Look for Bills to stay aggressive on D...per Poyer quote

Big Turk

I love it!!  I would rather give up a big play or two then let wide open receivers catch balls all over the field on us due to zero pressure and the QB having all day to throw.

“We’ve figured out something that we believe is working, and been a lot more aggressive these last couple of weeks, so we’re staying with it,” safety Jordan Poyer said.

https://pro32.ap.org/article/wrs-diggs-hopkins-turn-bills-and-cards-must-see-tv

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I love it!!  I would rather give up a big play or two then let wide open receivers catch balls all over the field on us due to zero pressure and the QB having all day to throw.

“We’ve figured out something that we believe is working, and been a lot more aggressive these last couple of weeks, so we’re staying with it,” safety Jordan Poyer said.

Nice story by Wawrow in that link, worth a read!

Its a smoke screen..., a plot, a diversion, a trick, a mind game, will they do it? Or won’t they do it, it’s psychological warfare my friends, and Tua is the victim! 

Sorry, got in a free relating loop there ... 😁 but still, it could be true... 

Go Bills !!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2

I feel that it really worked vs Seattle because they refused to throw screens.  Chase Edmunds is a little dynamo on screens.  It’s gonna be interesting to see if we can contain their run game (rbs and Murray).  Collapsing the pocket while filling their lanes is going to be the key to the game imo.  Other than scoring points 

Hopefully they found what they were looking for.  We confused RW.  Kyler has been known to throw some bad passes.  Let’s keep this Trent going.  Contain Murray in the pocket and we might dominate 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I feel that it really worked vs Seattle because they refused to throw screens.  Chase Edmunds is a little dynamo on screens.  It’s gonna be interesting to see if we can contain their run game (rbs and Murray).  Collapsing the pocket while filling their lanes is going to be the key to the game imo.  Other than scoring points 

Hopefully they found what they were looking for.  We confused RW.  Kyler has been known to throw some bad passes.  Let’s keep this Trent going.  Contain Murray in the pocket and we might dominate 

Murray is great at throwing from the pocket(6th best in the NFL) but terrible at throwing on the run or outside the pocket(2nd worst in the NFL)...we need to force him to throw while moving and not let him just stand around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Its a smoke screen..., a plot, a diversion, a trick, a mind game, will they do it? Or won’t they do it, it’s psychological warfare my friends, and Tua is the victim! 

Sorry, got in a free relating loop there ... 😁 but still, it could be true... 

Go Bills !!!

Yup.  Just like last week when Poyer said we were going to run the ball all day at the league's worst passing defense.  Carroll took the bait hook, line, and sinker.

• Haha (+1) 1

We’ve figured out something that we believe is working, and been a lot more aggressive these last couple of weeks, so we’re staying with it,” safety Jordan Poyer said.

Tre White Buffalo Bills GIF - TreWhite BuffaloBills Football GIFs

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Murray is great at throwing from the pocket(6th best in the NFL) but terrible at throwing on the run or outside the pocket(2nd worst in the NFL)...we need to force him to throw while moving and not let him just stand around.

I think part of it is - kingsbury will scheme up a short passing game if you let him.  So you have to play more aggressive than a traditional quarters/cover 3 McD defense.  They've had some success with the zone blitz last week, as well as playing around with some 46 bear concepts. 

Murray hasn't been a particularly efficient 3rd down passer, but his legs definitely can hurt you.  I'd probably rather have him passing short of the sticks than running around causing problems.

So my guess would be pressure looks on early downs to try and stop the run, and try get into 3rd and long type situations.  On those situations - sit on the routes at the sticks and spy murray. 

Doing all this will result in a couple big plays - likely screens or 50/50 balls to hopkins.  But it helps prevent teams just running it down our throats as they have all season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

There’s 2 sides to that.  He’s also on pace for over 1000 yards rushing.  While we want to get him moving so he’s forced to throw on the run.....we don’t want to get him moving so he can take off and run.  We need to keep him contained.  If he gets out of containment, we have to get to him quickly.  I can’t recall McD ever using a lb or safety to spy the qb.  I think he’s rather use the spy as a blitzer.  Either way, Murray is a tough one to deal with.  Hopefully we can confuse him and force him into TO’s

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There’s 2 sides to that.  He’s also on pace for over 1000 yards rushing.  While we want to get him moving so he’s forced to throw on the run.....we don’t want to get him moving so he can take off and run.  We need to keep him contained.  If he gets out of containment, we have to get to him quickly.  I can’t recall McD ever using a lb or safety to spy the qb.  I think he’s rather use the spy as a blitzer.  Either way, Murray is a tough one to deal with.  Hopefully we can confuse him and force him into TO’s

Sensei - "Sweep the leg"

Bills-   "YES SENSEI"

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

The Bills defense is almost designed to stop a one dimensional passing attack. The team has a good pass rush when it isn't being run on, the secondary is good and the team can blitz with Poyer and Edumonds (and apparently Klein) from the second level. 

The Bills offense scoring on the first two drives and the Carson injury forced Seattle to be one dimensional and that feed into the Bills strenghts. It was a truly great match up for the Bills. Hopefully the gameflow goes similar against AZ.

• Like (+1) 1

I also look for there to be a lot of squawking around here when the Bills blitzers are emphasizing a contain technique like they employed against Cam Newton to move him off his spot but keep him moving parallel to the LOS. Not necessarily looking for sacks but defending the QB's legs and forcing him to make decisions and deliveries on the move and with only one eye.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I love it too. You can tell the difference lately especially in the last game.

Man, even if they don’t get back to last year‘s form, if they could peak at the right time, watch out!

Edited by BillsFan619

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills defense is almost designed to stop a one dimensional passing attack. The team has a good pass rush when it isn't being run on, the secondary is good and the team can blitz with Poyer and Edumonds (and apparently Klein) from the second level. 

The Bills offense scoring on the first two drives and the Carson injury forced Seattle to be one dimensional and that feed into the Bills strenghts. It was a truly great match up for the Bills. Hopefully the gameflow goes similar against AZ.

💯

18 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Your absolutely right about this and most teams will abandon the run if you jump out on them. That’s why when you look back at the rams game how impressive that was to stick with the run while down so many points if they would of forgot about the run no way they climb back in that game 

• Like (+1) 1