Stand-Up Comedian Mt. Rushmore

ChevyVanMiller

Ugh this is so so tough!

Richard Pryor

Robin Williams

Eddie Murphy 

Ron White

But Dangerfield, Chris Rock, Chappelle could've easily made my Mt. Rushmore depending on the day you asked me lol.  I also love Artie Lange's standup personally.  Bernie Mac is super underrated too

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

Ugh this is so so tough!

Richard Pryor

Robin Williams

Eddie Murphy 

Ron White

But Dangerfield, Chris Rock, Chappelle could've easily made my Mt. Rushmore depending on the day you asked me lol.  I also love Artie Lange's standup personally

Haven't heard anything on the Artie front for a while and that's probably a good thing. No news is good news.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure Mitch Hedburg belongs because his time was so short, but his style was & is my favorite and it’s emulated by a lot of modern humor... so up there he goes. (A cleaner follow-up on his act is Demitri Martin, who I’m also a fan of.)

Eddie.

Carlin.

Chapelle.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/12/2020 at 3:44 PM, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

tim-conway-obit.jpg

I think all your choices are hilarious...and even though I know he did stand-up, I never think of Conway as a stand-up comedian...

For me:

Dave Chappelle, Sarah Silverman, Bob Newhart and Steve Martin.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/12/2020 at 12:22 PM, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Ron White, George Carlin and Stephen Wright.  Only three, because you can't fix stupid:

Warning - - Language not suitable for work

"I had the right to remain silent - - - I just didn't have the ability."

We had the pleasure of seeing Ron White, and it was a fantastic show!  He’s on my Mt Rushmore.

We had the unfortunate experience of seeing Cosby (before the “news” came out) and Carlin long after they felt the need to actually be funny. They just wanted to tell us what to think about everything and anything. I’m surprised we didn’t leave early. I’m sure they were great back in the day, but they had long ago stopped caring about trying to be funny.  It felt like theft. 

I’m surprised Robin Williams wasn’t mentioned sooner. Guys like Mitch Hedberg and Stephen Wright have a fresh angle I enjoy. Kinison screamed at me which was different, and funny in an odd way, but I enjoyed it much less. Stephen A and the ESPN shows remind me of Kinison. 

Seinfeld has to be on my list because he managed to be funny and still be clean. It’s not that I’m offended by foul language as much as he gets bonus points for accepting the added degree of difficulty. 

Narrowing it to a top 4 is a tough task. Great thread idea, and great link to a bunch of Ron White. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Saw Dangerfield at the MGM in around 2000. Was an excellent show. He went 40-45 minutes  from stepping on stage before he took a break to  take a swig of water.   A little dirtier than TV, but maybe one F-bomb.Had seats about 25 -30 feet from the stage. The sweat he moped up with the handkerchief was real.  Had almost everyone rolling in the aisles.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.