The Super Bowl Halftime Performer Is ...

TSNBDSC

On 11/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

apparently The Beach Boys and Donnie Osmand were not available So they had to go with someone more current. 

I mean I consider WeekND stuff similar to a lot of 80s music, so maybe  it won’t be so bad. 

n dat dere Lawrence Welk fella needer

31 minutes ago, Jeebus said:

Just continuing the anti-cop rhetoric.  This guy had issues punching a police officer a while back.  Fits the way the NFL is going

https://www.themix.net/2020/11/nfls-decision-to-tap-artist-who-assaulted-police-for-super-bowl-halftime-sends-a-clear-message/

Can any thread on this board avoid political hot takes?

The Weeknd is an arrogant fellow who’s most famous song is definitely about cocaine. He fights with cops. Perfect rock star mentality. If it was the Rolling Stones again, few would complain. If it was Clapton, few would complain. Those two options share a lot in common with the Weeknd and yet somehow people complain.... hmmmmm

On 11/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

None of us here on the board are the target audience. We are already football fans who will be watching the Super Bowl.

The halftime show is meant to draw non-football fans.

For me halftime is to take a leak, top off my drink and refresh my plate of snacks. 

I always try to have at least half the crowd in my SB mode. Sadly, not always the case. I need better friends.......  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1