How much is Josh going to cost if hes a top 8 QB by next year?

Ramza86

1 minute ago, Doc said:

What I read was $17M.

If Mahomes plays under his fifth-year option in 2021, he would make $24,837,000, according to CBS Sports Contributor Joel Corry. As it currently stands, that would make him the sixth-highest paid quarterback in the NFL, according to Spotrac.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/patrick-mahomes-21751/

Spotrac confirms the number in the "Transaction" part of his page.

When the dust settles on the Bills for the 2020 season, I think Allen will be regarded as top 8. I'm not sure the Winter weather in Buffalo will help his cause as much as a staunch OL and ground game. He stumbled a bit, but had a great bounce-back game against Seattle. How he performs in the playoffs will probably be a determining factor in how he is viewed around the country. Josh needs to reign in the fumbles and win in the playoffs with solid passing performances. How can you continue to hate him if he takes us to the promised land?

The earlier you do the extension, the less pain you feel in the long term.  

For Josh, I think you go between Mahomes and Watson. 8 years and 300M, which includes a 10-15M signing bonus. That would add just 1.8M to his cap hit next year and in 2022,  while giving him make you rich money right off the bat, and also giving the Bills 3 years to prep for his 40M cap hit in 2023. That ALSO gives you space to resign Milano, Feliciano and Levi Wallace, and depending on what the cap is gonna be, sign a FA DE to replace Jerry Hughes/Mario Addison. 

On 11/12/2020 at 9:37 AM, Ramza86 said:

Assuming Josh continues his great QB play throughout this year and next year....what is he going to fetch?

I can imagine its going to be near 40 million a year.

Good lord thats a lot of money. Pay it. lol

Are people on TBD paying his contract? 

Who cares?  It'll get done and that's all that matters.

So he is under contract 2 years and then we have 2 years of franchise tags. The #'s being thrown out makes me think the Bills have the leverage.  Why wouldn't the Bills force Josh to play under one year franchise tags if they are going to pay him $38-40M per year Anyways? I think the best chance the Bills have of getting any kind of a ho.e town discount,  is offering a long term deal with a high guaranteed amount this offseason. Say 10 years $275 Million with $150 guaranteed. That way josh is here,  Rich, and doesn't have to worry about injuries or having a competitive team being put around him.  I think this deal would work for everyone.

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Mahomes plays under his fifth-year option in 2021, he would make $24,837,000, according to CBS Sports Contributor Joel Corry. As it currently stands, that would make him the sixth-highest paid quarterback in the NFL, according to Spotrac.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/patrick-mahomes-21751/

Spotrac confirms the number in the "Transaction" part of his page.

Sorry, meant Josh.

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This shows the popularity of this kid in and around the NFL.    He is getting noticed (for both the good and the people harping on the bad) at the national level (His fantasy points have obviously had a huge impact).  Now to get that  prime  State Farm  QB AD for the national recognition.  

It is going to be a shame when the Bills hopefully will win the AFC  East and hosting a playoff game at Bills Stadium and there will be no fans. 

On 11/13/2020 at 1:16 AM, thenorthremembers said:

Can they really afford to pay him anything this offseason or at the start of next season if the cap really dips to $175,000,000?  Probably not.

I dont think he will get what Mahomes got a year, because he isnt Mahomes.   However you have to think he makes 37-40 Million once the cap goes back up to 198.2.

He is definitely at the Watson range. If he wins the SB, then he will be closer to the Mahomes range. 

On 11/12/2020 at 7:21 AM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

W/o major restructuring there is no cap space to pay him big bucks in 2021. 

sure they can extend give him a new contract 

Again there is no cap space in 2021. 

2021 he is still under his rookie contract.  2022 will be the start of his expensive paycheck whether it is an extension or his 5th year option. 

If you consider the Mahomes deal a discount, then yes (it’s built so he ends up not even eclipsing Wilson’s money until year 7 as referenced by Pat Kirwan on MTC who is usually spot on when it comes to contracts).  Mahomes by doing a 10 year deal not only allows the team to sign a bunch of others, but his deal will be eclipsed by several others in the coming years.  The other point is with a declining cap in 2021, it would be crazy not to exercise his 5th year option so we don’t have to deal with it for two years and during that option year, the league will see new tv revenue coming up and a significant increase in the cap.  The question is how much of a % to the overall cap will he be taking up.

This is nothing to be concerned for a long time.