Running QBs vs Bills

Jerome007

Is it because they have Josh to practice with? But seems to me, rushing QBs have been neutralized in that aspect of their game against the McD Bills.

The biggest surprise to me last game is how Wilson never gained a first down with a run like he so often does. His running was a total non-factoe. Last year I expected both Josh and Lamar Jackson to showcase their running game when they met and it didn't happen.

This year it's Kyler Murray leading the QBs in rushing yards. Will the Bills D stop him too?

Interesting they mentioned last week the 1's went against the 1's wonder if that is happening this week any.  Murray is an explosive player if you lose focus on him and is playing very good.  The line must rush but in a disciplined way this week.

I do think the Bills have done a good job of containing running QB's as Jackson was contained relatively well last year, the blown coverage was a dagger but the Bills still were in the game and of course we know how that ended, if we have this years Josh that game would of been won.  Wilson last week was contained for the most part on his scrambles and I expect the Bills to do a good job on Murray this week.

Nice stat last year Addison sacked Murray three times last year w Carolina when they played the Cardinals would be sweet to get something close to that again this year

I pretty much have not followed the Cardinals at all, like zero, but watching a huge hits highlight video from last week, Murray was battered good at least 2 times. Big hits. Maybe  that will reduce that part of his game. IDK if he's banged up or not.

Cam had 9 for 54 and a TD. Kyler is like a midget Lamar. We did well against Lamar last year outside of one busted coverage. Bad thing is Kyler can sling the rock better than Lamar. It will be up to Daboll, Josh, and the rest of the guys to hang points on AZ like we did Seattle. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2020 at 9:02 PM, Jerome007 said:

Is it because they have Josh to practice with? But seems to me, rushing QBs have been neutralized in that aspect of their game against the McD Bills.

The biggest surprise to me last game is how Wilson never gained a first down with a run like he so often does. His running was a total non-factoe. Last year I expected both Josh and Lamar Jackson to showcase their running game when they met and it didn't happen.

This year it's Kyler Murray leading the QBs in rushing yards. Will the Bills D stop him too?

Yes and No.

We allowed  statue Tannehill to get a big TD this season.

Cam did have 2TD against us rushing 

The threat of Wilson did open up the middle of the field for his TE and Slot receivers/

We still cannot stop the run effectively

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Yes and No.

We allowed  statue Tannehill to get a big TD this season.

Cam did have 2TD against us rushing 

The threat of Wilson did open up the middle of the field for his TE and Slot receivers/

We still cannot stop the run effectively

Don’t you feel like they have been inviting the run by going with heavy Nickel and Dime packages?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

53 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We better have a spy for Murray because if we bring pressure I guarantee you he's off to the races.

I wish we had Milano for this game.  His sideline to sideline speed is tremendous was instrumental to keeping some of these QB in check.  May be the switch of positions between Klein and Edmunds will help Edmunds play Milano's position

55 minutes ago, billspro said:

They won’t give him very much man. It will be a heavy zone game plan.

I agree and a spy won’t work as who do we have that has 4.3 speed.  It will be a contain game plan with some blitzes.  The answer is we have to out score them.  We need a repeat of the Hawks game.  Notice we didn’t spy Wilson either.

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I agree and a spy won’t work as who do we have that has 4.3 speed.  It will be a contain game plan with some blitzes.  The answer is we have to out score them.  We need a repeat of the Hawks game.  Notice we didn’t spy Wilson either.

I think it will be a very similar game plan. It’s a lot easier to play a guy like Murray when you have a great offence that will make up for mistakes. 

I feel the opposite.  RW was the only guy we stopped.  The guys that didn’t run, rarely run.  Even Carr had 4-20.  Tannehill went nuts on us. Mahomes had a low ypc, but always seemed to always escape and make things on 3rd down.  

it seems like the zone blitz may be our identity going forward. The key for our DL and blitzers is to stay in their lanes.  

Early on, Jerry was going out high and wide too wide, too often.  Now, when he starts going wide, he stops and comes back underneath.  That’s what happened on his forced fumble vs Wilson.  he went upfield but couldn’t get outside of the LT, RW saw the gap Jerry created and took off running just as Jerry did an inside spin and slipped.  But the spin back inside closed the gap from the rear pursuit.  When our ends don’t win the outside rush, it’s imperative that they get back in their lanes and fill

• Like (+1) 1