Who is your favorite Bills free agent acquisition/trade of all time?

Well while its easy, for me it truly is Diggs.  Can't think of another trade I was that excited about, specifically because of my excitement around Josh Allen already and just how I knew Diggs was going to immediately elevate Allen's game even more and this offense.  I mean this team now is the most excited I have ever been for a team.  I lost my s**t when Diggs trade was announced, and I am still on cloud 9 now and have him in all 3 fantasy leagues.  

I get the mentioning of guys like Bennett and stuff, and there is nothing wrong obviously with those choices, not like I would ever disagree with that.  But I am 44 years old, so when those other things happened, I was too young to appreciate them or even know who Bennett was before coming here.  So he was more a guy I just always knew as a Bill, not so much an acquisition.

But right now, this team we have, this staff we have, is the best and my most favorite since the SB years.  So Diggs trade carries so much more excitement for me when it happened and even now.  

Runner ups would would be Mario Williams signing and Hughes trade.  Williams was so unexpected given he never even left Buffalo during his first visit and was one of the biggest prizes of FA that year, if not the biggest.  And he really helped change the narrative here (even though Rex set that narrative back a bit when he took over), which was big.  Hughes is arguably the most successful in terms of lop sided, trades in team history and such an important part of this team since he arrived for a sack of rocks.  

• Like (+1) 1

Trade:  Cornelius Bennett.  I don't think the Bills get to the Super Bowls without him.  He should be on the Wall of Fame.

Free Agent:  Mario Williams.  Lots of excellent choices to choose from but this deal was a rare win-win for both team and player.  The Bills went out on a limb and aggressively pursued him despite the league collectively joking it'd never happen, paid top dollar, and he rewarded them with exactly what the Bills signed him for - pass rush and sacks.  I fault Rex Ryan more for how his career ended in Buffalo than I do him as a player. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love what Diggs is doing of course....he's up there.

#1 for me, Takeo Spikes.  I knew he was an upcoming FA with the Bengals, Bills fans did too.  Remember the fans clapping when he made a tackle?  When I saw we signed him, I was pumped.  This was before I was on message boards and just went to ESPN on the computers in my college cafeteria.  

I was also a big fan of the London Fletcher acquisition.  

Takeo Spikes

Chris Spielman 

Bryce Paup

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, Bennett and Diggs are excellent choices...but give some consideration to Mario Williams.  He really was a very good player for us, before his final season.  True, ultimately, the team didn't win enough in the end, but Williams, headcase that he was, was a very productive player for us 3 of his 4 seasons...45 sacks in 4 years is nothing to skoff at.

zero impact.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, Bennett and Diggs are excellent choices...but give some consideration to Mario Williams.  He really was a very good player for us, before his final season.  True, ultimately, the team didn't win enough in the end, but Williams, headcase that he was, was a very productive player for us 3 of his 4 seasons...45 sacks in 4 years is nothing to skoff at.

I hear you but not even close to Bennett. He was the final piece of team that went to 4 super bowls and he played at a high level for a decade. Wiliams was a fine player for a few years. 

• Thank you (+1) 1