The Super Bowl Halftime Performer Is ...

TSNBDSC

20 hours ago, Simon said:

How would I know?

I opened that video link and didn't hear a single musical instrument. 🤷‍♂️

You must have missed the one he did with Kenny G.

I'm sortof with you on this.  Yes, The Weeknd has a nice got a nice voice and sings well. But when I listen to this genre the first time I hear drum machines I lose interest. The rest of the musical accompnament is often sparse and IMO  boring

I prefer drums to have a big loud open sound like Danu Jones or David Grohl.  I notice now some of these people have drummers playing electronic pad kits that sound like drum machines.  WTF??  Why would one substitute the sound of a well tuned quality drum kit with something that sounds like it was generated on am 8bit computer with a tiny scrappy speaker?

I don't get it but to each his/her own.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

In the Category 1..... I would suggest Bruno Mars.... to be honest I had never heard of him/them.

I decided to watch this half time show to see what they were all about.

I was highly entertained and thought it was one of the best half times ever.

I am not going to run out and buy his CD or whatever they sell now but I enjoyed the performance.

I do like Bruno too.  I actually ran into him one time when I lived in Puerto Rico.  I didn't speak to him, however some of my friends did and he was a good guy.  

I thought about going through the artists for the last 25 years and putting them in categories but seemed like too much time.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:23 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Looks like the NFL took the money saving route. I will be changing the Channel and going out to the garage to drink a Bitburger and smoke a Cohiba Behike. 

The NFL doesn’t pay Super Bowl halftime performers.  Surprised it took this long before no decent act was interested.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, Don Otreply said:

Christ I’m old, never heard of them, anyone know what style of music they do? Thanks, 

thanks for the vid, kinda soft sounding without the car scene vid, but you kids like what you like 👍

Go Bills!!!

Me neither.  However, I did click on the link and it's a him, not a them.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Weeknd is pretty sick.  But his non-radio music is very risque for a Super Bowl halftime show. 

I prefer Miguel, but The Weeknd is a great choice.  

He’ll definitely stick to the radio - pop hits.  

I wouldn’t hold my breath for anything off “Trilogy” aka the GOAT R&B collection.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Music these days doesn’t interest me.. I’m 33.. grew up on Nirvana, The Beatles and soft rock/classic rock.. Occasionally I like a song from a new band every here n there... but it’s rare.. I play guitar and sing, I do some recordings that I post online mainly on YouTube but overwhelmingly I feel left out in terms of popular music today.. Miss the days of MTV when I could just turn on the tube and watch 24 hours straight of good music... but those days are gone...