Did you know that the Bills are 4th in the NFL in takeaways?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal was talking about it this morning on the morning show.  The Bills are actually tied for 4th in the league with 14 takeaways....tied with several other teams but still.

Doesn't that seem weird?  I wouldn't have guessed this at all.  I really would have guessed we were probably in the bottom 10.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/turnovers/table/miscellaneous/sort/totalTakeaways/dir/desc

Did you also know that otters hold hands when they sleep in the water so they don't drift away from each other?

Holding Hands Sleeping GIF by AFV Pets - Find & Share on GIPHY

Officer Clawhauser Aww GIF - OfficerClawhauser Aww Zootopia - Discover &  Share GIFs

I do now

• Haha (+1) 1

Our defense is starting to come around.. I think we were set back because of Corona.. although they weren’t good for the first half of the year at least now they are forcing turnovers which kind of makes up for all the yards and points that we’ve given up.. If you’re going to give up yards anyways, might as well focus on ballhawking and stripping the ball away.. I think turnovers and PPG are the two most single and important stats used to judge a defense.. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, it's kind of surprising. I knew we were doing better than last year, but that isnt saying much.

I also need to look up where we rank in turnover differential. One of the biggest steps Josh has taken this year has been cutting out the turnovers. Even with those big numbers he put up last Sunday, the most impressive number was 0. No INTs, No Fumbles. Especially with getting sacked so many times.

What-if-i-say-im-not-like-the-otters.jpg

Yeah you could see Josh was really locked in on hanging on to the football during those sacks.  Now to just reduce the number he's taking.

Hello from the Otter Slide

https://fb.watch/1KnMxaPc0Z/

At present, the Bills are at +3 in the takeaway/giveaway ratio:

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/turnovers.html

Titans are at the top of the list with +10, followed by Chiefs with +8 and Steelers with +7.  Dolphins and Bucs +5, Ravens, Browns and Colts +4.

Bills at +3 are grouped with the Panthers, Packers, and SeaSnakes.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We had 4 TOs against Seattle, right? 2 INTs and 2 Fumbles.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but that one feast game kinda skews our stats and standing. Without them, we'd be -1 in TO differential. Which is more indicative of our overall performance.

I disagree with this.  You are what you are.  I didn't look it up, but I'm sure the top team in turnover differential probably had a game where they were 3/4+ turnovers in a single game this year and maybe even had a game where they didn't get any turnovers.  Sometimes these things happen in chunks.

The stats are what they are (except when the refs incorrectly called an INT on Allen against the Rams, that was total BS). 

Edited by saundena

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

top ten in sacks as well. we'll see where we end up after our bye week but it should still be close to top ten..... i can deal with the yards being given if they can keep finding ways to turn it over and get home on the qb.

giving up yards are ok....but not points...last years Bills gave up average of 16 points a game

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal was talking about it this morning on the morning show.  The Bills are actually tied for 4th in the league with 14 takeaways....tied with several other teams but still.

Doesn't that seem weird?  I wouldn't have guessed this at all.  I really would have guessed we were probably in the bottom 10.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/turnovers/table/miscellaneous/sort/totalTakeaways/dir/desc

Did you also know that otters hold hands when they sleep in the water so they don't drift away from each other?

Officer Clawhauser Aww GIF - OfficerClawhauser Aww Zootopia - Discover &  Share GIFs

If they improved on early downs and kept teams in 3rd and long they'd go a long way to getting off the field more.  Their 3rd down defense is bad... but they also have way too many 3rd and shorts this year.  

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, it's kind of surprising. I knew we were doing better than last year, but that isnt saying much.

I also need to look up where we rank in turnover differential. One of the biggest steps Josh has taken this year has been cutting out the turnovers. Even with those big numbers he put up last Sunday, the most impressive number was 0. No INTs, No Fumbles. Especially with getting sacked so many times.

What-if-i-say-im-not-like-the-otters.jpg

ANNND now I have a new avatar. Thanks!

2 hours ago, teef said:

I’ll punch an otter right in the face. 

Why would you hurt teeth? How dare you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cheese, love ya buddy, and couldn’t agree more on the surprise of the takeaways thing.  Otherwise, you remind me of Raj from Big Bang with those graphics.  😏

As they say in Seinfeld,  “Not that There is anything wrong that that.”

1 hour ago, saundena said:

I disagree with this.  You are what you are.  I didn't look it up, but I'm sure the top team in turnover differential probably had a game where they were 3/4+ turnovers in a single game this year and maybe even had a game where they didn't get any turnovers.  Sometimes these things happen in chunks.

The stats are what they are (except when the refs incorrectly called an INT on Allen against the Rams, that was total BS). 

Unfortunately it was when we were shellacked by the Titans. 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Royale, I agree. I was surprised to see that too. Maybe our defense is turning the corner at least in some ways.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The otter has been my #1 animal to come back as reincarnated if there is such a thing.  Dolphin ranks #2, not a Miami Dolphin, but a real one Lol!

• Haha (+1) 1