What products do you absolutely stand by?

Royale with Cheese

HP ink cartridges. Yea, they're more expensive than refills, but I've never had an issue with them like I do with refills. And bless your self if you've never had to clean out a printer that had a refill leak. 

15 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Dewalt and Porter Cable power tools are quality.  Certainly worth paying for if you’re going to use them for a long time. 

Both made by Stanley, along with Black and Decker and several other brands.

https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/our-businesses/tools-and-storage

Edited by Just Jack
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

HP ink cartridges. Yea, they're more expensive than refills, but I've never had an issue with them like I do with refills. And bless your self if you've never had to clean out a printer that had a refill leak. 

Both made by Stanley, along with Black and Decker and several other brands.

https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/our-businesses/tools-and-storage

Thanks.  And I agree on ink cartridges.  Off brands and refills can ruin a printer.  I’ve been through that. 

The Weber Kettle grill.  It doesn't matter if its the classic, Silver or Gold model. Versatile and durable.

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. It still beads and shines from a quick application in May. 

The Works toilet bowl cleaner, for anything porcelain. Great for keeping hard water stains away.  Well worth the $2 per bottle.

Never need to use a brush.

ICE COLD analgesic gel for my lower back.  A really cheap knock off that works for me. Icy Hot and others are too hot, ending up causing my muscles to tighten and defeat the purpose of using it. Others don't work at all for me. There's one store in town I find it in and buy a few jars at a time. 

And I don't know if you can call it a "product"..but the foam coolers that Omaha Steaks come in.  Travel back to NY, freeze a few packages of Sahlens, freeze them. Pack with ice in one of those coolers.  Let sit in the trunk of the car in the middle of summer. When

you get home two days later, the hot dogs will still be frozen and the ice will still be there.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dhg said:

Samsung products, especially TV.  

JVC audio when I younger. Wish they still made audio products.

Apple iMac

I’ve been super disappointed in Samsung lately. My 2nd Samsung phone in a row is immediately having major issues (randomly decided not to allow me to get calls - just sends calls right to voicemail and I have no idea it’s happening until someone texts me that they’ve been trying to call, or I get a random voicemail without the phone ever ringing. Sometimes won’t even allow people to leave a voicemail).

And they seriously downgraded their 2020 TVs. You have to step up an entire series just to get the same features you got a year ago on the lower series. 2nd year in a row they did this. Like last year’s Q6 is equal to this year’s Q7 (etc). The Q9 is still a great TV though. But too expensive (and QLED is just a marketing gimmick. It’s just a film on the screen. Every manufacturer has their version (like Sony’s is called Triluminous)).

Agree on JVC! 

Sony TVs. You can’t go wrong with any of their 900 series, or above, models. The Sony X900H is probably the best value LED tv on the market right now, and you get HDMI 2.1 as a bonus. Sony has been the industry leader in picture upscaling and motion processing for as long as I can remember.

Ive owned Sony TVs for decades, never had an issue. My Sony Bravia XBR6 LCD tv from 2007 is still going strong in my bedroom. And honestly, it still looks as good or better than many of the low/mid tier new TVs on the market. I recently replaced it as my main TV with a new Sony tv and once again love it. Best looking TV I’ve ever owned.

- LG OLED TVs are also a great value. LG makes the OLED panels for most TV manufacturers. Their B and C series OLED’s are the best value OLEDs on the market, by far.

- Denon for home audio/video receivers. 

-Emotiva speakers. Great value for the money. They use high end cabinets, drivers, crossover components. Their T2+ towers are the best bang for your buck out there in tower speakers. 3 way speaker - two 8” woofers, 6 1/2” mid, and a ribbon tweeter (I LOVE ribbon tweeters. You’ll hear details in songs/movies you’ve never heard before) that weigh 60lbs each and can handle 500w RMS, all for $999/pair. Crazy value.

Their c2+ center channel speaker is far and away the best $400 center channel on the market in my opinion. It’s another 3 way design. It’s massive, at almost 3ft long and 45+lbs. It has Two 6 1/2” woofers, a 3” mid range and ribbon tweeter and handles 400+watts rms.

-Also, Chane speakers are crazy good value too.

edit - forgot to mention Toyota cars and Honda engines/cars/power equipment (like generators)

Edited by BillsFan4

On 11/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Oxi-Clean without a doubt.  It doesn't matter what stain I have, it will get it out.  

I washed chapstick by accident and all the oil/balm went all over one of my favorite shirts.  Big oil blotches everywhere.  

I used stain removers and even Dawn....nothing.

Then I soaked it in a bucket with Oxi-clean for 3 days.  I just pulled it out and dried it.  No more stains!

OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder - 3.5lbs : Target

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.