Analysis of Josh Allen vs Seahawks

Aaronthebaron

I watched this earlier today, and it was excellent.

There are some 'criticisms' in there, but they are constructive criticisms, and the end prognosis is that for all of how well Allen played, there is still room for improvement.

A lot of good breakdowns, and talk about how Allen's arm lets him make throws that should be difficult, but to him just look easy.

It also gives you some different angles (probably the All - 22) on those plays when they are being discussed.

There's also a terrific b reakdown of Diggs killing Adams. ;)

I have trouble getting through his videos, to be honest.  He doesn't really know how the reads on the play are structured.  Yes, on the first play he talks about John Brown was wide open, and it's 100% fair to point that out.  But then he assumes that's the first read and goes from that to saying Josh Allen's vision concerns him.  That kind of thing. 

I know he's knowledgeable, it's just an individual style preference thing for me.

🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have trouble getting through his videos, to be honest.  He doesn't really know how the reads on the play are structured.  Yes, on the first play he talks about John Brown was wide open, and it's 100% fair to point that out.  But then he assumes that's the first read and goes from that to saying Josh Allen's vision concerns him.  That kind of thing. 

I know he's knowledgeable, it's just an individual style preference thing for me.

🤷‍♂️

Maybe it's based on how the route concepts work? 

24 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe it's based on how the route concepts work? 

It could be and that's where the personal preference or match element comes in, I'd go for it more if he'd explain why he thinks that.

Don't get me wrong, it's still delightful to watch Diabolical's play designs and Josh slingin' it.  And yeah, Diggs was "'c'mon, Man, that guy's gotta eat!" on Adams a few times.

I see O'Sullivan has some kind of "school" videos and I plan to check them out, maybe that's a place where he goes into more depth on why he thinks certain things.

Allen's movement in the pocket is just amazing....it is so subtle a lot of times and he just instinctively knows how to slide around enough to open up throwing lanes or buy a little time to let his receivers come open.

So good...Brady was the best at this but Allen isn't that far off.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1