We havent seen civility since Newt started it in 1996, and it only ramped up when the black guy got into office.

Your memory cant be failing that badly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Doubt it the republican party is basically a mad house anymore.

Just b.c the last 4 years the republicans didn't want to be civil doesn't mean they cannot start now... Well maybe it is too late.

just seeing things how you want to see them i guess

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Four?

We havent seen civility since Newt started it in 1996, and it only ramped up when the black guy got into office.

Your memory cant be failing that badly.

Oh yes Republicans hated him so much, they were horrible with him.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

just seeing things how you want to see them i guess

Irony of that post...

Trump's lawyers are now suggesting that the election was rigged by the late Hugo Chavez and the supposed election stealing efforts are funded by "communist money". 

Obviously they present zero proof to back up their claims. 

At this point why are these lunatics allowed on television?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

Do you actually believe the Repubs have acted civil in any way in the last four years?

actually moreso than the dems who started their impeachment before trump ever got into office

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Do you actually believe the Repubs have acted civil in any way in the last four years?

but answer my question

Hell, do you even think Trump has ever acted civil in his 4 years?

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

actually moreso than the dems who started their impeachment before trump ever got into office

but answer my question

Moreso than the Repubs especially Trump since he has been nothing but corrupt and a lier since he got into office.

Edited by TBBills

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Hell, do you even think Trump has ever acted civil in his 4 years?

Moreso than the Repubs especially Trump since he has been nothing but corrupt and a lier since he got into office.

pulled the troops out of overseas, failed to start a conflict for the first time in like 50 years or something,  passed a crime bill that will lower prison population, negotiated peace in the middle east, continued to destroy isis, economy grew, lowered the hate crimes for the first time since obama was in office.  you know good stuff

• Haha (+1) 1