Who is your favorite Bills free agent acquisition/trade of all time?

I'm with the TKO, he was prob our best franchise pick up all time,

McCoy and Mario were both huge trade pickups.

Diggs might be the best hands down in a few seasons if he continues to play at the level observed thus far. 

Edited by Real McNasty

9 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Diggs has to be up there, Paup was huge, and honestly Jerry Hughes has been a huge part of the rebuild/culture change.

It’s amazing how overlooked Hughes has been here.  The Bills got him for practically nothing, and he’s been by far the team’s best pass rusher since he walked in the door—and for much of that time he was our ONLY pass rusher. Hell, seven years later, he’s still our second best defensive player...

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Getting rid of Tyrod Taylor for a 3rd round pick will be one of the happiest, most satisfying, days of my entire life.  As I write this, only the birth of my son beats that trade out.

Not just any third round pick—the FIRST pick in the third round.  Amazing...

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

I'm with the TKO, he was prob our best franchise pick up all time,

McCoy and Mario were both huge trade pickups.

Diggs might be the best hands down in a few seasons if he continues to play at the level observed thus far. 

i agree with TKO. That was the most brilliant signing of an impact player. I remember thinking there was no way that would fail. I went out and bought a Takeo jersey and everything.  That jersey purchase, as we all know, totally jinxed it; he tore his Achilles, and was basically done. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Jack Kemp, the Bills 1st franchise QB.  He led the Bills to 2 straight AFL championships & they played in 3 straight AFL championship games.  

This is absolutely the best pickup the Bills ever made. How do you argue with a QB that wins Championships?

What's even better about this one is that the Bills picked up Kemp off waivers! 2 Championships with QB picked up off waivers? Only Brady's 6th round draft status beats that for return on investment for a team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not sure why so many people say Takeo. 
Bills were a losing team without him, and were a losing team with him. 

I think it’s got to be a player from the 90s teams or current team. 

bennett
Lofton

Paup

Hughes

Feliciano

Diggs

All things considered probably Bennet right now, but could be any of the last 3 depending on how things shake out the next few years. 

In the modern era TKO is a great one but he also flamed out pretty quickly. He was great in 03 and 04 but then got seriously hurt in 05 and although he came back in 06 he was a step slower that year and by 07 he was out of Buffalo. So his acquisition only really was for 2 high end seasons and one OK season.

Mario was kind of the same way. An OK 2012 and then two great years in 2013 and 2014 followed by a flame out in 2015 and then gone. Paup was another short lived signing great year one but then just two solid years before he left.

If I am looking at the best acquisitions in terms of longevity and impact I could be making a case for Hyde and Poyer. They have been anchoring the safety positions for the past 4 seasons at a Pro Bowl or near Pro Bowl level and they probably will be the starting safety combo next season and possibly 2022. 

Even if they just give the team one more good season that's 5 years of anchoring the back end of the secondary and for most of that time they were under market rate (Poyer only just now on a market level extension.) 

The only other free agency acquisition that gave this team 5 years of good play is London Fletcher. But Poyer and Hyde could be looking at 6 years if they play two more seasons. 

In terms of trades Huges is an all time great one both in terms of peak value and longevity of production.

Edited by billsfan89