Who is your favorite back up Bills player of all time?

Reich and Kenneth Davis are obvious.

But I'll give some love here to Thad Lewis.  He started some games in 2013 after EJ got hurt.  I remember having absolute no expectations for him but he pleasantly surprised me that year.  He made some exciting plays this day:

3 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I was there...but was walking out in the parking lot when I heard the big roar.   Yes, I did finally watch this video and saw what I missed.

Funny you say that, bigk, because as I was watching the youtube video, I was thinking it was kind of a Woodstock thing.   400,000 people were actually at Woodstock yet a 1,000,000 or more claim they were there.  Similarly, I think a lot of more people say they saw this game - including the miraculous ending - than actually did.  As you know, lots of people left early like you did - before the Hooks fireworks.  

Anyway, congrats to you for the honesty.  Feel bad for you - you missed a great Bills moment.   My favorite game between OJ and Kelly.  

Frank Reich

Lots of other choices but both on and off he represented the best in Buffalo.

His organization "Athletes in Action" was selling Celebration-Comeback posters of Frank Reich to raise money for charity so I ordered one but I never received.

When I sent email was told they were all gone and they would refund money if I requested.

I did not.

Several months late I received email below:

Thanks for your patience with all this.  Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience to you.  I've got your address and I'll send it out tomorrow.
In fact, because of our mistake, I'll be sending you an authentic "Frank Reich" autographed poster.  Frank personally signed some of these for us .

I received poster several days later.  I have taken poster out a few times and one was Eagles Superbowl with the whole bar cheering for Eagles except two P*ts fans who lost pie in the face bets.

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Someone that was predominantly a back up and only spot starter.  So someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't count because he became a full time starter.

RIP big guy!

This was a great topic to throw up on the wall! Nice job.

Frank Reich. 

Frank holds records for the greatest NFL comeback and (until 2006) college football's greatest comeback.  We all know about his NFL comeback (Bills comeback win after being down 35-3). He also QB'd Maryland to a 1984 win over Miami after being down 31-0.

The greatest backup QB of all time would have to be Earl Morall.  He QB'd the Colts to Super Bowl III (Johnny U was injured that year) and Miami for most of their undefeated 1972 season (Bob Greise was injured for much of the year)..  Oh, yes, both teams had excellent defenses. That helped.